Losing And Gaining

Five's pov:

Losing Someone

The world seems to stand still when you are told. That feeling you have never felt before, of total sadness. You feel faint and dazed as if you are falling or dreaming. You were told this was going to happen, but you could never be prepared for it. You don't know what to say, you are totally speechless. You burn up, feel dizzy but no tears will come. You have to get out of there, to escape, runaway anything to make this feeling fade. You just don't want to believe it had happened after everything. Part of you wants to cry your heart out and the other part wants to hit something with the anger thats raging inside you.
In my case, it was ten times worse, not only had I lost someone. I had lost everyone.

Losing a loved one is like having the rug swept from under you. We make plans for the day, and do not think twice about how those plans can be taken away in the blink of an eye. I never thought much about it myself, until I was faced with the shock, and undeniable truth of my family's deaths. I do not think anyone really thinks about tragedy until they are actually faced with shocking news. It is amazing how we take life for granted. The tragedy never goes away. You just learn how to cope with it and keep moving on.

I felt as if I was paralyzed, I felt that if I moved it would be real. I just had this blank look on my face. I had no reaction at first and I wanted to deny it, all of it. I kept saying to myself, no it is a lie, they made a mistake. To my complete horror I was wrong.

You never think that the day one of your loved ones will pass away can come as quickly as it does. It is also difficult to explain what it means when a loved one passes away. Always remember to never take a loved one for granted. But also, never forget to let them know that you love them no matter what your current feelings are. Never be afraid to tell your loved ones how you feel that also do not forget to let them know that you do love them even if they get upset with you.

That's part of what hurts the most, most of my life I pushed away my family. The only people I really talked to were Y/n and Vanya, I hadn't cared. And you never know how important something is until it's taken away from you, until it's no longer there.

Losing someone you love can be hard. But what does it mean to lose someone you love. Most people think death, but knowing that someone is leaving your life,and not knowing when they will return if they ever do.

But in the end what I lack the most is acceptance, I know that they are gone, I see it, I feel it. But yet I won't believe it. I can't believe it. There had to be something I can do, something to bring them back, change the outcomes of time.

I was so lost in my sea of thoughts that I hadn't even noticed the Handler walk over to me,
"Oh, good. You're still alive, lucky you. You got to see how this all played out."
She raises her gun at me and I prepare myself for what I presume to be a bullet to the head.

But when gunshots are heard, I look up to see that the Handler had been shot. She gasps in shock before turning around to see Axel, the last living Swede, gun in hand. He shoots her again and she collapses to the floor, dead.

Axel then walks over to me and points his gun, ready to put me out of my misery, If I'm going to make it out of this I would need to think of something quickly.

And than it hit me, I recall the past conversations I had dealt with about time travel.

'This doesn't have to be the end, we use my ability to time travel'
My own voice echoes through my head, remembering the apocalypse of 2019.

'You're the genius who said we should jump right? You're the one who got us stuck here'
I then hear Luthers voice, It was from when I told him about the next upcoming apocalypse in 1963.

'Maybe your apatite is disproportionate to the size of your abilities. Start small, seconds, not decades'
I then hear my fathers words bouncing of my head, I relive all my past memories involving time travel.

That was it, this was how I save everyone, I'll go back in time!.

I lift up my fists and I use every last ounce of energy I have left, I watch Axel lower his gun and walk backwards, everything is rewinding. I see the Handler rise up from the ground and aim her gun at me once again before walking backwards.

I see Lila come up from the floor and stand in-front of the Handler as I rise to my feet, energy radiating of of me as I do so.

I than run over to the barn door in what feels like slow motion, as I run I see my family all come up from the ground and back to their feet. As I make it to the barn door time resumes and I look around the room to see that everyone was alive and had no idea what had happened.

"I know that we can be your family, if you just let us"
I hear Diego tell Lila for a second time, but my attention is focused on the door. The moment the Handler steps inside with her gun, I rip it out of her grasp earning a gasp of shock from the sociopathic woman.

I point the gun at her and she raises her hands in defeat,
"It's true isn't it? What Five said, Answer me! Is it true?"
Lila demands her 'mother' for an answer.

"Well-"
Handler begins to speak but is cut off when Axel appears and shoots her, I then watch as once again, she falls to the ground, lifeless.

It's silent for a moment before Lila begins to run at the briefcase which had been on the floor,
"The case!"
Luther yells before beginning to run after her.

"No!"
Diego shouts, tackling Luther to the ground. Lila gives everyone one last glance before disappearing with the briefcase.

I honestly hadn't cared much for the fact that we lost the briefcase, all that mattered is that I had saved everyone. I had saved Y/n.

A/n:

This is the first chapter when Y/n doesn't have a pov included.

Today's question:
Do you have any pets?

I have a pet tortoise named Shelly, Four cats named, Maximus, Goose, Jack, Billy. Three dogs named, Mika, Rumplestiltskin, Elsa. And some fish.

Have a great day!