It's Cold - Chapter 38

And there you were in the dark and cold stood on the empty docks waiting for Howard to make an appearance you checked your watch again the time reading 2:36am "if this child is not here in 10 minutes I'm leaving" you muttered shaking your head and looking back out to see a small light getting bigger as it approached you it's slowed in speed as it reached the deck until it stopped and their was Howard with a brown leather jacket and a pair of glasses and as much you hated to admit her suited them very well he looked to your coated figure a brown beret gently placed on your head "Y/n ?" Was all he said "Howard" you respond back "but Peggy ?" He "there was change in plan" you notified holding your hand out to the man still stood in the boat he looked to your and took it allowing you to help  him up on the deck and you must have over estimated your strength as Howard came bashing into you barley keeping on your feet you looked up to the man and suddenly all the cold melted away leaving a small familiar feeling in your chest before stepping back and finally letting go of his hand picking up one of his bags you began walking down the deck before turning to him "come along its too late and too cold to be waiting a round" .

The walk back to the cabin was silent the only sounds made was the quiet hellos to the residents that lived in the town. You opened the cabin door placing Howard's bag on the floor you quickly too your boots off trying to move into another room as quickly as possible it wasn't so you didn't want to see Howard you just wanted to avoid him as much as possible.

You headed to the sofa grabbing the book you began reading on the flight here while Howard went upstairs to unpack his things a few moments past before Howard walked down the timber stairs stopping in the middle "there's only one bedroom ?" He acknowledged "yep" you noted still reading through your book "well where will I sleep ?" He asked "in the bed" you answered still focusing on your book "and where will you sleep ?" He asked once more "on here" you said pointing down to the sofa you were sat on "right" he huffed rocking on his feet making the stair creek "but why don't I sleep on the sofa and you sleep on the bed" he offered "cause if the SSR broke in I believe I have a better chance at taking them down then you" you turned to him finishing your explanation he just nodded and headed back upstairs sensing his present wasn't wanted by you.

You awoke to your book on the table side and a thick blanket over you the house was quiet something you didn't really enjoy you checked the time 7:34 you stood up heading to the  bathroom passing Howard bedroom his door wide open as usual but no Howard to be found you walked to the bathroom also empty  heading down the stairs you checked the kitchen nothing a small amount of panic set in leaving you to grab the gun from beside the coat rack and run outside bare foot "Howard" you called "god damit Howard where the hell are you" you walked around the cabin the gun held to your shoulder you began to turn the corner when your met with Howard holding an axe in one hand and logs in the other "what the hell" you shouted to the man in front of you "what" he said stepping back from the gun pointing at his face "you don't just leave the house at god knows when in the morning with no note or nothing I thought someone had took you" you fumed "I was grabbing wood" he answered "I don't care what you were grabbing you just left " you said pointing the gun at him harder "can you put the fucking gun down" he said moving the end out of his face you put the gun down turning towards the house "why haven't you got shoes on ?" He asked to which you just ignored stomping back through the snow into the cabin.

You entered the cabin placing the gun back near the coat rack "why are you so upset ?" Howard questioned placing the axe down walking over to the log pile "I'm upset cause I've been sent here to baby sit you" you spat back walking to the kitchen "I didn't ask you to come I was expecting Peggy" he threw a few logs onto the fire "well Peggy's already doing your dirty work by risking her entire life and job for you while your off in Rio doing whatever you do" you walked back through to the living room "she's trying to prove my innocence" he looked to you "I doubt you have any"you criticised "Do you actually believe I'm a traitor of the states ?" he retaliated "Your past actions aren't helping you with question" you quipped still stood in the doorway "and what's that meant to mean ?"he now walked forward standing in front of the sofa you stood their in hesitation and instead of replying you just walked of upstairs "you can't just storm off mid disagreement yah know" he shouted raising his hands in frustration "I can do what the hell i want" you continued to your room changing into some new clothes you returned down stairs picking up your fur hat,gloves and scarf and placing a long jacket around you "what are you doing ?" Howard questioned leaving you to turn to him "we're going to town" you tried fixing your scarf "now ?" He walked toward you "yes now put your coat on" you headed toward the fire putting it out "the locals will think it's strange if we don't go down and enjoy the place" you explained "or they just think we want to damm peace and quiet" he grumbled grabbing his jacket you walked back over to the man standing in front of him "I don't like when we're silent you should know that by now Howard" you told him heading out the front door.

You were currently trenching through snow heading down to the icy steps you hope you would fall flat on your back down. "Can you wait up ?" Howard shouted from behind you just kept walking "Y/N" he shouted again hearing his footsteps quicken until he was beside you. "Did you just not hear me or chose not to" he asked placing his gloves on "huh" Yous aid looking to him "clever" he grinned.You both continued walking to the town close by it consisted of a couple of houses a diner , a library, some retail shops a repair place and what a seemed to be a bakery. "So what have you been up too?" Howard asked looking to you "just work" you replied with a short answer his stare still on your face "anything else ?" He asked trying to start a conversation you wanted to tell him how life was in New York but you didn't know how you didn't know what to say to the man beside you "nope just work and home" you made a small tug at each corner of your lips trying to create a small smile but it falling back to a line Howard turned forward and the rest of your trip fell to silence.

Yous reached the town kids were making snowmen and having snow ball fights they was couple enjoying a hot drink together in the diner and some mothers chatting to each other you made a sharp right into the diner walking to small booth. Taking your gloves off you grabbed the menu and looked over it ordering a burger, fries and a milkshake you glanced at Howard his eyes concentrated on the menu "so what may I get you ?" A young waitress approached her auburn hair pined back a subtle pink lipstick danced her lips with a pearly smile "how can I help you two today ?" She focused mainly on Howard "hiya may I please have the burger, fries and chocolate milkshake" you ordered which she wrote down quickly "I'll just have the same but a vanilla milkshake instead" Howard spoke "please" he added with a smile. "No problem is it the first time yous are visiting?" She asked still focused on Howard "yep" you answered placing your menu back in the stand "are yous in a honey moon or a romantic getaway" she smiled between the two of you Howard cleared his throat looking to you "no just work related trip" you smiled to the girl "Oh well it's still a lovely place to visit I'll be right back with your meal soon" she said walking away leaving Howard's eyes to follow he turned back round tapping his fingers on the table he was child in grown mans body you thought to yourself .

*Authors Note*

Hiya guys so I've been doing exams and revising for them like mad cause I'm just naturally stupid so it takes a lot of time but again sorry for the wait guys I also made a tik tok account for this watt pad account cause i would really love to know some of you but thank you for all the votes, reads and comment I adore them and you all too and as always I love you all very much xxx