Your a fool - Chapter 34

The house was now truly empty you hadn't saw Peggy in a while she moved in with some other girl you had offered her to move in with you but I mean what did you expect too many memories of Steve maybe you should leave but then that means someone else would get the place.

You were in England when V day took place many celebrated while many mourned and remembered you managed to catch a glimpse of Howard smiling you were going to approach him and start a conversation but Falseworth pulled you away to the nearest pub.

"Lovely turn out" Mortia commented to which the group just laughed "so what are you going to do now that the Howling commandos have dispatched boys ?" You asked turning to the group "dispatched ? since when did we dispatch ?" Gabe question raising his eyebrow "but" you were cut off "someone's got to carry on the legacy of Steve and Bucky and I'll l be sure dammed if it's anyone but us" Dum dum spoke you just smiled at his words "so are you joining us ?" Jaques asked "I'm afraid not" you turn to the smiling man "what will you do ?" Falseworth asked taking a drink of his beer "I think the SSR may have a place for me and hey if not I still have all my degrees behind me" you laughed "well there is that" dum dum grinned. You guys all were finished up and decided to leave "so will I ever see you again ?" Falseworth asked placing his coat over his arm "I'll be certain you will if not sooner then later" you grinned "I better I'm not having you run away after I saved your arse on the battlefield" he joked "I think your getting confused" you questioned him "not at all" he smiled "I promise to see you soon Falseworth and tell ruby I said hello and next time I come down tell her to make sure she made me her Victoria sponge"you added "I sure will" he chuckled at your demand "I'll see you soon" you held your hands out "see you soon Paris" he said pulling you into a hug.

You flew back to the US being forced to move to NYC you were working at a small military base after the war in the filing unit were else would you be you earned zero respect from the men they didn't care that you fought alongside captain America or that you fought at all to them you were just some secretary who could easily be replaced but at least you weren't in it alone you had Peggy who was working at the SSR a place where you were soon to start your first day after working the shit hole base for a year. You mange to get by you moved into apartment complex called the Griffith's very strict no men policy which didn't seem to bother you the SSR mange to keep hold of Steve's and Bucky place in Brooklyn they wanted it for historical purposes you just wanted it for the sake of memories.

"Come in" you heard the muffled voice of Peggy opening the door seeing her organising her jewellery case "hello Colleen" you greeted the bubbly blonde who stemmed to be ill "Hiya Y" before she could finish a large cough came out "ohhh that looks like tuberculosis you wanna get that checked out". "That's what I was just telling Peggy" she smiled "ohhh here your hat you lent it to me last night while you were at work"Peggy informed holding out the hat to her "aww it's alright it looks better on you" she grinned "gotta to give it you but you do suit the colour red Peggy" you agreed with Colleen "and who knows it might catch the eye of a man"Colleen wiggled her brows to Peggy "well don't hold your breath especially with tuberculosis"Peggy joked earning a small laugh from you "what about you Y/N you got a man ?" She asked dabbing her nose a small pause was their "no I think I'm a to much of a bore" you smiled earning a laugh back from Peggy "clock out pull the cuties and sleep Peggys orders" Peggy persisted shutting her purse "oh remember we're going to the movies Saturday I have the night off Y/N you should join ?" She smiled "we'll try you know how busy the office keeps us" Peggy lied "yous work at the phone company it ain't life or death" she chuckled "darling you have no idea" you grinned to which she just laughed and laid her head back "you ready pegs ?" You turned to ask her "yeah".

"Why in the bloody hell did we not take the car I know you have one" Peggy nagged "cause I like to walk the busy streets of ongoing men all in the same suits thinking their better then everyone around them" you grinned to the woman beside you "did you hear about Stark ?" Peggy turned to you "I think everyone has he is in every news paper and on every radio his interview being broadcasted every where" you stated "wonder where he is". "On some scorching island with his fiancé" you joked "you ready for you first day in this hell hole" Peggy asked "pretty sure we've been through worse"you commented opening the door for Peggy "morning rose" Peggy greeted the red head who was managing the phone controls "better hub up today pegs DC line is hot" she informed before seeing you "new female agent ?" She questioned making a narrow look to you "great I'm rose your agent Paris if I'm right ?" She grinned "correct" you smiled "love the hat".