The Past and Future

I heard the voice as I tried to get inside, Robin looked over at me. "Go without me." She says looking out at me with worry filled in her eyes.

"Inadequate. I can't leave without you." I replied as I tried to push inside but was unable to. "I will stay until you get out."

"Al-an I won't be able to get out and you know that." Robin pressed her hand against the forcefield. "I have to go meet who is doing this."

"Robin...They sound Hostile, They implied they will harm you." I tried to get inside more trying anything.

"I'm sorry Al-an..." Robin looked at me, her eyes filled with tears.

"Robin. Don't leave me. You promised you'd stay with me..." I felt the past slowly start to take affect of me as my colors shifted.

"Al-an no matter what I do i'd still be stuck, but at least if I confront them I might be able to get out." Robin explained as her hand was against the forcefield.

I started to feel Despair. I never thought there would be a chance that Robin would...actually die.

I knew humans didn't live very long however they shouldn't be able to die this easily at least I thought. Robin--

I thought Robin would stay with me forever.

Nothing had to come between us but now-there was this forcefield.

It wasn't fair. All this time spent together for nothing? I learned so much with her. She taught me about emotions. She taught me about humans. I taught her a couple of things as well. I adapted to this wonderful life with her.

I needed her to stay with me.

Why should this silly wall keep us apart??

It shouldn't.

My colors turned black as I slammed my arm into the forcefield and teleported through, forcing entrance.

...

..

××××

...

..

I slowly adjusted as everything seemed...blurry for a moment however I soon noticed Robin staring at me wide eyed.

"Al-an!" She wrapped her arms around my head as I was laid across the ground, my powers almost depleted from the force entry. I felt my head throb in pain, when I touched my head I noticed green liquid dripping down off my arm. I never seen my blood in a long time.

Robin squeaked surprised but quickly grabbed out a medkit.

"Robin thats--your..." I could barely speak through the pain it has been a while since I felt it in fact, at least this much.

"No. I'm using this on you-you're bleeding!" She opens up the medkit and used it on me. Wrapping the injury up and applying some around my wounds before going back and placing my head on her legs. She stared at me with worried eyes. "Al-an I want you to stay here. I'll get us both out."

"No." I shook my head. "I..want to come with you."

"Al-an you're hurt...It's my fault too..." Robin looked down clenching her hands onto fists as she softly started to cry. I tried to calm her down as I could barely move but tried nonetheless.

"It's not your fault It's mine, I acted on impulse...funny being how I am usually the opposite and you are the one to be impulsive.." I tried to stand up, Robin helping my balance.

"Heh..yeah...Don't be impulsive though Al-an. It doesn't suit a Intelligent Alien..." Robin sniffled a bit.

"You really must be worried about me if you complimented me." I sighed. "Let me come with you."

"...Fine." Robin sighed.

×××

We walked around in the building, Robin watched as she notices something squirming in her bag, which she liked to call her inventory, She pulls out Awing.

I stared. "How did he even get in there--"

"No idea but Al-an is soo cute I can just kiss him." Robin giggled.

Hearing my name cute, and kiss in the same sentence literally felt all too weird and yet a felt a little bit of anger towards the Pengwing. How come he got more love than me? I am a higher intelligence than a simple--creature.

She kissed the top of Awing's head before placing him back into the bag

I stared harshly at the Pengwing, my colors flickered red for a second before I calmed down and just continued walking with Robin. She looks around touching the walls in curiosity, I chuckled at her actions, and put my arm against the wall beside her hand. When I did a hidden door opened and we tumbled down into a secret base. There was a cube similar to mine which was in the cube however this one was red in color.

"You! How did YOU get down here?!" The red Large Ion Cube spoke seemingly talking to Robin but noticed me.

They went quiet. "And Whom are you? Whatever. Do not touch anything."

"He is correct Robin do not touc--Robin?" I looked around everywhere and looked up at the Data transfer, I groaned as I saw her TOUCHING EVERYTHING up there.

"Data must be flushed into a Storage Unit... Searching."

"Robin!-Move--" I tried to quickly tell her to leave.

"Okay Ho--" Just as Robin turned around it grabbed her

"Storage Unit found."

"Transferring Data."

××××

...

..

.

It was a few moments before the mechanism put Robin down I ran over.

"How is your Status?" I asked as I looked at her, scanning for the other Precursor.

"I--Don't hear him--in my head?" Robin blinked confused, She puts her Backpack down. Awing falled out however, his colors had changed and he had a red glint in his eye.

"WHO DARED TO PLACE ME IN THIS FEEBLE CREATURE." Awing shouts as they glared at us flapping their flippers in anger "I WILL DESTROY YOU ALL."

"PFFTT--AL-AN WE SHOULD HAVE DONE THIS WITh Yo-" Robin snickered.

"I would have bit your-" I started to say however Awing bites Robin's hand making her yelp loudly.

"Yeah I would have done that." I gently took her hand making sure she was okay however it was only small bites as Awing was a pup still.

"Owwwiieee." Robin whined. "Thats what you get for disobeying me Robin." I huffed softly.

"But you didn't say it yet!" Robin tried to put a small bandaids on the wounds sniffling.

"You know for someone who has been bitten by numerous creatures and knocked off a device by a worm without saying a single ow you are very very dramatic right now." I got up looking down at Robin.

"Shush Al-an it's painful!" Robin says sassily as she gets up holding Awing as he struggled, shouting numerous Precursor curses.

"What is he saying?" Robin says curiously happy.

"Something about your mom. You don't want to know." I replied as I picked up Robin and placed her on my back. "Lets leave, we can return a later day." I looked back at Robin as she nodded holding onto Awing.

"Hold on."

We started the Journey back to the Habitat.