I'll See You Soon - Chapter 23

It had been a week since you quit your job working for Howard he was kind enough to let you stay at the house but today was the day you set off to meet the commandos at Brooklyns SSR base.

"I will not forget you Miss Paris" Jarvis said putting your bags in the trunk "calm down I'm not going on a suicide mission Mr Jarvis" you stated "I'm unsure about that from what I've heard and experienced it feels and looks like one" he said shutting the trunk "I did always wonder and if you don't mind me asking why did you leave the army ?" You asked Mr Jarvis him staring at you unsurely "honourable discharge" he smiled "ohhh well thank you for your service" yous said heading in the car waiting for Mr Jarvis to sit in "well what are you waiting for" you said looking out the window "ohh I'm not driving you Miss Paris Mr Stark is" he smiled "Hello Mr Jarvis lovely bright sky today" he smiled patting Jarvis on the back "I do agree sir" he said looking towards him. Howard now sat in the car turning the engine key "Miss Paris"Jarvis called "yes" you said turning to face him "see you soon" he smiled "see you soon Mr Jarvis" you grinned.

The drive was quiet apart from the subtle sound of music fading in the back you sat staring out the window not knowing what to say or do Howard just focusing on driving staring forward with a hand on the wheel and the other rested on his thigh.You both had barely spoke to each other since he signed your work paper to leave the role as his assistant it was the silence that bothered you about this ride the tension was awful but it was put aside you never liked silence between you and Howard if there was silence it would be comforting or unknown but this silence was what you hated the most the silence where there was something to be spoke about but both of you didn't know what that thing was.

"Two years" Howard said sighing "what" you turned facing him "2 years you have worked with me" he furthered "ohhh" a soft smile on your face "was it a good two years ?" You asked "yeah it was a nice two years" he answered "who knows after this war is done I'll come and be of your assistance again" you commented "who said i haven't got a new assistant by then" he returned turning and raising a brow to you "who you gonna get that's better then me" you joked putting your hands on your chest leaving Howard to chuckle "I don't think you can find another assistant that doesn't want to have sex with you"you retorted "like you didn't" he smirked "like you can't say the same the first time you met me you try to butter me up" you said "yeah but I'm known for my ways" he joked smiling at you "I couldn't anyway" he spoke again "it would feel wrong to have anyone else fixing my equation and then boast about it in front of me" he added to which you let a small laugh "Jarvis sure miss you so will Ana"he said "yeah well I'm sure Steve and James will get sick of me" you confessed "I doubt that they will your great company" he reassured you "Steve might not but James definitely will" you responded "no he won't" he spoke in a soft joking tone turning to you once again staring at your face for a while "James is a real good man unlike most... he'll never get sick of you" he assured  smiling down at you he stared for a bit longer expecting a response from you but instead all you did was let your head fall on his arm and that's were it stayed for the rest of the ride.

The car stopped you were there at the compound this is were you and Howard parted not knowing the next time yous would meet "we're here" he announced resting both his hands on his lap "I guess we are" you lifted up and smiled at him "Be careful will yah" he smiled nervously "I will" you grinned back "you be careful too I don't want a letter saying your in hospital from a failed invention" you giggled "I'll try" he chuckled. "Looks like someone's saw you" he said motioning his head out of the window you turned to see James waving at you "there's the Sargent" you joked heading out the car Howard doing the same.

He opened the trunk and grabbing out your bags you heard James from behind "Stark how are you" he greeted picking up 2 off your bags "I'm good how bout you Sargent"he smiled "never better"he grinned "look after this one will you"he smiled "I'll do my very best"James answered walking back to the base "I'll see you soon Stark" you said with a saddened smile "I'll see you soon Paris" he added back he stood there quietly unsure until you embraced him in a hug a tight loving hug "I'll Miss you Howard" you whispered in his ear "I'll miss you too"he answered back you let go walking off to the base to stand with James turning round and waving to Howard who was now in the drivers seat. A small smile and wave back was what you got from Howard.

He watched you walk inside with James then resting his head onto the wheel leaving it there for a few seconds before turning to the side and seeing a small note written on "Look in the glove compartment x" he smiled to himself opening the glove compartment to be greeted with a small brown box opening it so see a watch with a piece of paper he open the paper "I know I'm not here right now but I'm still here with you in time x" he smiled to himself once again picking up the watch seeing a small arrow pointing to a button saying Press me he did as written the back of the watch flipping to a photo of Y/N and him stood next to a motor bike laughing he done it again a photo of Y/N,him and Peggy in the SSR base he done it again a photo of you,Jarvis and ana at dinner and again a photo of him and you in the lab working on the super solider machine he smiled to himself each photo that appeared he knew you must have worked on this for while so he knew you had the idea to leave for a while he stared forward until he started the engine up and drove home.

Wondering the next time you two would meet.

*Authors Note*

Hiya beautiful people a new chapter it is late
I know I'm sorry again yous should know my broken promise by now ✌️😗 I'm thankful for all your reads and votes and comments they make me smile and laugh all the time I love you all xxx