Malfunctioning

Was I...Malfunctioning?

I jerked myself out the water, shaking it all off as I held my head with a low groan of pain, feeling a loud ringing across my body.

I felt the water pull me, every part of my body seemed to be either overheating or losing in heat. My glow was the only thing that kept me from going into forced hibernation as I could feel and see from the blurriness of my vision which seemed to go in and out of focus, the color of scarlet red blood seeping into my area of sight.

"Damn..." I snarled under my breath, trying to stay in control of my body as it seemed to be pulling me even more towards the water, but why? I liked being on land more than water. My colors flashed a bright white before then being forced back to gray as I took control. I dug my hooves into the ground as I lowered my body, trying to fix the temperature by doing so the airflow was more colder when I lowered my body, making the parts that were overheating feel much better; Even if it was still in the overheating process.

The steam started to raise off my body and spikes as my colors turned a lighter ghostly blue, as such when I was a fawn. The cold icy waters starting to seem like a not so bad idea. Especially at night. To feel the cold darkness of the water, just the thought of it made me feel safe.

I gazed over at the water as the light from the ceiling danced around the ripples and curves of the water as I could feel my body slowly calming down the more I watched the watery entrance of the moonpool.

I stared for a while before then dipping my legs slowly into the water, feeling the cold water rush between my hooves and up to my knees. I felt myself vibrate with almost joy as I tried to silence a purr from coming from my neck by clearing my throat.

"..I feel like this is a bad idea." I muttered to myself.

My tail perked up along with the spikes along my back. My colors immediately turned a bright green before I then dived off into the water.

As soon as I did though, I felt myself lose control.

Everything turning red as my vision disappeared along with my mind.

...

..

.

My vision finally went back to normal as I looked around. Where was I...?

It was dark all around, until I noticed the blue ghastly glowing creatures practically flying through the water as they aggresively killed anything nearby.

"...Ghost Leviathans...but...I thought they vanished...?" I muttered, watching them, for some odd reason when I watched them, I felt calmer. They didn't seem to show any aggression towards me in the least. I almost wanted to swim alongside them and just watch them move. My body started to rapidly adjust to the water as I could see more in the dark, my illumanting glow slowly fading to the waters color and then back to the ghastly blue shade.

One of the Ghosts turned towards me, staring before swimming over.

I felt as if it was going to try and attack me as I shouted. "--FUCK--" I then swam up, to higher waters, and I kept swimming, up until I hit the surface. I felt my body adjust to the upper waters as my ghastly glow disappeared.

Was this due to my easily adapting ability? Or my malfunction?

My mind pondered, I shooed the thoughts away. "No FUCK that I'm not thinking about this! Not TODAY fucker" I growled before hitting myself on the head. "Shut the fuck up inner voice!" I hissed before then I heavily sighed, heading back to my base as my body tracked where the moonpool was.

I raised myself up from the moonpool as I noticed some flesh stuck to my horns and a random peeper I impaled. I ripped it off. "Sorry Al." I said to it with a chuckle, chucking it into the water as I rinsed off the flesh pieces. Seems I did a lot of slaughtering.

I then heard a small soft voice. "...Cross...?" The red haired girl stared over at me with worry in her beautiful red crystal eyes, her fingers twiddling against each other in worry. I froze as I gazed over at her. Quartz. I left her without warning... I felt like a large pit entered my stomach as I went over to her. "--Quartz...---I..." I paused, turning my head away as I struggled with saying apologies well, I barely even knew what to say but she simply smiled. "It's okay, I understand." She softly says as she moved her hand over towards me. Feeling worried about my Malfunctions recently; I flinched back, staring at her hand as I turned a deep worried blue hue, Even if she didn't know what was happening she still seemed to understand me as she softly giggled. "It's okay..." She whispered, gently touching my leg. Both of us going more inside of my base. 

I stared down at the red head, turning a soft pink hue as I knelt down nearby her. I couldn't deal with this secret anymore, I didn't want to harm her, emotionally or not. It would probably better for me to finally talk to the others about her.  "...Quartz. I'm not going to leave you alone anymore... Tomorrow we'll go out swimming, I'll give you a swimsuit alright?" I stared over at her as she smiled happily. "Alright!" She cheerfully says, giving me a hug as she snuggled up more to my chest.

I felt an odd...feeling deep within. It was warm...fuzzy and fluttery. I moved my hand over as I gently caressed the back of her head, before moving my head over to hers until they touched.

Her feelings flooding into me as mines flooded into hers. 

I had entered a Oxri with a mortal...