Bambi - Chapter 39

You sat there eyes trying to focus on anything but Howard.It was hard. The man looked at the table before making a glance to you and you caught him "How's Peggy ?" He asked trying to start a conversation between the two of you "she's good she's just moved in next door to me at the Griffith" you answered leaning back in your seat "ahh the Griffith" he smirked "of course your familiar with that place"you rolled your eyes with a small smile "I didn't say anything" he held his hands out a small silence filled the booth before you decided to speak again "how did you get past Miriam ?"you questioned him cocking your brow "I was the famous man who snuck up a pipe line" he smiled "that was you" you gasped shocked that he would climb up the pipe line "why are you so surprised ?" He leaned back folding his hands "I just never took you as a daring type" you said leaning on the table now "we're not all scared of heights like you" he grinned "I'm not scared of heights okay they just make my legs shaky" you defend yourself poorly leaving him to smile.

A few bells later you and Howard were discussing Jarvis and ana when the waitress came back "here is your burger and fries with a chocolate milkshake" she said placing the meal down in front of you which you thanked her giving her warm smile "and here is your burger and fries with a vanilla milkshake mister" she smiled to Howard brightly "and if you need anything at all just call me over" she gleamed practically bending over next to Howard you began to eat but watched her actions "I will thank you.." he waited for her to tell him her name "Cassidy" she said pointing to her name badge "okay Cassidy I'll make sure to" Howard noted nodding his head to the young woman in front of him. You realised he didn't give her his name but who were you to interrupt. The meal continued you and Howard asking simple things about each other such as asking how the others parents were doing  or what they'd been up to Howard asked how the commandos where and you replied with the truth on how you hadn't seen them for while "I haven't saw many people from the war if I'm going to be truthful" he admitted taking another bite out of his burger "most of them women ?" You smirked "very funny" he shook his head but a small smile fell on his face he looked back to you a small smudge of ketchup on the corner of your lip "Y/N ?" He said still smiling "yeah" you looked up just finishing your burger "you've got some ketc" he stopped leaning over the table wiping it from the corner of your mouth "ohh" you grinned you cheeks tinted with pink "you didn't tell me how much of slob you've gotten" he joked making you smile more.

You and Howard both finished your meal placing money on the table just as you placing you gloves on Howard lifted from his seat you looked up to see the same waitress signalling him over you continued to place your gloves on before heading outside.

You heard the door open behind you followed by Howard zipping up his jacket properly to stop the cold from hitting him he now stood beside you your hands nearly touching you began to walk forward back to the cabin "where are you going ?" He asked you a few steps in front of him "We're going home aren't we ?" You stopped turning to face the man "but it's only" he pauses checking his watch "6pm" he looked back up to you frankly you didn't know what he was getting at until he looked the other way and then started walking "Howard you can't just walk off" you told the man now getting further away from you "if you like you can come with me but if not go back to the cabin" he shouted still walking you looked in the other direction the way to the cabin then to Howard.

"So you decided to join" he smiled staring down at you "I'm only doing this so you don't get killed and I get blamed" you warned smoothing you hair out from the light jog you done to catch up with him "sure" he smirked he paused looking at you "do you think I could go it on a date ?" He asked you leaving you to look to him "like say if I got asked and as your hostage would I be able to go on a dat ?" He asked smirking at the last bit fucking Cassidy you thought to yourself "sure I mean just be careful but sure" you answered "thanks" he grinned "and your not my hostage" you hit his arm "I believe when I'm aloud to collect wood by myself" he smirked again "so where are you going ?" You questioned him "you'll find out when we get there" he told you stopping and looking up to the sign on the shop "stay out here I'll be 5 minutes max" he said walking in the shop coming out 5 minutes later with two pair of skates "them ones are your" handing you the smaller pair of skates Howard began walking once again leaving you too follow him close behind until you reached a lake not too far from the village.