epilogue

ONE AND A HALF YEARS. That's how long it took Katsuki to muster up the courage to propose. Along the way, a lot of things had happened. Sero had grown closer to his mother and although things were still rocky, the two were making up for all the lost time. Denki had officially become a member of Sirenhead. And Y/n. . . she was still Y/n.

She uploaded on YouTube more and occasionally starred in shows, but it was rare for her to go to the auditions Ojiro mentioned. None of the pretexts seemed to catch her attention while Bakugo went into anything and everything, movie or show. It was hard to go anywhere without their being cameras and the two had quarrels over it, but it always ended the same way.

He would find her on the living room couch, join her, and then slowly reach for her hand.

With her, he was safe. Whether they were angry at each other or not, that was all he needed to know.

The two had moved in together after a year of their relationship (mainly because Y/n insisted that she missed Missy so much). That led to now, Y/n being upset that her beloved cat wasn't with her. "I just think it's really homophobic that you guys won't let me see my son in his full outfit," She said, scrunching her nose as Ami fixed her earring.

Cin looked up at her as she held up an eyeliner pen, pointing at Yaomomo. "She literally has a girlfriend," Y/n stuck out her tongue in response and Cin did the same before turning back to finish her makeup. Like Zada, Y/n and Bakugo had decided to compromise when it came to the groomsmen and bridesmaids.

The maid of honor was Zada and the best man was Kirishima (of course). The bridesmaids consisted of Jera, Cin, Ami, Yaomomo, and under Bakugo's suggestion: Mina and Ro. Bakugo's groomsmen were Denki, Sero, Todoroki, Ojiro, Tokoyami, and Jiro. Needless to say, he definitely needed to go out and get more guy friends.

"Your cat is fine; he's busy swatting at his sister," Zada muttered, walking in. She had just gotten the orange Maine Coon ready and he definitely wasn't a fan of clothing. However, Missy was an absolute angel and didn't mind having a little flower outfit on. Similar to Snowflake, Missy was the flower girl. . . or flower dog, more like.

"Alright, all done," Ami let out a breath before setting their hands on Y/n's shoulders, smiling brightly at her. "You'll be fine. I'm also saying this so you can end up letting me take care of your cat while you become a bride." Y/n laughed softly and nodded, agreeing with her as Ami grinned before scurrying off.

They all lined up and for a second, Bakugo could feel what Todoroki felt way back then. His heart was hammering in his chest and it didn't help that he felt more anxious by seeing the doors open only to reveal a totally different pair. The bridesmaids and groomsmen slowly filled up the sidelines, leaving the path open to the bride.

Missy came padding down the aisle, a big doggy grin on her face as she held onto Butters' leash with her mouth. Petals shook off her harness, especially when she made a few pit stops to get pets. After a while, she came up to Bakugo and Ami was quick to take Buttered Noodles' leash, grinning as she cradled him in her arms.

Finally, the music changed and Bakugo could feel his heart smash into his ribs.

As if sensing his anxiety, Kirishima shot him a grin and set a hand on his shoulder reassuringly. The doors finally opened and the blond's breath hitched. Y/n looked stunning (as usual). She strode down the aisle with her father, smiling warmly at him when he turned to Bakugo and nodded politely.

Bakugo bowed in return and took Y/n's hand, leading her to stand across from him. PapaHH droned on for a while before finally reaching the vows, making Y/n turn to Zada who passed her a folded piece of paper. Bakugo dug in his own pockets for his, unraveling the piece. Her eyes flitted to him and he glanced at her and then back at his vows.

"You're an idiot," At that, the crowd burst into laughter as Y/n felt her cheeks grow warm. "But you're my idiot. I didn't think I'd go onto set and find love; nonetheless with the one person who annoyed me more than anyone else. Throughout our damn relationship, I couldn't help but see how stupid, reckless, and impulsive you were. However, you were more than that."

"I could go on about the dumb sh—stuff I've seen you do, but I've also noticed how you're selfless. You're honest, loyal, and kind. . . sometimes way more to your stupid cat than to your own fiancé. Needless to say, you're the only person I could see being worthy. You're the only person I would want to be my damn wife." He said before passing the paper to her.

He pointed to a specific line and she grinned widely, laughing at the sight of it. Your ass is fat. Bakugo smiled ever so slightly at her expression as she scrunched up his note and opened hers. "Falling in love with you was never my goal; it was something totally different, but I don't think that's very PG-13. However, I'm glad it happened."

"With you, things always seemed to be more entertaining. I hated waking up so early in the morning, but I'd remember I could annoy you more that day. I hated the car ride to work, but I loved arguing with you in the car. I hated your aggressiveness, but I sucked it up to spend time with Missy. I hated a lot of menial things in our filming days, but,"

She sucked in a breath before finishing. "I could never bring myself to hate you. You were okay with who I was and even though you told me to shut up, you never meant it. You threw my jokes right back at me and I know you insulted my cat so much because you loved seeing me get so passionate and defensive about my beloved son. Actually. . . our son now."

Tears pooled in her eyes and she blinked rapidly to get rid of them, making him snicker and reach across to wipe them away from her face. "You might ruin your makeup and look ugly," He joked, mumbling quietly so only the both of them could hear it. Her brows furrowed and she smacked his arm lightly, their attention turning to PapaHH.

"Katsuki, do you take Y/n to be your wife, to cherish in love and in friendship, in strength and in weakness, in success and in disappointment, to love her faithfully, today, tomorrow, and for as long as the two of you shall live?"

"I do."

"Y/n, do you take Katsuki to be your husband, to cherish in love and in friendship, in strength and in weakness, in success and in disappointment, to love him faithfully, today, tomorrow, and for as long as the two of you shall live?"

PapaHH grinned, glad that he had gotten that online priest license.

"You may kiss the bride."

And for once, leash or not, Bakugo did as he was told.

Hours later, the reception was finally moving on from all the sappy dances. Y/n had dragged Bakugo onto the dance floor again, a big grin on her face as she occasionally stepped on his feet. He always winced and scowled, but he never led her back to their seats.

Sero watched with soft eyes, swirling the soda in his cup. He was never one to be so enamored with someone, but seeing his best friend enjoy herself like that. . . part of him envied it too. Which is why he only processed it now; throughout it all, Y/n had been there for Katsuki. Through thick and thin.

However, who was ever there for him? Would someone show up in his life like Bakugo's infamous TV wife? He sipped his drink, a small laugh leaving him as Denki came up to him. He grinned widely, seemingly excited about something. "Dude, they have the coolest chocolate fountain—" The rest droned out as Sero stared, chewing on his bottom lip. Of course. I guess I was the Y/n for Denki.

Like I said before, Sero was never the type to be so enamored with someone. However. . . it didn't hurt to give someone a chance. "Hey," Hanta swiftly cut him off, making Denki pause and stare at him in confusion. The black-haired boy tilted his head to the side, smiling slightly.

"Wanna dance?"

END.