Memory lane

Hi, It is I
Author.
Warning in advance:
There is allot of complex words in this chapter so check the mini dictionary at the bottom if you need definitions.

Your pov:

"Mom"

My mother stares up at me with warm and bright smile on her face, her smile always lit up a room the moment she stepped in it.

Though I was nothing but jubilant at the sight of seeing my mother once more, The feeling of confusion I felt couldn't be suppressed.

My mother was dead, she had been buried under neath the remains of our old home, she had died when Vanya destroyed the academy.

How was she here?
How was I here?
Thoughts ran through my head endlessly.

"It seems as though you have questions"
She tells me in a soft tone, ripping me out of my thoughts.

I slowly nod and she stands up from her seat, walking over to me.
She wore a beautiful light pink skirt with many different sized black polka dots, topped with a snowy white button up top.

"Oh my dearest Y/n"
She whispers, pulling me into a hug.
"How I've missed you so"
She says as I immediately return the hug, I wished it would last forever.

Although this wasn't real I still felt more than safe in her presence,
This was my mom.

This is the person that would patch me up if I were ever to be injured, The person who would tell me stories when I have nightmares, The person who would hold my hand and whisper soothing words when I had panic attacks.
This was my mom. And I missed her more than anything.

I allowed the tears to slip from eyes as we separated from the hug,
"Oh Y/n dear"
My mother states as she wipes the tears from my face.
"You know it hurts to see you sad"
She states with a sad smile and I nod.

No matter how bad a situation had been, she always managed to have a smile on her face.
It's one of the many things that I love about her.

"I suppose that you question your presence here"
She states to me, her Texan accent seemingly much more noticeable.

"Yeah, there are a lot of unanswered queries"
I say with a slight chuckle tugging at my words.

"The hindrance at hand involves your sister, Vanya, she needs your help"
Mom tells me and I sigh,
"How can I help?"
I question.

"It requires you participating in analogous actions of your sister"
She tells me and I nod.

"What are those actions?"
I ask her and she smiles,
"Reliving past memories, though in your case I will be with you, therefore making this more of a reminiscence"
She states and I nod.

"Follow me"
She tells me as she turns around and begins walking out of the library, me trailing close behind.

The sound of her heals colliding with the hard wood floors brings back many Echoic memories from when I was younger.

Mom leads me to a door where I hear the faded sound of the song Faithfully by Journey.
She opens the and I smile at the scene.

The date was 1994 June 11th, I was five years old then.

Little me sat on a stool as she watched her mother stir the ingredients of cookie dough in her mixing bowl, while softly singing along to the Journey song that played through the tiny red radio that sat upon the counter.

"Can Is taste?"
Little me asks mom as she swings her legs back an forth,
"Hm, a little bit never hurt anybody"
Mom replies with a smile as she takes out another spoon and gives little me a bite of the cookie dough.

Mother begins to tickle little me and she leans back in a fit of laughter and giggles.
The mother daughter moment was put to an end however as the door swung open to reveal father.

"Enough nonsense, come along number Eight, it's time for training"
Father tells mother and young me,
Little me hops off the stool and waves at her mother.

"Bye mommy"
She says and Grace smiles at her,
"Have fun my little thunder cloud"
Grace tells young me as she follows father.

The door swing closed and I smile sadly, my mothers nickname for me was thunder cloud.
As as strange as the nickname appears, I loved it.

The thunder represents my leadership, colorful personality, and my powers.
While the cloud represented my soft touch and delicateness towards others.

The scene changed and I let out a breathy laugh, smiling brightly.

The scene revealed a bed covered in books and colors, with a ten year old Five and myself sleeping.
Both cuddling with one another.

"You two always had been quite adorable"
My mother states from beside me and I nod.

The next door comes to view and I open it to see the upstairs hallway of our home, though nobody was currently present in the hallway, you could hear laughter in the distance.

After a few moments, three children sprint down the hall.
Me, Klaus, and Diego.

"Were gonna get you Sparky!"
Klaus shouts as little me chuckles,
As I run I loose my balance and all three of us fell on top of each other.

It was dead silent for a second before all three of us erupted in laughter.
I grin at the moment, though I was still sad I had missed out on a childhood with them, me being stuck in a apocalypse an all.

The door closes and mother puts her hand on my shoulder, making me glance at her.
"This is the last one"
She tells me as a light gray door appears before us.

I nod and open the door,
It showed me and Ben, three days before me and Five went missing.

We were both sat on my bed reading books with one another,
I rested my head on Bens shoulder and he put his head on top of mine.

"You know besides Klaus, your really the only person who gets me"
Ben tells me.
"Well you are quite special Ben, that's a good thing"
I tell him.

"Seriously I don't know what I'd do without you"
Ben whispers and the door swings shut.
"I hurt him"
I whisper to my mother, tears already spilling from my eyes.

"I hurt everyone, I left them"
I put my face in my hands as I desperately try to keep myself from sobbing.

After a few moments, with my mothers help, I calm down.
"The staircase"
She tells me glancing over my shoulder.

I look behind me to see a white staircase, it would lead me to Vanya I hope.
I turn back around to thank my mother but she was no were in sight.

After a minute of looking around, I except the fact that shes gone and I walk over to the staircase.

I slowly make my way down the poorly lit steps and as I make it to the bottom I gasp, seeing what was in the corner.

A/n:

Mini Dictionary:

Delicateness:

Echoic: Echoic memory is the sensory memory that register specific to auditory information (sounds). 

Reminiscence: A story told about a past event remembered by the narrator.

Analogous: Comparable in certain respects, typically in a way which makes clearer the nature of the things compared.

Hindrance: A thing that provides resistance, delay, or obstruction to something or someone

Queries: A question, especially one addressed to an official or organization.

Suppressed: Prevent the development, action, or expression of (a feeling, impulse, idea, etc.); restrain.

Jubilant: Feeling or expressing great happiness and triumph.

Today's question:
What's the dumbest way you have been injured?

I was trying to jump down the stairs and clearly forgot that the ceiling came down above the stairs so I jumped and hit my head on ceiling.

Have a great day!