Happy Engagment Party - Chapter 25

The rumble of the plane engine assured you of landing "well boys I guess were home" you smiled "I guess we are" Dum Dum admitted smacking his knees standing up throwing his rucksack over his shoulder the plane entrance opened and the men started walking off "I'll see you on Saturday" Mortia added "see you on Saturday" Falseworth finished "Falseworth wait up" you jogged ahead he turned to face you "are you going to be inviting a special dame to Howard's party" you wiggled your brows "and here is me thinking you came over here to ask me something important" he smirked "I don't know yet though Paris I'm not sure she would accept" he finished with a sigh "ohh yeah we can't have your reputation be brought down in the SSR....I'm joking I'm sure she would gladly accept just go for it" you assure "I'll try" he smiled "enjoy your time Paris I'll see you Saturday" he gleamed waving."what was that all about ?" Bucky asked "ohhh you know just playing Cupid" you shrugged "you playing Cupid I would stop before you kill someone with and arrow" Steve grinned "why you want me to notify agent Carter too ?" You leaned forward to see Steve looking away and Bucky grinning "so where you staying doll ?" He asked "ohhh I hadn't actually thought of that" you realised you didn't really want to go back to the mansion with the full engagement so you had no where left "perfect you can stay with us" Bucky cheered "are you sure I don't want to impose" you checked "of course you can you've been a great deal of help" Steve smiled "it's not like we're gonna let you sleep on the streets"he added "but got to warn you it's not the best place certainly not Starks mansion but it's cosy" Bucky explained "well lucky for you two I enjoy cosy" you smiled.

The apartment was cosy it was warm and cheerful you cooked the boys some food since they didn't know how to do nothing for themselves yous chatted for a while after that James went to bed early apologising for being tired but you and Steve assured him it was fine. You were sat on the sofa your legs resting on the other two cushions while Steve sat opposite to you placing his legs up on the table "raised in a barn ?"you said looking at Steve "no just Brooklyn" he smiled to you "So are you going to the engagement ?" You asked "yeah how bout you ?" He said raising a brow "I mean I gotta go" you grinned "brining anyone special ?" You hinted "if you referring to agent Carter no I'm not I have no idea if she's gonna be there"he explained crossing his arms "bet you've already checked the guest list" you laughed "shut up"he chuckled leaving you two to be in silence "Did you ever think about getting with Howard ?" Steve asked "what ?" you looked at him in disbelief "you heard me did you" he repeated "no why would I ?"you answered "I dunno you two seemed pretty cosy seem like a nice couple who could get married raise a bright kid and be happy together" he laughed "I'll take it as compliment I guess" you smiled "but for someone who is dating your best friend your awfully suggestive for me to be with my ex boss" you grinned "true but then again he was utterly taken by you I'm surprise he is even getting engaged to anyone else"he said shaking his head laughing "what ever you say Rodgers" you passed he looked to you "you did know he liked you didn't you ?" He assured "Howard does not like me Steve we're not kids" you answered back "you never knew did you ?" He asked "there was nothing to know" you told him "I can't believe you never saw it it was so obvious to me and Peggy we would sit and stare at yous everyday and you haven't noticed"he laughed "right I think imma head to bed" you said lifting up "night Rodgers" you said heading to Bucky room "fine night Paris don't be getting up to anything the walls are thin" he called you giggled walking down the hall. Climbing into bed and laying beside James you wrapped your arms round him "hiya doll didn't expect you in here" he giggled with a half sleeping voice turning round and wrapping his arms round your body "sorry for waking you it's just more cosy in here" you smiled into his chest "no need for sorry I should be saying thank you to you" he chuckled too which you just grinned more.

You awoke bright and early ready to go shopping for a dress "right boys I'm heading out" you said grabbing a extra pin placing it in your hair "hey where's James ?" You asked "went to his ma's she needs him to help Rebecca move" Steve answered the questioned you "where you going ?"lifting his head up from his sketch."just shopping for a new dress"yous answered "hmmm mind if I come ?" He said standing up "sure but what do you need to get ?" You questioned the man in front of you "a suit" he grinned you face lit up "owwwhhh a new one for Peggy" you laughed at his tinted face "come on Rodgers" you called heading out the door.