The End, Or Is It?

Tell me you consistently procrastinate without telling me you consistently procrastinate, I'll go first. I was supposed to update this two days ago, and here we are.
Also btw there is a little angst in this chapter so be prepared.

2024
Your Pov:

As I open my eyes I'm met with my every day site, Tally's. Over 1826 tally's to be precise. It has now been over five years since Five and I became stuck in the harsh reality of the world, In the apocalypse.

I came up with the idea of tallying Five and I's time here, Not that it has done much. Each tally was for one day, and each day, my hope in humanity slips slightly more. I've done everything in my will to remain optimistic, positive that one day we will get out of here and put an end to all of this. But so far my optimism has gotten us nowhere, nowhere but barely surviving, I am beginning to lose hope in us getting home. I'm beginning to believe that it won't ever happen, ever.

As I sit up I look over to my left to see my boyfriend still sleeping, I would say that he was sleeping peacefully but then I would be lying. Five hasn't slept very well ever since we got here, he's been too worried, too stressed.

It's a rare occasion that he sleeps through the whole night, so it certainly brightened my mood to see that he hadn't woken up yet, he needs to sleep, for the sake of his health.

I don't know what time it is, but I do know is that it's too early to have been awake at this hour. The sky was dark and the air was cold. I carefully stand and pick up the worn out piece of white chalk, adding another tally to the nearly 2000 that were already present on the wall.

My whole life I've always been the one that people look up to, that people went to. When any of my siblings had a problem they would come to me for advice, but as time passes, I'm losing advice to give. I'm unable to help others if I can't even help myself, it's like I don't even know who I am anymore, it's certainly not who I used to be, that's one thing I know for sure.

I walk over to the corner and pick up the small maroon backpack that I used to carry items I scavenged from the remains of the apocalypse, I swing it over my shoulders and walk over to grab a piece of paper. After finding one, I leave a note for Five, claiming that I had went out for materials.

It's Not very likely that he were to even wake up before I return, but I had to write the note just in case. If he were to wake up and I weren't by his side,Without any reason for my absence. Five would have a panic attack, so it's better to play it safe.

I leave our makeshift home and venture out into the world, or at least what's left of it. I had taken Mjolnir with me just in case, though I haven't found any real reason for needing the hammer, I have a special attachment to it. Therefore I take it everywhere with me, I never know when it would eventually come in handy.

When I really think about it, I don't worry much about my own personal health. And to this day I'm still unsure as to whether or not that's a bad thing, my mental health is scrambled and scratched, like a cave of everlasting darkness, a maze of fear and hurt. And somewhere in the middle of all of it, my happiness lies, completely oblivious to the darkness surrounding it, the darkness that slowly consumes it and eats away at it until it's nothing left but an idea.

Pain can hurt a person, but loss, can kill them.

Present day
Your Pov:

"The Handler stole you Lila, Just like our asshole father took all of us"
Diego tells Lila, as he and the rest of the Academy approach us.
" no. It's not the same thing"
Lila try's to defend.

"You're right, because he didn't have our parents murdered"
Diego states calmly as Lila points a small knife at him in attempt to prevent him from coming any farther.

"Listen to me, Lila. You were born October 1, 1989, the same day as all of us"
Diego try's to reason but it only ends up with Lila becoming more scared and confused.
"Stay back!"
She yells as she points the knife closer to Diego.

"Hey! Hey, stop! Wait. Wait. Hey! Lila? Lila, stop."
Diego stutters and everybody puts their hands out in self-defense.
" I trusted you. I got you a job, I even introduced you to my mother,And then you took off on me"
Lila states, The hurt feeling she felt clearly visible in her voice.

"Because I needed to save the world! She's using you, Lila. The Handler."
Diego tells her and I nod in sympathy towards the girl.

"You're wrong. She raised me. She loves me"
Lila response and her eyes filled up with unshed tears,
"Yeah, you know what? Love shouldn't have to hurt this much"
Luther speaks up and I raise my eyebrows with a side smile of approval at his sudden wise choice of words.

Lila remain silent for a moment before fake gagging at his statement,
"All right, I tried"
Luther gives up after two seconds of what he likes to call 'trying'.

"He's right. We have to kill her"
Five says as he begins to walk towards Lila,
" I beg your pardon?"
I question with a confused look.

"Hey! Five! Five, stop. I got it"
Diego puts his hand out to prevent Five from going any farther,
"Hey, Lila. Truth? She's dangerous. And you're scared of what she'll do with all that new power, that's why you dragged me to the Commission. Because I know what it's like to love dangerous people, difference is, they love me back"
Diego tells her while looking at each and every one of us.

Nobody's Pov:
"Shut up"
Lila tells him, her voice nearly breaking.
" The only thing she loves is power. Now, the minute she can't use you, she will turn on you, and deep down, I know you know that"
As Diego speaks he gets closer to Lila and the knife is now right up against his chest.

"You don't know me, Diego."
Lila tells him and Diego takes another step forward,
"Don't I? I know that we can be your family, if you just let us."
Diego tells her softly.

Lila looks around at the Hargreeves and they all give her a look of approval to tell her that what Diego said was true, Lila smiles lightly and turns back to Diego. She's about to speak but is cut off by gunfire.

She watches in horror as each of the Hargreevs siblings fall to the floor, lying in their own cold blood. She looks up to see the Handler, gun in hand. She had killed them, it was over.

A/n:

Hey, no question today.
Next chapter might be the last!
I fear that is true but it might be.

Have a great day!