When life gives you lemons

2002

Nobody's pov :

Y/n sat at her desk reading a book when a light knock was heard at the door.
She quickly got up and opened the door to see no one there. She closed it and heard the familiar whoosh sound behind her.
"You could of just used the door ya know?"
She said with a giggle

"Yeah but this ways more fun"
Five lied down on Y/n's bed and looked up at the ceiling.
" What are you doing?"
She asked sitting next to him.
"Thinking"
He replied while siting up.
"Hey um Y/n?"
"Yeah?"

"Can I tell you something?"
"Of course"
"Ok but can I trust you?"
"Yeah that's what best friends are for"
She replied with a smile.

That hurt him because little did she know, he have had a crush on her for almost 3 years and he might have even been in love with her.

"Okay"
He replied snapping out of his thoughts,
" I'll just skip straight to the point and say it"
"Say what?"
"I wanna time travel"
He replied quickly.

"Really?"
"Yes I mean I've been practicing my jumps like dad said and I think im ready"
"Well I believe in you"
Five felt his cheeks heat up slightly by her words.
"But.."
"But what?"
He asked slightly worried she didn't want him to time travel.

"If you time travel, you have to bring me with you"
"Really?, you wanna come with me?"
She nodded her head.
"Mhmm"

Just than the breakfast bell rang throughout the house.

✳✳✳✳✳✳✳

Everyone stood behind their chairs waiting patiently for their father to come.
Once he came in the room he sat in his chair and with a very bold voice spoke.
"Sit"

Everyone took their seats at the table.
Allison and Luther stared at each other with puppy love eyes and quietly ate their food.
Klaus rolled a joint under the table while eating his meal.
Diego carved something into the arm of his chair using one of his many knifes.
Vanya sat quietly and ate while Ben read a book.

Five on the other hand was eying dad intensively while fiddling with a butter knife.
Y/n also watched her dad, but couldn't help but glance at Five occasionally considering she had a huge crush on him for the longest time and all they were is best friends.

Five glanced at Y/n with a look that asked her if now was the right time.
She nodded slightly, she was excited for Five to finally time travel but nervous as to how the scene might play out.

All was quite until a loud crashing sound caused everyone to look up at Five who had now stuck a knife into the wood of the table.

"Number 5?"
Dad asked slightly looking away from his meal.
"I have a question"
This was it, it had to be now or never and nobody would be able to predict what would happen.

"Knowledge is an admirable goal but you know the rules, no talking during meal time, your interrupting Herr Carlson"
Father spoke swirling his knife in the air while doing so.

Five roughly shoved his plate in front of him and continued to talk.
"I want to time travel"
He spoke blankly.
Dad simply responded with "No"
"But im ready, I've been practicing my spacial jumps like you said"
He jumps next to his chair to prove a point.
"See?"
Five put his arms out to the side.

"A spacial jump is contribute to the unknowns of time travel, one is simply sliding along the ice, and the other is to descending into the depts of freezing water and reappearing as an acorn"

"I don't get it"
Five responds quietly but still upset.
"Hence the reason your not ready"
"Im not afraid"
Five hisses clearly getting more upset.
"Fear is not the issue but the affects it will have on your body not to mention your mind are far to unpredictable, now I forbid you to talk about this any more"
Father says angrily while putting his utensils on his plate.

Five looks at Y/n and she immediately stands up.
And before she knows it their both running out the door.
In the distance they hear a faint "Number 5 Number 8 you haven't been excused"

I would play the song at the top now

Your pov:

We both shoved our way the thru the gate and began walking the the street.
"You sure you wanna come with me?"
"Positive"
I smile.
He grabs my hand.
"Hold on"
He smiles and before we knew it they were in a different.
"Holly wow you did it Five!"
I give him a big hug before taking his hand again.

Now it was snowing all around us and I stared in aw.
We began to jog slightly before spacial jumping one last time.

My jaw dropped at the sight before me. There was fire everywhere and all the surrounding buildings had broken down. I grip Fives hand tighter before realizing something.

"The academy" I gasp Five nods and we both run as fast as we can to our home.
We stop in our tracks and look at what was left of the academy.
The gates with the umbrella symbol that led to the house were bent and burned, and the house itself was rubble, it was all gone.

"Vanya!"
I called out to my other best friend hoping to hear a response, but got none.

"Ben!"
Five called out afterwards.
"Klaus!"
I yelled, tears already streaming down my face.
"Dad!"
We both said in unison hoping someone would answer, but no one did.

Everything was gone, I look over to see a tear slip down Fives face as he drops to his knees.
It broke my heart to see him sad so I quickly went beside him and hugged him.

He had tried to get us home but his powers wouldn't work, we were stuck here. He cried into my chest as I cried into his back, we had both just lost everything.
But we still had each other and I had to always remind my self

'When life gives you lemons try your best to make lemonade'
And I did.