Don't be late - Chapter 33

"Can you get through the door ?" Peggy questioned starting at the 9 foot wide metal door in front of you "I'm sure if someone firing a gun at me I'll be able to knock down the door" you countered "Okay we're counting on you Y/N" Peggy said jumping out the jeep "I'll meet you girls inside" Colonel Philips commanded.

You and Peggy began running while bullets whizzed past yous slowly getting less and less as the men behind you took down more hydra agents you picked up your speed noticing Peggy was now further behind aiming for the two guards in front of you and there it was the large door you promised to take down... maybe you put a bit to much on yourself "shit".

"Come on Wood open the door" Peggy shouted "I'm trying" you were straining every bit in your body to open the door but only a few whims of blue flooded your hands "Y/N COME ON" Peggy shouted "Y/N WE HAVEN'T GOT TIME" she shouted again looking behind at the Hydra solider now closing in.

A bunch of bullets flew into door in front of you the whims in your hands grew your hands became stress free the tension which was in your next left the door which was in front of you was now on the floor with burn marks round the edges. "Sorry about shooting at you" Peggy apologised "that was you" you whipped your head round "well I had to" she shrugged her shoulders "no you didn't" you shouted back to her "I'll meet you" Peggy began jogging off "where" you called "somewhere" was all you heard.

You began running through the base seeing bodies on the floor then the shootings was heard you sprinted ahead and saw a hydra solider gun pointed at one of your men the blue surged your hands again knocking the Hydra solider back against the wall hearing the snap of his neck you ran to the solider lifting him up he hissed you look down to his leg a pool of blood on the side you heard more footsteps turning you were happy to see it was Jacques and Gabe  "get him to jeep and patch up his leg make sure he stopped bleeding we can't have a good solider dead" you looked down to the man and smile "here take my gun incase there anyone outside"you handed your gun to solider "Mi-Miss I can't you have nothing to protect yourself"he hissed still in agony over his leg "don't worry about me I'll be alright" you smiled "thank you for everything" he for some reason let out a small laugh to which you just shook your head a grinned you lifted up the two men lifting him up and dragged him away.

You ran round further lucky enough to not encounter any more hydra agents and then their he was the tall ex-asthmatic star spangled man and of course there was someone pointing a gun at him "hey why don't you pick on someone your own size" you shouted throwing him backwards "Y/N" Steve shouted "your late" He joked "your not complaining are you" the blue now out off your hands a jeep pulled up with some familiar faces Colonel Philips and Peggy "Cut off one head and two more shall rise- " a voice was heard behind you and Steve then followed by a gunshot "let's go find two more" Colonel let out a small smile reloading his gun.

You and Steve enter the main base area men shooting at one another bullies barley passing Steve and you "Steve where are you heading ?" You question the stupid man beside you "I'm going after him" he turned to look at you not by yourself ?" You smiled running forward joined by Steve the bullets smacking his shield which just mange to block the two of you "were not going make it" Steve shouted "I might not but you will"you answered back stopping "Y/N what are you doing ?" Steve turned to look at you the blue mist started to form in your hands again "hang in tight and try not to move to much" you informed beginning to lift Steve up hurling him forward until a spray of bullets past you hitting you straight in the side turning you let go of concentration leaving Steve to fall but he was lucky enough to troll out of the fall he began running again now closer you on the other you fell to you knees holding your side sending a wave of blue mist to the hydra soilder a in front of you.

"Y/N GET IN" Peggy demand you mange to get up and with the help of Peggy get in the car "quickly st" you winced "Steve's up ahead"you "Christ your bleeding " Peggy looked to you side "i-ill be fine I've been shot before" you smiled shaking you hand at her "that doesn't make you invincible  Paris" Colonel called from the front "I like to think it does" you countered back the car picked up speed and Peggy was still shooting at the hydra agents behind "Get in" Colonel Philips barked at the man already jumping in the car "sorry about dropping your steve" you apologised it was quiet a high height "Don't worry about- you've been shot" he looked to you "I'm fine" you smiled still holding your shoulder "make sure she get seen to" Steve affirmed to Peggy "Your still that stupid kid from Brooklyn" you commented looking to Steve the only one you got left out of all this "who never ran away from a fight" he smiled before doing a small salute and turning  ready to jump "WAIT" Peggy echoed grabbing his face and kissing him you grinned to yourself seeing the sight of these two finally being happy together "go get him" Peggy beamed Steve looked at her smiling "I'm not kissing yah" Colonel Phipps added Steve placed his shield on his back crawling forward on the car the metal plane blade scraping off the shield you were getting closer to the edge "come on Steve" you muttered he jumped just catching onto the wheel Peggy's face lit up but teg was cut short by the heavy swerve Colonel Philips performed sending you  and Peggy to edge of the car closer to the edge then you like to admit.

"We've got to find a control room then we might be able contact Steve and find where he's heading"you suggest to the rest of the group "you ladies be carful" colonel Philips warned "don't worry sir they have a couple of strong chaps to keep them safe" your turned to see Falseworth grinning with the rest of the howling commandos beside him "we may actually need your help boys she mange to get her self shot" Peggy try to let out a small joke helping you out the car but Falsworth was extremely concerned and ran up to you holding your side "Carter you help them find a room you and Mortia are the only ones able understand that damm radio" he claimed "I can understand it" You added "you won't be doing anymore you've got a bullet in your side" Falsworth turned to you still helping you walk.

You and Falsworth stumble round the metal corridors trying to keep up with the others  "We've found the control room now come on" Gabe called guiding yous to the room. "Rodgers come in ?" Peggy called hoping to get a response you were rested on the seat beside her False worth searching the room in hope of a first aid kit "Steve,Steve is that you ? Are you okay ?" You could hear the desperation in her voice "where's Schmidt ?" another of the million question she wanted to ask "where the plane ?" She then asked  "Give me your coordinates I'll find a landing site" she asked frantically searching the panels for something she paused listening to the other end shaking her head "I'll get Howard on the line he'll  know what to do" she reasoned turning to you "Y/N please get Howard on he'll be down here in a heartbeat" she turned to you stressed placing the ear piece back on listening to the man she loved on the other side "Steve please don't do this we got time we can figure this out" Peggy plead you knew what was happening you just didn't want to admit you've done it your full life you've denied every death that came upon you wether it was your fathers, your childhood best friend, Dr Erskine or James's.

The long silence let you sink in what was actually happening you were losing the last thing which was the closet thing you had to the normal life you once lived "I'm here" Peggy let out trying not break "alright a week Saturday the stork club" she stopped "8:00 clock on the dot don't you dare be late" she let out a fake demand bowing her hand down before raising it back up "I'll show you how just be there" the tears rolled down her face you all heard the line fuzz "Steve ?" She "Steve ?" A few moments passed before Falseworth came beside you "Y/N we have to get you out of here before you bleed out" he whispered something so big felt so small next to the news you just discovered "y/n we have to go now" he whispered again.

You just look at him and nodded your head.

*Authors Note*

I gotta say once again sorry I have a hectic few weeks and I know it's late like really late this time I've barley even answered to any comments but I have not cause yah know I love your guys comments cause they make me laugh and smile and melt my little heart were nearly at 50k reads which I am so excited about and I've been noticing a lot more Howard Stark fanfics which make me so happy to finally see my 1950s cocky hunky scientist/invention man get some love ✋😩 and if any of you see me simping for him in the comments of others fanfic mind yah business dammm don't all need to be up in bussie guys (if you do please simp with me so I'm not alone 😮‍💨) but honestly and I say this every single chapter at the end thank you all so much for reading, voting and commenting on my little story i really do appreciate it yous are so sweet about it too and always brings smile to my face even if I'm not always on time for uploading 😟 but honestly I really do love you all xxx