Diner Disscussions - Chapter 22

"I've gotta admit I'm glad you agreed to come"James said with a grin "well I wouldn't want to pass up on an opportunity with my favourite Sargent" you countered "I'm pretty sure I'm the only Sargent you know" he said with a small smirk looking down at you "I'll never revel that information" you laughed earning a chuckle from James.

Entering the small diner you waved and smiled at Madge earning a strange look from James "oh it's Madge i always speak to her" you smiled "you been here before like ?" He asked heading to a booth "of course I've been here it's actually where I met golden boy Steve" you said with a smirk to James "hmmm I thought a doll like yourself wouldn't come to a local dinner" he grinned "you do realise I grew up in Ohio barely getting by with my mothers awful seamstress wage and my fathers payments from the war" you explained to him "also it was my first week in New York and I was hungry I had no idea where or what anything was and the outside of this place was so dazzling and it was illuminated with big dazzling words spelling out diner and I just came straight in and ate and let me tell you some of the best food I've tasted" you laughed "hmmm seems like you made a amazing choice" he smirked "so what are you doing up in New York"you asked him "I thought I come and visit my favourite doll" he flirted giving you a puppy dog stare "is that what you say to all your dolls" you questioned placing your hands on the table leaning forward "no just the ones who are female scientists" he smirked leaning forward to you "hmmm and how many female scientists have you met" you smiled "just the one" he said in a playful tone.

"so what would you two like"Madge asked "urmmm can I have a burger with a side of chips and strawberry milkshake please " James requested "I'll have the same please but a chocolate milkshake instead" you smiled "no problem love birds" she gleamed walking of to the counter "chocolate?" James asked now leaning back his arm rested over the seat "yes chocolate why ?" You smirked "nothing I just didn't take you as a chocolate kind maybe a banana but not a chocolate" he answered "you have a strange way of judging people James" you laughed "hey I wasn't judging" he raised his hands in defence "fine but back to my other question what are you really doing in New York " you asked again "what you didn't believe the first time I told you" he said pulling a defensive face "fine I came here to see you that bits true but also I was bored with temporary break and with Steve being all Captain America" he shrugged "and anyway I had already ready woohed all the ladies there" he smirked to which you just laughed "no but seriously I came to see you I was lucky that you were even in New York"he added "what do you mean I'm always in New York"you said "that's not what your butler says" he smirked crossing his arms "my butler" you stopped thinking "ohhh Mr Jarvis" you caught on "I'll have to have a word with him when I'm home on why he keeps telling you I'm not in New York" you said knitting your brows.

You and James chatted some more until your food came "thank you very much " you said with a smile to Madge "don't worry about it dear enjoy your date here with lover boy" she smiled "and you you be careful young man" she said pointing he pen at James. "I don't think I've ever been so terrified" he said laughing earning a smirk from you "is that what you do huh make friends with old ladies who threaten men" he smirked "there the best people to be friends with" you laughed eating a fry "well I don't blame you on that" he smiled you continued to eat laughing about stupid stuff until you both finished and we're left down to your milkshakes "so what are missions like" you asked "huh oh there okay I guess what can they be apart from missions yah know you don't wanna do them but you have to"he said twirling the straw of his milkshake "sound depressing" you said sipping your milkshake which earned a laugh from Bucky "such a way with words" he smirked leaning his head back "do you know what would be better if you came on them with us" he said turning to you "I'm starting to think the only reason I was invited here was to get indoctrinated to join your little Captain America gang" you said "it wasn't but come on I know you a trained agent"he said smirking at you "how do you know that" you asked with a intrigued smile "Steve Rodgers has a big mouth" he smirked "fine I'm a trained agent thats not gonna do any help" you said "do I look like a trained agent dose Dum Dum or Montgomery no we're far from it so imagine you on the field come on Y/N you know your made for more than being labelled as the woman who helped build the super solider machine" he said looking at you "fine I'll do it but if one of yous die I'm blaming myself" you said pointing at him "no one has died yet and I plan to keep it that way doll" he smirked.

James payed for the food like the gentleman he was and yous to headed out talking about your childhood and teenage years finally arriving back at the mansion "this is we're I leave you I guess" he smirked "I guess" you smiled "I'll see you soon James please be careful" you said kissing him on the cheek to which he grinned like a goof " I will be doll don't you worry" he said kissing your forehead "see you soon James" you said heading into the mansion he waved walking off. That was way better then you imagined you thought sporting a toothy grin at least those thoughts of Howard's have retreated to back where ever they came from now it was time for you to deal with ...

"Mr Jarvis" you called from the kitchen "yes Miss Paris what would you like" he said walking in seeing you holding his tea cup set "see here this is your 1640s tea cup set right" you asked "yes that's correct Miss Paris but what does that have a matter to you" he asked gulping "you se wove just been on a date with Sargent James Barnes and he told me when ever he phones you answer and always tell him I'm out the city but last time I remember I haven't been out the city for the last 3 months so I suggest you tell me why before I accidentally push the tea set on the floor" you said picking up a cup "Miss Paris this is completely unreasonable I have no idea what Mr Barnes is going in about" he said "1" you counted "this is absurd"he said "2" you added "you wouldn't" he answered "3" you said dropping the tea cup "wait no I'll tell" he blubbered holding out his hands "that's what I suggested" you said bring the tea cup back up with your other hand "Mr Stark told me not let Mr Barnes answer through"he explained "Did he" you muttered placing the tea cup back on the tray walking off leaving mr Jarvis run over to the tray "thank you Jarvis and I'm sorry I would never actually smash your tea set there too beautiful" you added leaning back into the room before heading to the lab.

"Howard" you called heading down the stairs "yeah what would you like" he said chewing at a pencil "what I would like is for you to tell me why you stopped Sargent Barnes calls coming through"you said standing in-front of his desk
"What do you mean ?" He questioned "ohhh come on I'm not doing this with you too I'm sure I'll find something that is worth what Mr Jarvis Tea set means to him for you" you said sitting on a chair "a tea set is that what he sold me out for"he said turning round to face you "I never stopped his calls from coming through"he said "you did" you countered "no I never"he argued "just tell me why and I'll stop" you explained "i didn't like him" he said "you didn't like him Howard it doesn't matter if you didn't like him he asked for me" you protested annoyed by Howard's words "he was only asking for you so he could try and get you to join there little commandos crew" he accused "well maybe I did want to join" you suggested "well if you joined them then you wouldn't be here would you and you would have to give up your job with me" he complained "well I have joined Howard So I guess I will have to give up this job" you confessed "what" he asked in disbelief "James asked me to join and I said yes why shouldn't I have I don't wanna be known as the woman who was shot at the super serum program" you argued "your not gonna be the woman who was shot at the super serum program your gonna be know as Y/N Paris the famous scientist who helped build the Machine for the super soldier your gonna be known as the woman who worked beside Howard stark and you'll be known for the greater stuff you do in the future"he said standing up from his chair "no I won't Howard I won't be known as that" you hissed " so is that it your just gonna quit run off with James to fight hydra" he jeered      "I was already fight hydra we are all already fighting hydra I'm just doing it up close now instead of hiding pretending to be in on the action" you spat.

"Fine" he reposed  signing a piece of paper and slamming it in the desk.

*Authors Note*

Hiya Everyone hope yous have enjoyed this chapter it was a bit sweet and then a bit disoriented but thank you all for the votes and read and all the beautiful,funny and amazing comments you give me on this story they make me smile and laugh I love to respond to them all and as always I'm so thankful for you all and again I love yous xxxx