Alone with Robin

I walked with Robin by my side searching, Her eyes sparkling at all the technology around her.

"Woah! This base is cool--Unlike the other bases this one is bigger and taller!" Robin shouts happily hearing it echo throughout the place.

"You should stay by me Robin. You might get lost." I looked over toward her. She was correct this was unlike other bases, however my memory of the place seemed to be failing.

Where was I?

I felt my arm against the wall it was all too familiar however forgettable. Robin stayed by my side as I instructed her to.

After a few seconds of wandering I heard a soft ringing.

"Al-an what if we c-can't get out." Robin pants out of breath, we have been doing nothing but walking and her rhythm of her heart picked up over the course of time, affecting her body like this...

How...inperfect the human body was.

But Robin still pushed on to gently hold onto me. Tired still.

I used my levitation metallic arm to place her on my back, her small arms wrapped around my lower chest region. I chirped in surprise by her action but looked back to see her asleep clinging onto me, I didn't want to bother her sleep so I allowed her to.

A few minutes have passed when soon I have found the exit...or entrance to another part of this strange base. I noticed there was a large door, I softly touched my metallic arm against the door as it makes a green glow and it opens, I was surprised by what lied ahead...

××××

It was home. My home.

Some of it was submerged in water while the rest was on land, there was many large landmarks and buildings all over the large area and I memorized some of the buildings I saw.

I remembered the past where many of my kind walked this area the population continously growing steadily, the fawns sharing dreams with one another as they compared their horn sizes

Home. It was now empty, and vast no longer filled with my broken memories.

I felt a deep pit of darkness in my lower chest, It was no longer the Home I knew. It was long gone. Everyone I knew was gone...even Him. I thought about the grey Precursor, he was close to me, we shared the most dreams together, sharing thoughts of new lives and ideas of bettering the place.

I watched as his body was broken apart and his mind was ripped out of him as everyone was in terror, a Precursor shoving everyone out the way with speckled green dots all over their body, forcing everyone to let them go first. Fear. Emotions. I didn't even know we had them nor did it register to me what it was. I knew it was my turn next, feeling my body deactivated for the second time was a rush I hoped to never feel again.

Alone... Nobody's thoughts but my own.

Alone... Nobody's dreams or ideas could I hear..

Alone... Slowly ceasing.

"Al-an?" A Familiar Calm sweet voice spoke knocking me out my thoughts.

"Al-an are you okay?" Robin was just starting to wake up, she looked down. "Your...shaking..." She softly held onto me, seemingly trying to calm me.

"I'm fine." I levitated her off me as I looked away. I should be fine.

There is nothing for me to fear. Nothing for me to be scared of.

"I'm here for you Al-an." Robin gently touched my arm, I looked down at her, her soft brown eyes were beautiful and mesmerizing in some strange way.

It felt warm. My body stopped shaking and the dark pit in my lower chest soon vanished.

"Promise...?" I chirped softly.

Robin nods as she looks up. "I'm here for you." Her eyes sparkled like stars in the night sky making me feel...strange.

My body had stopped shaking indeed however I couldn't move. "Robin. I require you to stay. With me." I softly said, pulling her close to me, feeling the tingles in my skin.

"Of course I will. I wouldn't leave you Al-an not on purpose." Robin smiled.

Her smile made me feel better.

I was not Alone.

Nor will I continue to be.

Now that Robin is present.