Feeling Grey (Pt 3)

Author's Note:
(Sorry about the slow update! I've been sick for a bit and I recently just recovered. Hope I didn't make you guys wait too long ; w ; 💕💝)

Warning: [ NSFW reference / X-Cross angst ]

[AL-AN POV]

Robin stared at me after I finished my story. "I didn't know you two could get in that bad of fights. You two are like...so close!" She said as she hugged Awing close to her body. Awing squeaked out alongside of her and twisted around quite a bit.

"We were still close. But...sometimes we tended to fight when agitated. Especially when it has to do with someone XCross or I care about dearly." I spoke as I turnt my head away, it was painful to remember the moments that had happened in the past but I felt much better with Robin around. She was becoming more of a comfort and stress reliever.

"I see...Lets just say...X-Cross got mad at me...does that mean, he's...agitated or stressed?" Robin questioned as she perks up, her warm brown eyes trying to hide her worry about X-Cross.

I nodded softly. "Though I have a feeling thats not just a question. X-Cross does tend to lash out when anxious...it makes him much more aggressive and unstable...hopefully he isn't doing anything...harmful." I was a little worried about Cross. These past few days he has been getting a little on edge. Was it because these past few days was nearing the date he was sentenced to Vthorn?

I felt a soft hand on my side as I looked over to see Robin, trying to calm me. "You're...turning blue." She softly said as she pointed at my coloring. "Are you worried about him? You know he's very tough right?"

"I know. But...he's still...what do you call it..." I tapped my chin, trying to remember the word/term that Robin sometimes used. "Family?...Yeah...I do get it." Robin hopped up on my back to give me a soft kiss on the head. "He needs some time to himself though...its...fairly obvious."

I flickered a soft pink in color from the warm peck given to me. "...Very well. If you believe this is the best course of action." I softly chirped as I nuzzled her cheek. She giggled with delight as she gave me a bunch more kisses. "You know just how to make me laugh." Robin giggled as she slid her finger against my horns. I softly scoffed, trying to hide my deep pink coloring. "I'm trying to be professional here, My Dear Robin." I softly spoke as I looked back at her, my hands playing in her hair. "Aw come on you can spare a little proffessional for me~ plus nobody's here." Robin teased as she gently boops my cheek. I sighed as I then turned a deeper pink in shade. "Very well then. If you wish to be so...improper...I wish to learn more about your type of breeding." I looked down at her as her cheeks turned red.
She looked over towards the door as I then used my telekinesis to shut it. "How vulnerable you humans are. It's rather cute." I chuckled as I knelt down beside Robin giving her a kiss which then Robin gave one in return.

[X-CROSS POV]

"I'll be back. Stay here." I spoke to the red headed female as I finished fixing up her wounds and scratches from the Stalker. She looked up at me with worry. "But I want to come with. I promise I won't bring anymore trouble."

"I know you won't but...I can't allow you to be more harmed than you already are, especially with a blizzard going on." I touched her cheek gently with a sigh. "I will return."

I heavily sighed as I trudged on outside. I had left Quartz in a place I'd knew she'd be safe at and the two wouldn't find her.

I couldn't let her follow along with me back in the frigid cold, she was healing after all.

After hours of walking I wondered and thought to myself

Why was I even coming here? What was my purpose in such? I argued with myself as I stared out at the blizzard. I guess...I wanted to be alone?

But I knew internally why I was here and where I was headed.

I let my grey color fade away to let my true feelings show. My glow was now an Inky black, the only dark thing in the snow and heavy blizzard. I trudged farther as I looked around, searching more and more. Why was I looking for her? It was like a pull to me, searching for her. She was my pack after all, and the only memory of my caretakers.

And I lost her. All because I couldn't control myself.

I laid down on the ground as I felt the cold brush against my skin. Why did I keep doing this?

I was so childish. Never growing from that memory, never healing.

Even Al-an had grown, forgetting the pain of the past. Why couldn't I?

It wasn't fair. Not in the least. I heavily sighed as I laid my head against the snow. I was tired. Tired of this, tired of everything.

I just wanted to bundle up with my pack, in the middle with Xclise and Al-an as both V-Thorn and Eia-ve took us into their arms.

I didn't care if Thorn would lecture me about my temper and such.

I just wanted them back.

...was that what I was missing?

Feeling Loved?

Here I was thinking that was just a feeble mortal feeling they used. But...

I slammed my fist into the ground. "FUCK!" I snarled with disgust. "Why? I'm suppose to be the strong one! Why am I cursed like this?"

I heard an unfamiliar voice then, it was gentle. Small. Feminine and sounding similar to a trickle of rain when she spoke.

"Chrome...?"

I froze as I looked around. "Xclise...?"