Birthday Surprise - Chapter 20

"What ?"Howard spoke with a shocked face "she is beautiful,young and intelligent lady b..." he continued "Howie sweetheart can I speak to you for a moment" you smiled signalling with your head "mom please come in and sit in the living area" you turned and smiled casting Howard off to the kitchen.

"I'm gonna explain I swear a explanation will be provide" you said resting your hands on the table "hmmm so why does your mother think I'm your boyfriend and why does she think you have one ?" He asked leaning against the counter "that's what I need to explain" you said sitting down tapping your foot there was silence for a few moments "you gonna explain or have I got guess"he asked unfolding his arms "I'll explain my mom thinks I have a boyfriend and I don't and now I don't know what to do" You said holding your head in your hands "well that was stupid why did you say you had boyfriend" he questioned "because she kept on going on about my cousin and their kids with family and I got annoyed and it just slipped out and now she gonna find out I lied like a sad little liar" you placed your head on the table and your arms beside you "I dunno what to say to you but good luck" he said patting your shoulder starting to walk off "wait" you lift your head up with a joy filled face "what" he turned and stared at you analysing your face "no no no no" he said pointing at you "you can pretend to be my boyfriend"you gleamed pointing back at him with excitement on your face "no I'm not doing it I have my own girlfriend and you will get caught out sooner or later and beside I'm your boss" he said turning his back to you "come on Howard please think of all the stuff I've done for you"you plead "and it's not like I can go get James" you grumbled "fine I'll do it" He give in he couldn't say no to you "yes yes thank you thank you eee I could kiss you which I will do later once and once only on the cheek "you smiled hugging him "Y/N darling" your mother shouted from the other room "Coming" you shouted back "and remember act like your in love me"you joked heading out the room to your mother "that shouldn't be too hard" Howard whispered under his breath sighing.

"So are you going to introduce me to your boyfriend ?"your mom asked "ahh yes Howard dear would you come out here a second" you called.Howard emerged from the kitchen "what's up sweetheart" he smiled placing his hand round your waist "I just wanted to introduce you to my mother" you smiled looking at him "Mom this is Howard Stark my boyfriend" you said the sentence slipping of your tongue too easily  "and Howard this is my Mother" you smiled "Pleasure to meet you Miss Paris" he smiled taking and and kissing your mothers hand "please Howard call me Ann" she smiled "Yous two better go and get dressed we wouldn't want to miss dinner" she smiled "dinner ?" You looked at her "yes dinner darling Howard booked it and had his butler reach out to me"she smiled "did he now"you looked up to see Howard grinning "well we best go pick me out a dress and you a suit" you grinned.

Walking down the hallway with Howard getting further away from your mother "why did you book a dinner" you grumbled hitting him in the arm "ahhhh what was that for I thought you would like it"he said holding his arm "oh grow up I didn't even hit you that hard I would have liked it if we just went out as friends" you hissed "we are going out as friends" he countered "no we're not to my mother" you said flaing your arms at him again "alright alright would yah stop hitting me" he said grabbing your wrists gently "just calm down your getting worked up for nothing we just go out acted flirty but not too flirty and no one else but your mother will bat a eye"he reassure you "fine" you gave in "fine" he repeated "are you going to let go of my wrists now ?" You asked tilting your head "that depends do yous want me too ?" He smirked you stared at him with a deadened stare "fine fine I guess that's a yes" he said leaving go of your wrists you walked to your bedroom "make sure you were something nice I want my girlfriend too look her best" he chuckled catching a pillow you threw at him "shove it and go get dressed Howard" you spat stomping into your room still hearing his deep chuckles from outside.

"Mom are you ready ?" You asked heading down the stairs throwing your small bag on your shoulder "your ma is in the car already" Howard said handing you a bouquet of roses "ohhh uhhh thank you Howard roses like I always liked them" you smiled staring at the flowers in your hand "you didn't have to but me these your not actually my boyfriend" you smirked "ohh no I bought you them before I was even your pretend boyfriend" he said "and I got you this" he handed you a box "Howard you really shouldn't have" you said staring at him "no way you do so much for me you put up with my crap and you help me with work all the time you bring me coffee and anything else I like it the littlest I could do" he smiled to you "here open it" he shoved the box towards you "you opened the box to be greeted with a small locket with the Effie toward carved in the back and Paris written underneath you laughed at the silly joke you opened the locket to be greeted with a large photo of the Howling commandoes,Steve,James,Peggy,you and Howard when you looked to the other side you saw a small photo of you and Howard took by Jarvis while you were presenting the Stark expo you smiled filling up with tears "heh I'm trying not to cry cause my mascara will run but thank you Howard really this is the nicest gift I have" you looked up smiling to him "don't worry about a thing doll but I'm glad you liked it" he smiled "of course I like it" you said placing it around your neck.

Dinner was over fast you had ordered lobster your mother with steak and Howard had soup yous ate your deserts and left incase anyone did see yours and Howard's too friendly act the dinner was filled with silly and stupid questions from your mother about how you and Howard met how yous had your first date you lied about most of it but some other parts you just stole from actual memories.

"Right well mom" you said taking off your heels "you best get to bed I'll show you to your bedroom" you smiled "oh no dear don't worry you and Howard go get settled in your own "me and Howard ?" You questioned "I know I'm old dear but times are changing and men and women do now share bedrooms" she smirked "yous two head to bed I know my way" she said wandering off down the hall "you take the floor Ill take the bed" you said turning to Howard "urmmm first my bedroom second meaning it's my bed" he said undoing his tie "not if I beta you to it" you stated running down the hall "nope" he said quacking following you but you beat him with ease "how are you so fast and not out of breath" he said panting "I honestly don't know maybe I have powers" you laughed at him "anyway my bed your floor" you said smirking "fine" he moaned grabbing and throwing spare blankets and pillows on the floor.

You were finally in bed falling asleep a few moments past and you heard rustling from on the floor and then more and more until you turned the bedside light on "what are you doing ?" You asked "trying to get comfortable but yah know it's really hard since I'm laid on the floor" he said still moving about "well can you stop" yous asked "can I can I stop are you being serious" he lifted up on his elbow and turned to you "you should be on the floor that's my bed"he argued "uhhh fine I can't believe this get in the bed" you said falling back on the pillow "what ?" He asked "get in the bed before I regret it" you repeated he stood up of course he was topless with a pair of silk bottoms on "put a top on Howard" you argued "no can do you know I don't wear tops they restricted all of this" he said pointing to his toned chest "I honestly hate you" you smirked "no you don't" he answered back lifting the quilt up and climbing in.

*Authors Note*

Hiya you gorgeous and fantastic people I'm back with a new chapter this took longer then expected I kept getting like stupid little blocks so I'm really sorry again but thank you for reading,voting and commenting I love it every time I get a notification I give a little smile I love you all lots xxx