And The Work begins-Chapter 8

*warning:swearing*

*NYC 1942*

"Howard where do you want these flowers sent to ?" You said holding a bouquet of red and white roses as you walked into the living area howard looked up from the contract sheet he was signing "oh there for you" he said giving you a toothy grin you were shocked to say the least you had never been given flowers before in fact he had given you your favourite flowers "ummm thank you but why"."cause you help me a lot they were suppose to arrive 2 days ago but shipping was late i hope you like them" he said still staring at his work You looked at the tag say "To Y/N love Howard x" you furrowed your brow making a little giggle escape her lips at the tag and the use of the word love "uhhh yes I do very much actully there my favourite flowers how did you know what my favourite flowers were ?" You wondered staring at Howard with a surprised expression "you said about 2 weeks ago I do listen to you I dont just ignore you"he said lifting his head up quickly to then look back down "that's funny normal i just see you staring at my cleavage when I speak to you" You said smiling into the flowers "no i don't plus you shouldnt have them on show if you don't want me to take a glance now and again" he said looking at you styling a cheeky grin before quickly having a sofa pillow tossed at his head "arghhh I was joking" he said throwing the pillow back at you "you bet have been aswell" you said straighting out you navy coloured jacket "come on Howard we have work to do" you said grinning walking off into another room making howard look up and grin to himself.

*3 weeks later*

"Are you ready for Brooklyn" Jarvis spoke heaving the rest of howards and your cases into the trunk "yes i am quiet equipped but Y/N still can't decide what sunglasses to take its not even warm its winter" Howard said leaning back on the car."YOU ALWAYS HAVE TO BE PREPARED HOWARD YOU NEVER KNOW THE WEATHER WILL BE"you said strutting quickly out of the mansion "Do you have to shout Y/N"."Why yes yes i do I am very excited i have never been somewhere to make the first super hero"."Again not a super hero he will be a enhanced soilder"."your no fun also i heard Brooklyn the best place for handsome suitors"You said sending a wink howards way before climbing in the car."why go to Brooklyn when you have one living in the same home as you" he quipped shutting the car door "i think Ill try my chances"you reassured"and here we go" jarvis said starting up the car.

"Ahhhh Mr stark back again with a beautiful new dame i see" the French apartment owner spoke "as much as I take the beautiful part I am not his dame I am his assistant Miss Paris"."oh how very rude of me" he said grabbing her hand and kissing her knuckles "call me fred"."alright wrap it up we have to get unpacked" howard said walking in-between you and Fred you just let out a little giggle "i shall see you soon Fred"you said with a wave as you followed howard into the elevator.You raised your brow a "what" erupted from howards lips "nothing... nothing at all"you said in a playful tone"so what is this place like a hotel or some bachelor pad"You said turing to face howard "no it not some batchelor pad its my apartment in Brooklyn I use it for business"."yeah business"You stood with a smirk on your face but howard just stared straight forward a cold glare "Howard what is up with you normally laugh at my sly womaniser jokes"."nothings wrong" he said still staring forward "there clearly is your not being yourself"."Y/N were performing the serum tomorrow and your cracking jokes about whether or not I have sex up here in my apartment do you seriously just take me as a slouzy skirt chaser" he said turning to face her "Howard I was making a joke your over reacting the project will go fine"you said crossing your arms "will you stop with the sweet little voice"."come on your being stupid" "No Y/N I am not how do you know project tomorrow will work if it doesn't the subject will be most likely be killed and if not my career will definitely be so just stay out the way I  cant be putting up with you distracting me" he said standing back up straight and walking out the elevator to his work room dragging his hand through his hair.

You sat on the couch reading a magazine scanning through it mindlessly it had been 2 hours since howard little tantrum and you both hadn't eaten standing up from the couch you opened the cupboards of course they were already all full so you began making dinner it was a classic soup recipe something your mother would make for you whenever you two fought she would always come and knock on the door with the soup and a bread roll in her hand you smiled at the memory of her home about a hour passed and you had finished the meal you decided to also pour a glass of wine knocking at the door "come in" howard said "I've made you something to eat and a glass of wine if you cared to join me at the table"."yeah I'll be out in soon" he said not once breaking eyecontact with his work you rolled your eyes shutting the door you really couldn't care less about table manners at this point it was approaching 8pm and you hadn't ate anything all day and time was passing untill it got till 9pm. Finishing up your glass of wine in a gulp you picked up the soup and stormed into his office placing the soup on his desk "here take the soup you dont even have the courtesy to say you didn't want it"."what the fuck" he said putting his pen down "I really don't know whats gotten into you lately howard but I suggest you bring your own head from out you arse cause i am not putting up with this you prick"you said standing infront of the book shelf "are you being seriously right now cause I never showed up to dinner your storming in here nearly spilling soup all over my work and telling me to get me head out of my arse"he said standing up from his chair"thats exactly what I am doing "."maturity at its finest you know we can't all pit patter around like a dancing fairy pick and choosing what sunglasses would suit us like you do some us have to do work and sometimes that mean miss a stupid fucking soup you made"."the soup I made was so you dont forget to eat howard cause i know for a fact you would work all night and feel sick in the morning because you haven't eaten any food see what I done there i actully gave a fuck or for simpler term cared about you that might be a new phase to you cared" Y/N said angrily "oh get of your high horse" howard said throwing his hands up "No you know what all you care about is yourself and your company and the fact that someone else is actully caring about you for once in your life you don't know what to do so you just get all moody and push them away well howard I guess I leave you now and let you wallow in your self pity" you said slamming the door before opening it and hitting howard in the side of the head "DONT FORGET YOUR BREAD ROLL TO DIP IN MY FUCKING SOUP"you said slamming the door again "she is fucking crazy" howard said sitting back in his chair.

A few hours had passed since there heated argument it was now 11pm and howard was about ready for bed walking pass your room he opened your door "hey Y/N can I speak to you" he said standing in her doorway "I dont want to speak to you howard please leave" you said head snuggled into the sheets "Y/N come on you know i am.." before he could say anything  you lifted your head up from the pillow now sat up in bed letting the blanket fall revaling you in your silk pink night gown howard couldnt take his eyes off you but neither could you take your eyes  him despite it being late hours and he was tired he was still handsome as ever you just wanted to march up to him and shut him up by kissing his soft lips you frankly didn't know what came over you but you knew he had been a arse to her earlier and he not getting away with it "howard just leave we have this experiment in the morning and both of us need sleep so just leave the room"."Y/N please" he said putting his hand through his hair "Howard just leave i dont want to speak to you"."fine i leave i see you in the moring i guess" he said shutting the door resting his head back and sighing before heading to bed .

*AUTHORS NOTE 💙*

Hi guys I know i said I was going to upload more and I'm sorry again but its here and I should have the next chapter up and coming and as always thank yous all for reading and voting i appreciate it all so much thank yous all again love you all xxx