Coffee.

I slowly started to look around, leaving hibernation and doing a slight stretch, My Robotic arms had now turned into cubes again piled in the corner however I decided not to put them on at the moment.

I moved my head soon noticing the Pengwing sleeping in my lap nestled, and Robins blanket, Odd how she rather used me as a bed than an actual material better used for the function.

I picked up "Awing" I suppose I'll call him since it's weird saying my own "name" after I have gotten so use to it.

Awing would shuffle their flippers and twitch softly snoring. After putting Awing in a better place, I took Robin's blanket and started to fold it putting it onto a nearby table.

Soon after exploring Robin's habitat, I finally found her, sitting on a chair and sipping what seemed to be...some form of "food"? As Food is usually what she puts in her mouth. I moved over curious by her actions.

"Hey Alan." She smiles up and puts her coffee down.

"Which..." I looked around for the pengwing.

"You Silly can't you read my mind?" She giggles.

"I can but you told me not to invade your private thoughts." I kneeled down staring at the drink before laying my lower half on the ground.

"Hmm..? Are...you wondering what this is?" Robin stared at me confusedly.

I turned a soft green color and nodded.

"This is Coffee."

I stared for a while. Was it...alive? It seemed to be moving like the seas however it was a different color and had a specific name, it seemed to also be hot however not evaporating.

"What...is It's primary function?" I asked, curious of this "Coffee".

"Well you drink it and it's delicious and it keeps you up longer." She replied looking at Coffee then staring at me "Want some?"

"I'm not sure I can preform the same functions of your Oral Cavity, however I suppose I can try with...other means nessesary." The cubes that were nestled in the corner moved over and became my arms again as I levitated the cup and so called "drank" it, in my own way.  Scanning "Coffee" and it and using the liquid to make it disappear as well as using it in the way of how Robin would.

It. Was. Extravagant. The mixture of minerals from another world in the form of some sort of fuel that tickled the feelings inside of me in a way which made me felt pure, it was coursing through my vessel. Was this "Delicious"...?

I flickered green and pink. "More!"

"A-Alan I'm not sure I'm suppose to be FEEDING an Alien this--I mean you're...a bit jumpy now...and...weeeiredddd...." She looks at me up and down.

I dashed over to look for more "coffee".

"aLAN NO--" She quickly shut the cabinet with Coffee's parts.

"Alan. Yes." I replied.

"Oh great. I got a Alien addicted to Coffee." Robin mutters seemingly completely mortified. But I needed COFFEE.

Robin dashes away but as soon as I went to open the cabinet all the coffee was gone, I turned around seeing Robin out the corner of my eye quickly put coffee's beans into her fluffy outfit. I just now realized she was wearing a new suit. But now is not the time. Coffee.

"Robbiinnn..." I stared at her turning a pink color.

"Nope sorry buddy but this is for your own good!" She puts it in a safe. With a code.

I turned a shade of blue.

"...I-Alan?" She walks over never seeing the shade on me.

"..." I stayed silent.

"Alan, are you pouting?" She asks placing her hand on mine. "I hope you know I will give you the coffee later however not right now."

I lit up green and placed my head against hers gently.

"Heh you happy now?" Robin placed her hands against my face making me feel a little tingly inside, however different from before with the coffee.

I laid down on the ground and kept my head close to hers.

"Alan-I know this is a sign of your gratitude-but this is a little close-" Robin whispers, changing a different shade...?

"Humans change color?" I question as my curiosity got the best of me and I grabbed her up now rubbing my face against her cheek to see if she'd change a different color. However she only became a deeper red.

"A-Alan!--stop-" She gently pushes my head away.

I felt confused. "Apologies...I was just curious of your color's function." I muttered putting her down.

"It's fine...if you want to know you could have asked you know." Robin seemed to be trying to rub the color away.

"I can ask about human custom?" I tilted my head at her, turning a shade of purple.

"Of course you can, I'm your friend." Robin replies before suddenly running over and placing her arms around me in a way.

"..What...is this then...?"  I asked curiously.

"A Hug." She continues to "hug" me.

"I enjoy this hug." I muttered trying to hug her back, wrapping my arms around her while trying not to crush her.

Robin looks up at me and places her head on mine.

"Are you thanking me?" I chuckle looking at her.

"Yeah, I'm thanking you for being here...without you I really would be alone, but now I feel like I have a friend to protect me." She smiled.

"I will Protect you then. Robin Goodall." I turned a lighter shade of blue unlike before which was a darker blue. This shade meant protection.

"And I will teach you about humans I guess." She laughs a bit. "And feed you Alan."

"Feed me?" I blink confused, then saw Awing behind us.

"...Why must you do this?" I stare at her.

"Because your look is hilarious!" She laughs.

"Hybernati-"

"Wait." She took my arm

"Hm...?" I paused looking at her.

"Do you want to help me feed them?" She says excitedly. It was hard. Harder than getting a Sea Emperor to talk. To say no when she looked like this.

"...Yes..."

You are a higher species than her. Smarter than her. WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS??

I was internally arguing with myself.

"Yay!" She looked so happy as she was teaching me how to feed a pengwing. Which I already knew how...but one thing that my mind didn't argue with, it was how peaceful it was around Robin.

"Ow." Robin accidently cut herself while trying to chop the fish.

"You alright Robin?" I asked looking at her wound.

"Yep just a small cut! Nothing to it." Robin giggles.

Third Person POV

As Alan and Robin were trying to feed the Pengwing there was a creature nearby smelling the blood, and pulsating through the water with its gigantic body and its large mouth similar to that of a squid.