Till Death Do Us Part

Warnings: Fluff and Angst (A lot of it) Mentions of self harm

Y/m/n (Your middle name) (If you don't have one than make one up)

I am seriously freaking out right now, I was just notified that my book can go into the Watty's!!

I am unsure if I should enter it or not, I highly doubt that it would win, but I could always try, who knows.

Just kidding, I already entered, there's no going back now.

How do you all like the new cover? I feel like it looks a lot more realistic than the last one in my opinion.

Also I put my book is complete, it is not complete, at least not yet. I did that because in order to enter the Watty's, The book has to be marked as complete.

Thanks for over 60k reads!!! Never thought that I would get this far, I love all of you 3000.

2024

Your Pov:
(Five and Y/n are 18 by the way)

As I walk down the worn out road I feel a slight drop of water hit the tip of my nose, followed by another, and then hundreds more afterwards. Perfect, it's raining. I have no bad thoughts when it comes to rain, but the overall presence of the weather hadn't really started to bother me until just a few months ago. Every time it rains I feel it, I feel what I did to myself.

I stop in my tracks and sit down the handle of the wagon, taking a deep breath I roll up my sleeves.

My arms are covered in straight small scars from my wrist all the way up to the crook of my elbow, they have been scars inflicted by pain. Inflicted by loss, I never thought that self harm would come to mind, but my head was overrun with the thought, the thought that perhaps it would distract me from what was really happening.

It hadn't, it never would have.

But in the same way, I consider myself lucky. Lucky that I had been caught before I had gone to far, caught by my boyfriend. He helped me to see that what I had been doing wasn't the way, and that it never would be the way.

I'm glad that I've been told that, I no longer harm myself. Though it doesn't mean the thought hasn't crossed my mind once or twice.

But on the bright side, this isn't the only thing I think about when it rains. My power consists of spark, hence the nickname Sparky. I love lightning, everything about it brings a smile to my face, no point in denying it, it's my favorite weather.

After a few moments of being lost in my train of thought, I inhale a large cloud of smoke, sending myself into a fit of coughs.

I reach down into the wagon and pulled up a piece of fabric, I then tied it around my mouth in attempt to prevent breathing in anymore smoke.

Finally realizing that I have come out here for supplies, not a self pity party, I walked back over to the wagon.

With a heavy sigh I roll back down my sleeves and pick up the handle of the wagon off the floor, continuing to scavenge for anything that may be useful.

After walking for what seemed like an eternity, I had managed to find some clothes, along with a few cans of corn and peas. Thank God for canned food, without it both Five and I would be dead now.

I put the cans and the clothes in the wagon and I turn back around to head back to Five, when I finally got back I noticed he was awake, yet his mind was somewhere else.

Five's Pov:

This was it, the moment I've been waiting for since I was six years old, the moment I've dreamed of happening, it's happening.