Feeling Grey (Pt 2)

[ Warning: More Angst and Mostly Flashback ]

"Where...is she now?" I spoke up looking over at Al. "She was immune so she survived right?"

Al shook his head. "It was Our duty to protect her, make sure she was safe, but we were in a adolescent fawn stage. We didn't know what might happen when we handed her over to someone we thought would keep her safe...Cross blamed himself for the accident...but he was never to blame."

"Our own kind. Killed her."

》¤ Flashback Sequence ¤《

◇ [ XCLISE'S POV ] ◇

I stumbled as I tried to crawl over to my caretakers as I squeaked and chittered, I wasn't allowed to see them for some reason, I wasn't allowed to touch them either...

Though all I wanted to do was play with my male caretaker's horns and ask about his scars

And look up at my female caretaker's beautiful blue glow as she gave me nuzzles.

Was...this all my fault?

I heard my caretaker speak up in his rough and deep tone he always carried "Promise me you'll take care of her, Chrome."

"I--You--You can't leave me! You promised you'd teach me everything about being a guardian!" My older brother cried out, trying to hold back his pain through his grey glow. I could feel it... it...hurt so much.

But why? What was happening to the Caretakers?

I tried to go over to check but Al-an had got in front of me and shook his head. "Xclise. you are prohibited to go over. They're in quarantine." He looked down at me as he tried to cover me from looking.

"I want to see them! I want to help." I shouted as I turned a red in color using my front hooves to push against my brother. "Let go!" I squeaked out as my body started to tingle and emmit a glow.

"Xclise. Calm down." I heard the familiar male deep toned voice. "...Al-an. Let her come over. Though do not allow her to pass the barrier." My male caretaker spoke up with a low growl in his voice. He always was so tough, especially with Chrome Those two had a relationship of anger and strength...also fighting too that it makes them so happy to be with eachother. Its also I heard from my other caretaker that she thinks that It's the reason why He was chosen to take care of big brother X-Chrome. Also because everyone else gave up but ignoring that.

I floated down on the ground as I walked over. I was the tiniest fawn. I always had to make sure I wasn't tripped over or knocked to the side, especially with him.

I looked up at the tall 18 ft creature before me. My Male Caretaker and the commander/chief of anything relatable to fighting

Vthorn.

He was covered in holes and scars per usual and had a long pointed tail which coiled around one of his legs, he also had a bunch of horns and most precusors who met him always said he wasn't even normal in the least.

But butterflies entered my mind when I saw him, I just wanted to hug and squeeze him and informally call him; father. But...

I stared at the green spots riddled all over him.

My spikes twitched and laid back against my skin, it was always squisher than the others, mostly because of the fact I was bred not made.

I stared at my caretaker as I sadly chittered. "...When will you get out? Everyone needs you...even the guardians say that they cannot hold back the panic."

Vthorn stared down at me as he snarled, turning away. "Those little ingrates can stand without me, I don't need to baby them about protocols."