Another.

[ AL-AN's POV ] 

I walked around Robin's Seabase before then going back to her sleeping quarters. XCross has been out for quite a bit but I knew he could easily handle himself, after all, he has been seen skinning levithan-leveled organisms, I wouldn't doubt he do the same to anything else in his way. 

I could wait for him. He needed his time alone after all...right?

"Still worried about him?" Robin looked over, perking up from the bed as she placed her hands against my shoulder to be some sort of comforting mechanism. It worked for the most part.

"...I suppose it is natural for me to worry. Is it the same for you and...Sam?" I turned to her questionably as my hue changed to a curious purple.

"Yeah. I worry about her a lot, and she worries about me. Heh. Siblings am I right?" She giggled. I stared down at her warm brown eyes as I felt my worries melt away, I leaned down and gave her a "kiss" and placed my forehead against hers. "Thank you, My Robin." I softly spoke as I cupped her face in my hands. "You always make me feel better."

"Its my duty...now then...do you mind helping me ease the pain?" Robin nervously giggles flusteredly. "I literally cannot walk..."

I flashed a bright pink "R-Right. Apologies Robin...I didn't mean to get so carried away." I lifted her up gently in front of me as I started to heal her, to help her be able to walk.

"It's no worries Al...it was...fun." She said flusteredly as she then got up "Whew...all better now...Thanks Al!" Robin then smiled up at me before letting out a playful laugh.

"Indeed." I nodded before freezing up.

I felt X-Cross's presence nearby, it was easy to tell the difference between his and someone else as well.

"What. Whats wrong?" Robin looks up at me as she placed her hands on my cheeks. I shook my head. "Nothing is wrong. In fact I sense X-Cross nearby."

She smiled as she kissed my horn. "Thats really good then. See? Nothing to worry about." She giggled, her brown eyes sparkling with joy. I could feel my chest flutter as I nudged her cheek affectionately. "Indeed...thank you My Love." I spoke softly, placing her down on the bed as I felt her heart was racing with euphoria. "If you need anything just tell me, I'll be checking X-Cross's status and will be back."

"No worries here Al." Robim smiled brightly as she waved me off.

[ XCROSS'S POV ]

I huffed as I held onto the ion cube bearing a actually quite beautiful blue and purple mix palette.

"Chrome, what is this place?"

Her gentle voice echoed softly from the cube. The cube moved along to her vocal patterns.

"It's a abandoned base which has someone I know inside. I left her with the human necessities so she should be fine." I grumbled, trying to keep my colors grey to hide my emotions from pouring through.

Why was Xclise there? In that odd base...

It was like a testing lab. But...they wouldn't test on her right? She's one of us. It wouldn't make any sense.

Unless...something in her biology changed the way the Kharaa affected her...

I hissed lowly but then I heard a soft chirp from the cube. "...pain...why are you in pain...?"

I froze up, staring at the cube. We weren't in a mind link with eachother nor should she know emotions...then how did she know what I felt?

I started to remember that damn so called Doctor. He knew something. Something about her.

Was it because she was an offspring...?

I shook my head. Nothing is wrong with her.

It's impossible. If anything like that could happened it would have been in our networks.

Right?

"...No. I'm fine, don't worry." I softly said as I gently caressed the ion cube, preparing to head in but before I could I felt another's presence.

Al-an's.

"X-Cross." The familiar green glowing peeper walked over, stomping the snow off of his hooves. "I was...--I'm glad to see you have returned." He quickly tried to change his wording, but I already knew what he was going to say.

It was wrong to storm off like that.

"I know. You were worried about me huh? Same old peeper." I chuckled as I slapped his back. "I'm totally fine. See. Jeez, worrywart." I sneered as I looked down at him.

Al-an seemed to sigh with relief. "Right--Also please refrain...I'm very tired especially in the back."

Tired? How? Didn't he drink a bunch of coffee n' shit. Don't make no sense.

"...Wait what?" I confusedly tilted my head, continuing to hide Xclise behind my back, thankfully she knew what I was trying to do.

"I--...--Well...I moved...--I was moving large...objects--" Al-an quickly said as his colors flashed a very bright pink.

"...You could have easily used your levitation or telekinesis...Damn I left for like a few hours and this is what happens? Remind me never to take small outings." I laughed as I patted his head with one of my robotic arms in which he then used his own to push away me from his head. "Please refrain from contact there...anyhow. I should be getting back. Robin might need me and I told her I was returning soon...will you be joining me?" Al questioned as his colors changed to a very curious purple.

"Perhaps later, I need to do a bit of stuff here." I responded, waving my robotic arms around as humans did when they spoke. Al looked confusedly at my arms before slowly nodding. "Right. I'll be off then." He turned before waving and dashing off.

"Finally..." I heavily sighed, relieved he didn't see the cube, I made sure to try and hide her from being sensed with my powers. 

"How come I couldn't speak to Allie? Are you going to tell him about me?"

Xclise questioned, confused and curious, as usual.

"I will...but I need to...find the time. I cannot just tell him now, It's not exactly the kind of news to tell out of the blue you know?" I stated, holding her closer to me.

"I see...very well...I guess I'll have to wait. In the meantime...I do need to hybernate."

She started to dim in colors. "Alright then." I responded as I caressed her, until her color faded as she was hybernating.

"Now then..." I placed her in my inventory before then opening up the door.

"...Quartz?" I looked around, before then noticing a bright red haired female staying nearby a fire as she was making roasted marshmellows. Thank goodness for that camping book, now I know what humans eat when in the wilderness.

She turned towards me with a wide smile. "Cross." She got up, running over and glomping me into a hug, her eyes were all sparkly and such. She seemed extremely hyper.

"Yep...its me." I muttered as I gently pulled her off of me with telekinsis. "So then. You full? I'm sure those weird crackers made a great meal." I leaned down, making sure she was alright.

"Mhm--Thank you. They were really tasty!" She nodded cheerfully, her beautiful eyes sparkled with joy which made me feel odd...and strangly tingly.

"Yeah yeah...No need to thank me." I Knelt down, leaning close to provide the mortal warmth.

Quartz stared up at me with a smile "But I truely want to. Thank you." She spoke up with a smile.

I stared down at her as I felt so oddly mushy, it was disgusting.

But...I didn't mind it as much.

"You're welcome."