A Ineffectual Hero

Your pov:

Everyone has their thoughts on life, some have been lead to believe that it's all just a simple matter of pure refined positivity and redemption. Well those who think that, are wrong.

What does one do when dealing with the loss of another?
For some people they find it best to put themselves in a constant state of denial,
Others find expressing what happened to be more comforting.

But for me, it's an entirely different story. Years ago before I was introduced to the cruelty that earth has to offer, I dealt with the loss of my family by crying myself to sleep and doing my best to remember the better moments in life.

Now, all that's left is anger.
Anger at the world, anger at the Handler, anger at the apocalypse.
But most of all, anger at myself.

I failed, I have failed to do the one thing that I had promised myself.
Protect my family at all costs.

That was one of my main reasons for attempting to save the abomination of what we call 'Earth'. I personally wouldn't mind if the population were to be wiped out, the world is a cruel place anyway.

But my family just so happens to be permanent residents on earth so I don't really got much of a choice in saving them all.

I would be lying if I were to tell you that I was mentally sane, because I know that im not.

It could have possibly been for my daily electrocution sessions with father but overall, im not as cheery and optimistic as I once was.
And as far as im concerned.

Were all gonna die.

Five still has high hopes of saving everyone, and his constant need to be a hero does lift my spirits quite a bit.

I take one last glance at my sister before my eyes jolt open.

It appears that while I was unconscious I had been leaned against the fence, presumably by Luther because my Five can't even lift his own weight do to how small he is and I don't believe that either of our older selves would have the common courtesy to do so.
So that leaves captain secrete, also known as my ape of a brother.

"Im sorry buddy"
I hear Luther say in a almost guilty sounding tone of voice and I turn my head to see him pointing a gun at my husband.

I immediately jumped to my feet and prepared to prevent my husband from being shot in between the eyes by his own brother.

Like that sounds normal to say out loud, because it definitely isn't.

But before I could do anything, Luther swings the gun and knocks older Five unconscious. That was an unexpected plot twist, but then again it's a lot better than having to kill your own brother.

My older self begins to run at Five an Luther but I snap my fingers and she falls to the ground.

"Sleep well princess"
I tell her and both Five and Luther snap their heads in my direction.

Five was by my side in a second, bombarding me with many questions concerning my safety. But when it came down to summing up the overall conversation it was mainly consisted of, 'Are you okay?' 'I was worried'.

I assured him I was fine and shut him up by kissing him, he calmed down slightly, key word being 'slightly' "

When it comes to my safety, Five is a literal train wreck, he had told me that if I were to die he would kill everyone within a hundred mile radius, or just the entire state of Texas.

I don't blame him though, if he were the one to die I would probably kill a whole continent.
Genocide has never been a problem in my eyes.

"Quick! Open the portal!"
Luther shouts at us,
"Right"
Five mumbles and I take his hand.

We both begin to open the portal back to 2019, I look at the portal to reveal the same scene we had seen 14 days ago.

Our older selves slowly regan consciousness and begin to get up off the floor.
"Don't even think about it"
Luther states pointing the gun at them.

"Into the vortex you go asshole!"
Five shouts at his older self as I look over to older me.
"You also shaqueera"
I tell her.

"Fine!"
Older Five hollers back as he gets to his feet,
"But give us the math so we don't end up looking like Tiger beat over here"
He continues.

"Stand next to the vortex and we'll tell ya"
I exclaim calmly.
"Go!"
Five shouts, not so calmly and our older selves walk up infront of the vortex.

"Closer!"
Five tells them,
"This is close enough!"
My older self claims,
"Now give it to us"
She states and Five, Luther, and I share a look.

Luther nods and Five turns to look at our older selves,
"It was a typo"
Five tells them.

"Typo?"
Older Five questions,
"We put the decimal in the wrong spot in our proof of the existence of a bound for the number of limit cycles a planar polynomials vexter fields of fixed degree"
Five explains and Luther looks at him like he's insane.

"We wrote down five-point-seven, it should be-"
I start,
"Zero point-five-seven"
All four of us answer simultaneously.

"Son of a bitch, I knew that didn't look right"
My elder self exclaims exasperatedly.
"All right, I guess this is it"
Older Five breaths out.

"This is it, go"
Five tells him as he fixes his blazer.

Just as we finally thought we won, Klaus happens.
His past self tosses a fire extinguisher through the vortex, hitting Luther right in the head and knocking him out cold.

Older Five takes that as an opportunity and runs towards the briefcase,
"No!"
Five shouts as him and his older self both try and grab the briefcase.

"Five! It's shrinking!"
Luther shouts, pointing at the vortex witch was gradually getting smaller.
Luther kicks older Five into the vortex and my older self falls in with him.

"We did it!"
Luther states excitedly, Five and I both sigh and walk away from him.
"The briefcase you idiot"
Five tells Luther and Luther looks down to see the briefcase which was now split in half.

Well there goes our only way home, now were definitely going to die.

A/n:

Minni dictionary:

Ineffectual: (of a person) lacking the ability or qualities to cope with a role or situation.

Redemption: the action of saving or being saved from sin, error, or evil.

Simultaneously: at the same time

Abomination: a thing that causes disgust or hatred.

Exasperatedly: in a way that shows you are annoyed, especially because you can do nothing to solve a problem

Refined: with impurities or unwanted elements having been removed by processing.

Today's question:
Who is the smartest person in your family?

Probably my step dad.

Have a great day!