Thoughts and more thoughts - Chapter 21

"It was so lovely to have you here mom" you told your mom as she started to head out the door "yeah it was lovely to finally meet you Ann" Howard said lifting up your mother suit case and placing it in the trunk "are you sure you be safe in the cab I could drive you or Howard or even Jarvis" you offered "hunny I'll be fine don't you worry I will phone you when I'm back home"she assured you holding your hands in hers "well I hope the next time I'm here it is because rather you have a bun in the oven"she said pointing to your stomach  "or I'm sitting opposite to you two stood at the alter" she grinned you just let out a small laugh "well I'll try my best" Howard smiled walking over placing his arm round your waist and kissing your forehead which was unexpected and left a small blush on your cheeks your mother climbed into the car before raising her hand and air kissing you goodbye "I love you" she said smiling "I love you to mom" you shouted as the cab drove away you and Howard waving until she went out of view.

You and Howard headed inside Howard still having his hand placed on your waist "how about we do some work" he smiled "I will when you remove your hand from around my waist"you grinned "oh yeah old habit" he said "old habit you've pretended to be my boyfriend for the past 14 hours"you countered"it was extremely hard"he smiled "thanks for the glowing review" you said walking off "it's a sunny day why don't we go in the pool have a barbecue" you said walking off into the kitchen "because we have work to do" he argued "we don't have work and if we actually had any it will be done by me" you gleamed "plus this basically is work" you said "how is going in the pool and sunbathing work" he said picking up a apple from the bowl and taking a bite "I'll answer that when we get in the pool" you smiled "I'm not getting in that pool" he said "why not" you asked getting glasses and fruit out of the fridge "cause I don't like water" he said before taking another bite out of his apple you stared at him for a while him smiling at you with a mouth full of apple "you can't swim can you"you said "what" he said with false shock "you can't swim can you .... your afraid of water ?" You accused "no I'm not and I can swim" he said walking off you following behind him "you can't swim why didn't you just say I would teach you" you said even though he would love to take up that offer he didn't want to give in "you don't need to teach me cause I can swim and I'm not afraid of water"he said turning round you banging into his cheats at his sudden stop "just let me teach you to swim it's an important life skill" you argued "I don't need you to Jesus just leave me alone about it" he argued back "okay fine be a little baby and cry like one when your drowning "you said walking off to your room.

You clearly hit a nerve with Howard you knew he couldn't swim and he was just too stubborn to admit it. You looked outside the sun still shining and you weren't going to let Howard ruin this beautiful day you threw on your two piece put your sunglasses on your head and headed outside with a drink in your hand and a small stereo in the other.

You sat around sunbathing for a while before deciding to head into the pool swim back and forth enjoying the sun before finally seeing Howard walk out his hair ruffled his shirt undone at the top and his suspender hanging how did he look this good would be the thought that killed you.You shook your thoughts away and headed back to the middle of the pool he came forward and stood above you "I need you to come and help me in the lab" he asked hands in his pockets you just ignored him "Y/N" he called your name just for you not to respond "real mature" he said "Are you gonna help me or not ?" He asked you not replying again "you really do just love being petty don't you" he said walking off "I'm sorry what was that ?"you asked heading over to the edge of the pool "I said you really just love being petty"he repeated turning round you got up out the pool grabbing your hat and stereo "depends who it is" you replied "real nice" he pulled an annoyed smile you laid down on the sun bed and pulled your glasses over your eyes "I'll see you inside later" Howard didn't reply "bye Howard" you said to be extra annoying.

You opened your eyes to the sudden shade over you "can you move ?" You asked still laid in the bed "can you ?" He asked you "not at this exact moment" you said with a smirk.Howard chuckled "okay" he said leaning forward and picking you up "hey hey I'm not done sunbathing" you argued "and I'm not paying you to sunbathing" he countered walking off with you still over his shoulder.you reached in the kitchen and he finally placed you down "right your gonna go get dressed and come and do your job down in the lab got it ?" He said still holding on to the side of your arms you had to admit it was hot the way he was speaking to you and all you wanted to do in that moment was kiss his stupid lips "Y/N you got it" he asked "yeah I got it" you said snapping out of your thoughts.

You headed to your room shaking the previous thoughts from your head why did you have those thoughts of course you found Howard attractive but you never actually looked into anything beyond that these thoughts kept playing on your mind while you got dressed you were sure it was just some stupid way of your mind but you had them before but then he got with Tiffany and they sort of buried them self but now there showing up again and you don't have time to be having a school girl crush on your boss and close friend you shouldn't and can't be having these thoughts there pointless he's happy with Tiffany.

"your finally here" he said lifting his head up "yeah" you said sitting down on the chair "you could have kept the swimsuit on I wouldn't have complained" he said smirking to which you just smiled at "what no come back"he said placing down his paper "what" you asked grabbing the blue prints from the other side of the desk "are you okay ?" he asked standing up and walking over to you "yeah I'm fine" you said looking through the blue prints "you sure cause you don't seem it" he asked leaning over the table opposite to you right now he was too close and then them thoughts were emerging back again just play it cool "I'm totally fine Howard" you said smiling "are you sure you look warm" he said placing the back of his hand on you forehead Oh for fuck sake you screamed internally "I think your burning up" he said "ha yeah I think I'm gonna go get changed you know the hot weather " you said with a small chuckle backing away from the him "okay just be careful with what your doing"he said "yep yep I will do" you rambled trying to get out of the room quick.

The phone rang just your luck "do you want me to get it" he asked turning round "I'll get it" you said heading towards the phone "hiya this is Miss Paris speaking you've phoned Starks industry what assistance may I be of?" You chirped.

"Well hiya doll it's James".

*Authors note*

Ohhh someone has a crush and it's on Howard stark there boss and friend and someone who already has a girlfriend anyhoo Hello guys how are you all doing? You all eating properly? getting a good night sleep ? I hope so but thank you for all you beautiful comments,reads and votes I love seeing you all thirst over the characters it is hilarious and agreeable and I'm really sorry for having this chapter out so late I get really lazy and just forget to finish them and then they don't get released until like 2 weeks later so I am really sorry about that hopefully I'll be able to have another one out this week but I am thankful for you all as always I love yous all lots xxx