irl

"JUST SIGN HERE," Ojiro gestured, handing over the papers to the blond in front of him. Denki put his hand in his pocket, ready to take out his little Pikachu-designed pen before he froze, his face blanching. "The pen exploded in my pocket." Ojiro blinked at him as if he was stupid (which he was), his lips forming a straight line.

"You're telling me you felt the ink in your pocket and still didn't think anything was wrong?"

"To be fair, I couldn't tell if it was the pen ink or my hoard of ketchup packets."

His manager glared at him some more before sighing, sifting through his wallet briefly before passing him some money. "This is going to be deducted from your check; go ask one of the stylists for an extra pair of pants." Denki shot a grateful grin towards the man before scurrying off to get better clothes.

PapaHH blinked in confusion, walking past the somewhat panicked actor as he approached Ojiro. "Why is his ass black?" The male didn't even try to come up with a response, simply shaking his head with a bitter smile. "I don't get paid enough for this." He slowly lifted his head to look over at PapaHH, smiling apologetically.

As if sensing his condolences, PapaHH smiled, bringing up something else to watch away his shame. "I heard that your girlfriend is auditioning; I trust that you didn't give her any kind of step-up in comparison to the other auditioners?" Mashirao quickly shook his head. "Of course not," PapaHH took his word for it, glancing briefly at the contract papers before leaving.

Denki soon returned, signing the papers with the pen that Ojiro handed him before bidding the already exhausted manager a goodbye. Whatever tranquility Denki got from the night before had seemingly washed off and the nervousness returned as he looked around the large room. He still owed an apology to Sero and Bakugo as well, that was without question.

It was clear that Y/n was being a bit awkward towards him too, occasionally glancing at him before asking the costume designer miscellaneous things. Mustering up his courage, Denki took in a deep breath before making his way to the girl. "I heard Zada was coming back today," Y/n nodded slowly, her eyes gradually meeting his.

"I'm sorry for making everything awkward," He apologetically grinned.

She smiled softly at him, "You didn't. I just don't want my friends to fight, y'know? We're still besties, don't worry." They fist-bumped and his grin turned into a boyish laugh that made her giggle too. However, her attention diverted once Bakugo came onto the set. Denki's heart fell and he instinctively took a step back.

Kirishima noticed, shooting a smile at the blond. "How about we get a do—"

"—DENKI!" 

There it was; the mistress of Hell, the daughter of Satan, the very lady that had somehow tamed and educated Shoto. The very person who was known to pull baguettes out of nowhere and munch on garlic bread and chicken nuggets within the depths of her gremlin cave with her chunky potato-like dog.

Zada was back.

Denki was barely able to turn his head before he was met with a blur of pure rage. Kirishima even froze in shock, quickly patting Kaminari's shoulder comfortingly before scurrying off to the side. "COME HERE, I'M GONNA BEAT YOUR ASS!" Bakugo couldn't help but snort, turning his head to the side.

"Like you could beat anyone's ass, shortie."

Y/n immediately moved to the side and swiftly bowed at her best friend, making an odd fighting gong-like sound before standing beside Kirishima. "Ah, so you're the same as me," The h/c-haired girl exclaimed, happily beaming at him. The redhead was glad to find someone of his kind, nodding ecstatically.

"Yeah, except my feral gremlin requires a child leash!" 

Y/n stopped, her face blanking. "Wait, Bakugo has a child leash?"

"His mom gave it to me just in case."

She turned her head towards him before beckoning him to bend down. He did as she suggested and she quickly whispered, "Lend it to me some time." The redhead pulled away with a boyish grin and nodded. Bakugo cocked a brow at the interaction, tilting his head at his best friend. The muscular male merely tilted his head back, mimicking a dog as he grinned innocently.

"Alright, she's all done." As if on cue, one of the groomers spoke as Missy came padding out, a happy little dog smile on her face, her brown eyes turning to stare at everyone in the room. She seemed to grow ecstatic at so many familiar faces giving her attention as her tail wagged even harder, her tongue lolling out of her mouth.

Bakugo swiftly bent down, reaching two hands up to pet the top of her head. Missy gratefully licked her own nose, her tail still wagging as she averted her attention to the girl that approached her. Y/n reached a hand out, letting the golden retriever sniff her hand as much as she wanted before petting her between her ears.

The feral blond stared at Y/n, teeth gritted at his costar.

"Flatass,"

"Child leash wearer," Y/n narrowed her eyes.

Bakugo whipped his head up, red eyes glaring at Kirishima. "You told her?!"

The male blanched, quickly pulling his phone out of his pocket and dramatically gasping. "Oh, look! A text from April!" He dashed down the hall and away from Bakugo's line of vision, forcing the angry blond to let out a bitter sigh. He didn't feel like chasing anyone today, it seemed. "Alright, five minutes till we shoot!" PapaHH announced, clapping his hands.

Y/n stopped petting Missy (much to the dog's dismay) and took a step back, making sure there were no dog hairs on her outfit before recollecting herself. Bakugo glanced at Missy before gesturing her to sit, running over his lines in his head before getting into position. From afar, Denki watched the two, his tongue running over his lips.

Guess he really does know when to be professional. "Hey, I'm not done with you," His thoughts were cut off by Zada storming towards him, the female swiftly rolling up her sleeves with an annoyed expression on her face. The blond blanched, expecting a smack to the face as he braced himself.

Instead, he got a bop on the head, making him open his eyes and blink furiously.

"Please don't hit me, at least let me remove my spare ketchup packets."

"I'm not gonna hit you. . . yet," A scary grin shaped her lips and he shuddered. She sighed before speaking, seeming exhausted from both the jet lag and all the recent drama between her friends. Her eyes met his and she spoke firmly. "Just. . . don't be stupid." Like an idiot, Denki grinned, nodding rapidly.

He stupidly saluted her, "Aye, aye, sir!"

"IT'S MA'AM!"

what's ur favorite part of this book? i'm curious.