Are You Sure ? - Chapter 40

You finally reached the cabin heading straight for the sofa and grabbing the blanket folded harshly over the arm. You wrapped the blanket around you hoping to provide some extra warmth to your now exhausted and freezing body. Howard finally walked through the door finding you still in his jacket and your soaked clothes wrapped in blanket on the sofa "for such a smart lady you would think she would go remove her soaking clothes" he stated staring at you pulling a face at him "and into some warm ones" he held his hands in defence "I can't move" you finally let out    "What do you mean you can't move" Howard asked heading over to the logs setting up the fire "I can't feel my body I- I'm exhausted" your full body became heavy and achy " alright well you lay their and I'll go get you some dry clothes and warm blankets" Howard finished staring the fire and heading straight upstairs.

"Here" he handed you over the clothes and throwing the blanket beside you "can you move ?" He asked "sort of" you give him a small smile "that's a shame I thought I was going to get to peel your wet clothes off you" he smirked walking into the kitchen leaving you wordless "shout me back in when your finished" he echoed from the other room. You slowly made your way up to sitting your limbs still heavy and achy making you take your time to get changed. "You can come back in" you called poorly laying back down and wrapping yourself in more blankets "I do believe your so ill" Howard explained throwing more logs into the fire "impossible I don't get ill" you fired back snuggling your head into the layers of blankets "whatever you say" he stood back up walking upstairs.

You began to drift in and out of sleep before Howard returned back down stairs he leaned down to you "Hey Y/n" he whispered "huh" you mange to let out still sleepy "Are you okay if I go on this date ?" He asked still in shush tone "yeah yeah why wouldn't I be" you snuggled your head into your blankets "just with you-" he stopped staring at your face "okay" he smiled tapping your hand with his he headed to the door "be careful" you shouted out to the man making him turn to your sleep self slowly drifting back asleep making him leave with a grin on his face.

You awoke again about 15 minutes later your running nose disallowing you to get any more sleep your minded drifted to Howard and his nurturing ways and then you drifted to how your life would have been if you had just asked Howard on a date or you actually realised your feeling for him earlier maybe you could have been in a happy relationship maybe even married or have children together instead of betraying your job to protect an enemy of the state.Your grin now faltered realising why Howard wasn't here it wasn't as though he loved you he made that clear at his engagement and so did you maybe you both were just meant to be friends maybe that what yous had to be.

You picked up the book which Howard must had laid beside you before he left and began to read the time passed not long about another 10 minutes before the door swung open you looked over your hand now heating up the blue glow surrounding your finger tips a hooded figure slammed the door shut blocking out the whirling snow and blasting cold from outside "you'll never guess how hard it is to get back up here in the snow" you heard that all to familiar warm voice spring to your ears he pulled his hood down now unzipping his jacket pulling a brown bag out "Howard ?" You said questioning the man in front of you "glad to see your doing better" he grinned "what are you doing back I mean I haven't been on many dates but you've been about 30 minutes" you asked him sinking back down into your layers of blankets "ahh been timing me have you"he joked taking off his jacket and shoes and heading over to the sofa lifting your feet before placing them back on his lap and handing you over a tub and a wooden spoon you open the tub to see some soup you stared for couple of moments before hearing Howard "well eat up I didn't just travel in the cold with that burning against my chest for you to leave it go cold"he finished not looking up but instead focusing on his own soup "thank you" was all you said to the man which made him turn giving you a small smile before eating.

"So what happened to your date did she cancel ?" You asked "yeah sort of" he said staring at his soup in fact he cancelled on her to come and give you soup and check that your okay but he never tell you that "hmmm okay"you nodded eating your soup after a few moments you heard Howard slurping "don't slurp" you scolded him nudging him with your feet "what" he turned to you his brows furrowed "we're you raised in a barn ?"you asked "no the lower east side of New York" he replied back "yeah well I've met your parents and I know your mother never taught you to slurp your food like that" you answered back leaving the man to chuckle "how are you feeling ?" Howard asked placing his now empty bowl beside him "much better thank you for the soup" you smiled almost finishing it "I've got to get the recipe for that soup" he smiled.

"What did she say to you ?" Yous were intrigued by the girl who turned down the famous playboy billionaire "she just said she couldn't do tonight and apologised" he cleared his throat "then what did you say ?" You finished up your soup "I just said don't worry she obviously asked to reorganise it" he shot his head back dramatically "of course" you scoffed "but I told her I was heading home tomorrow" he finished "bet you've pulled that line on plenty of women" you expressed "only a few" Howard smirked his full body now facing you and his arm resting on the sofa "do you plan on coming back to New York ?"you blurted out "yeah why ?" He asked his brows now in his familiar furrowed state "just wondering" you looked down at your empty bowl "don't tell me you've missed me" he smiled teasing you "missed you before holding a gun to you head I hadn't saw you for 2 years nearly I think I could mange a few more months without you" you barked "wow" Howard breathed lifting up picking up your bowl and his and heading to the kitchen you realise how harsh that sentence was "I guess if you didn't miss you wouldn't miss these warm cozy blankets I provided you ever so generously with earlier" he reached over snatching away the blankets with a grin "no Howard come on" you felt the small ache still in your bones "nah I've heard your cruel and hallow words your cold self won't need these" he joked trying to grab as many as possible "Howard" you called struggling to fight back and playing tug of war with the man on the other side of the sofa "nah I'm taking these back upstairs with me and be expecting that fire right there to be out" he smirked holding on the blankets "give me them back" you delivered a final tug pulling Howard over the sofa and on top of you "ahhh" was all you let out from the man falling on top of you he lifted his head a familiar smile on his face "you know I wouldn't complain being on top of you any other time" he smirked leaving you punch him gently "ohhh Howard get off" you finally let out a laugh he rolled of you and onto the floor letting out a heavy breath.

"I'm gonna head to bed" he announced lifting up "ohhh okay" you looked to him your smile slowly fading "goodnight Paris" he smiled heading up the stairs "goodnight Stark" you added hearing is footsteps head up the stairs a small break in the middle. You laid down into your blankets trying to find some comfort you turned trying to find sleep before you felt someone lift your feet up "it's freezing up there even colder then you words" Howard smiled to you "shut up and lay down" you smirked in relief "alright alright you sound desperate for me to get into bed with you" he grinned earning a small kick from you leaving Howard to chuckle you rested you feet back down feeling Howard bare skin "oh god please say you have clothes on ?" You muttered loudly "i have pants on" he reassured "great" you sighed "what you prefer me with them off ?" He joked hearing you sigh before then filling your ears yet again a with his deep chuckle.

*AUTHORS NOTE*

HELLO guys hope you all have been having a nice time and enjoying everything and hey I sorta uploaded on time :)  but once again guys thank yous all really for everything I love your comments and seeing you voted  and that you've read my little story I've been writing and ohhh the added to your lists honestly make me grin I love you guys xxx