Something New (Part Two)

××××

Al-an swipes the snow out the way of the entrance, I opened my eyes a little it seemed blurry but I think I have seen these colors before...it was

"..An Alien Base.." I muttered softly before starting to feel myself drift away, I fell off Al-an's back onto the ground.

×××

Robin POV:

I slowly opened my eyes. The world around me slowly filling with color. I looked down, seemed to be some weird sort of liquid substance against my skin and wrapped up in some odd cloth, it was dark in color and felt like cloth however looked like metal. I also seemed to be on some sort of medical table but larger as if fit for a Precursor.

Al-an walks in soon dropping the items he held in surprise. "You have awoken?"

"Hey Al---" It wasn't even seconds of me trying to speak before he rushed over and placed his forehead against my own. He was extremely worried and even his colors seemed to be weird, half of them being red and half of them being green. It was like I broke him for that one moment before he turns fully red.

"Robin you had lied." He spoke in a familiar rough tone from when I first heard him at the entrance to the alien research site. 

I looked away. "I didn't want you to worry." I replied quickly as I arched back afraid since he seemed mad at me and closed my eyes.

But nothing happened

I opened my eyes, Al-an was closer as he lays his head against my chest, his lower half laying down as he did. He was flickering between red and blue.

I softly touched his head realizing he wasn't mad at me, just worried.

Al-an chirps softly as he pulls away from me.

"Al-an...What was it that..." I sighed. "You...didn't tell me what happened to that Ice Worm." I looked up towards the large alien questionably.

"...It is no longer mobile." Al-an said looking down.

"That can mean a lot of things...But what happened to it...?" I gently took Al-an's arm into my hand feeling the odd but soothing texture of his "skin"

"Hyber--"

"No!-Al-an tell me." I grabbed him gently by the sides of his face.

"You will be angry with me and show major signs of hostility." Al-an mutters as his colors change blue. "Al-an...I won't be mad at you." I stated as I press my head against his, as he always liked to do oddly enough. He perks up surprisedly staring at me.

"What?" I giggled at his actions, He turns a soft pink. "The action you did is a sign of affection for Precursors" He states as he looked down into my eyes. "Really? What does it mean then?" I asked curiously excited about learning this new imformation.

"It states that you promise to be together with them always trying to protect them." Al-an explained looking down at me and softly touching his forehead against mine. "It's called-" He said something unintelligible well in my languge at least, it must have made since in Precursor languge though. "Or translated in your languge a Ox-ri."

"An Oxri? So you mean that weird headbutt you always do has a name?" I giggle at the name.

Al-an nods as he gave me a soft Oxri to the head.

"Huh. Well now that, that is settled...can you tell me what happened with the...Ice worm-In normal words other than it's no longer Mobile." I went over beside Al-an laying down against his horse-like lower half, it was quite comfortable.

"I...accidently ruptured It's major organs." Al-an states as he looks away. "It is deceased--I am sorry I know how you enjoy the lower life forms on this planet."

"Oh Al-an...thats why you were so afraid..." I sighed, it really felt like he cared about my feelings as well as my well being. "Thank you for telling me, You don't have to worry about me getting mad over that...I am more worried about you than some stinking...worm..."

Al-an turns a bright green color as he gets up.

"Say how is your horn Al?"

××××

AL-AN POV:

I looked over towards Robin as she asked about my horn, I looked up towards my horn feeling a slight throbbing pain as we spoke of it though before it didn't really hurt.  odd.

"Al-an?" The small human looks up at me as she tilts her head.

I looked down at her. "It...has an odd uncomfortable painful feeling to it yes...however it is manageable." I softly said trying to reassure her that I was fine.

"Lets get something to patch up that horn up." Robin says as she held on gently to my Arm, her small fingers gripping on as if she was a little worried.

"Very well." I replied with a nod.