Number six

Play song right away

2006

Nobody's pov:

Light snowfall fell on the grounds of the Umbrella Academy as eight people walked outside, all of them holding black umbrellas.

They gathered around a snow covered box that rested in the center of the yard, though it wasn't just any box, It was a coffin.

A coffin that had a picture of a young boy on top of it, that boy was number six of the Umbrella Academy.
Ben Hargreeves.

Most of everyone had been crying, they had all just lost someone, both their brother, and their friend.

Klaus was crying the most, Ben was the only one who had been there for him after the disappearance of his best friend and brother.
It broke him.

"Your father is ready to give the eulogy children"
Pogo breaks the pained silence as Reginald steps forward.

"The world is full of injustice, good people die along with the bad. This cosmic equation will never change unless evil itself is wiped from existence, thankfully there are powerful forces pushing back against the wicked and iniquitous"
Reginald speaks in a non emotion showing tone of voice.

"Individuals who have the strength to pull together against insurmountable odds to face adversity with unblinking courage, and not to hesitate to sacrifice themselves for another"

"Unfortunately, none of you are such people"
Reginald's tone becomes harsh, gaining confused and upset looks from all five of the remaining children.

"Despite years of training and weeks of preparation you allowed number Six to die on this mission"
He claims and Alison gasps.

"It wasn't our fault"
She states in a pain fulfilled tone as Luther puts a hand on her shoulder, in attempt to calm her down.

"Excuses? I will not hear them"
Reginald tells her coldly before returning his attention to everyone.

"The Umbrella Academy has failed one of their own, the consequences of which are dire, hold on to this feeling children let it fester in your hearts so there is never a next time"
Reginald states to the children, though his words were almost inaudible over the sound of sniffles from the children, from wich they had all began to cry more over their fathers words.

"Training will be canceled today out of respect for your brother, we will resume tomorrow at six AM"
Reginald tells the children before leaving, followed by Grace and Pogo, wich now left just the children standing around their brothers grave.

"It wasn't anybody's fault"
Vanya was the first one to speak,
"How would you know Vanya? You weren't even on the mission"
Diego tells her with a slightly harsh tone tugging at his words.

Ever since Y/n left, Diego had became distant, he was always in a upset mood.

Vanya gasps softly before letting out a small whimper and walking away,
"Nice going asshole"
Luther tells Diego as soon as Vanya leaves.

"What? We were all thinking it"
Diego tries to defend himself as Alison speaks up.

"Oh, so your thinking Diego, that's a first"
She states and Diego glares at her,
"Screw you!"
He shouts as everyone began to leave.

"Hey! Dad was right, we should have done more, this didn't have to happen"
Luther states following them.

The only person that had been left was Klaus, he had yet to speak word.

He sets down his umbrella and walks over to underneath the pavilion.
He than shakes his hands and takes a deep breath.

He brings his hands into fists and closes his eyes tightly, a light blue aurora around his hands.

"Klaus?"
A voice asks from behind him, causing Klaus to gasp and turn around.
He is than met face to face with his dead brother.
Ben.

Present day

Your pov:

I stare in shock as I see my sister crying with Ben crouched down next to her.

"What's wrong with me? Why can't I control myself like the rest of you guys?"
Vanya sobs as I slowly walk over towards them.

"It's not too late. you can go back, there's still time"
Ben tries to comfort her as he sits down, crossing his legs.

"I don't deserve to live, I killed Pogo oh, I almost killed Y/n, I destroyed the world, im a monster"
She cries and I run over to both of them, gaining their attention.

I put my hand on Vanya's back and I give her a sympathetic smile,
"Dad treated you like a bomb before you ever where one, He was....so scared of your power he never let you use it"
Ben tells her.

"Drugged you up, kept you numb for years, it's messed up V"
I tell her and Ben takes her hand,
"No wonder you couldn't control it, Dad couldn't handle your anger, that doesn't mean you cant"
He tells her.

"And maybe you have a right to be pissed off and sad and messed up, but...its a shity world full of shity people some times"
He continues as I lean my head on Vanya's shoulder.

"You aren't a monster oh, you're our sister oh, and right now our siblings are risking everything out there to save you"

"You aren't alone at the table anymore Vanya, you can do this"
I whisper to her.
And Ben smiles brightly.

I smile as well but stop soon after as I see blue pieces of light come up off of Ben.
"Ben?"
I question as Vanya and I both stand up.

"What's happening to you?"
Vanya questions as Bem stands.
The blue light was quickly beging to chil at his body, leaving less and less of him.

"I can't go back with you both"
Ben tells us and I shake my head not being able to believe what he saying.

"What do you mean? I'm hurting you or aren't I?"
Vanya questions as my eyes begin to water.

"It's not your fault, I've been holding on as long as I can here, but..."
He cuts himself off as he looks down at his hands witch were now almost gone.

"You shouldn't of come for me"
Vanya tells him and he just smiles,
"Vanya, I died seventeen years ago, all the rest of it, these years with Klaus, it's all been gravy"
He tells both of us as the tears fall from my eyes, not being able to hold them in any longer.

"At least this time I get to say goodbye"
He says and I put my hands over my mouth to prevent myself from sobbing.

"Can I ask you both a weird favor?"
He asks and I nod,
"Anything"
Vanya tells him.

"Can you hug me as I go?"
As he asks this, me and Vanya both pull him in for a hug.

"Ben I just got you back, I can't lose you again"
I cry into his shoulder and he rubs my back.

"You never did Y/n, I've always been here, and I always will be, I love you, I love you both"
He whispers.

"Tell Klaus something for me will you?"
He asks and we pull back slightly to look at him.

He whispers what he wants said and we hug him once more.

After a second, the space were Ben just stood was now just empty space.

Ben was gone.
And this time he wasn't coming back.

A/n:

Now im sobbing, thanks universe.

Mini dictionary:

Fester: (of a negative feeling or a problem) become worse or more intense, especially through long-term neglect or indifference.

Dire: (of a situation or event) extremely serious or urgent.

Adversity: Difficulties; misfortune

Insurmountable: Too great to be overcome

Iniquitous: Grossly unfair and morally wrong.

Eulogy: A speech or piece of writing that praises someone or something highly, typically someone who has just died.

No question today, just crying.

Have a great day!!!