Back Home - Chapter 42

Walking through the Griffiths doors you had a sight to see Angie waiting for Peggy who was being interviewed by Miriam. "She finally agreed to join this place" you said making Angie aware of your presence "Y/N" Angie looked to you in excitement hugging you "how have you been ?" Not giving you time to answer "I heard you went to Alaska how was it ? You know I had friend who went she said it was awfully cold re bitter cracked her lips but the sights were beautiful" she finished to which you grinned "it was great Angie thank you for asking how have you been ?" You asked the woman who was looking back to Peggy "I've being doing great I have an audition soon so hopefully I'll catch a acting job"she rolled her yes making you chuckle "how's she doing ?" You signalled your head to Peggy who looked like she was getting told of by a teacher  "she should be fine as long as she acts like woman from the 1800s" Angie joked  both looking to Peggy who was now smiling sweetly to Miriam.

"I hope they have some interesting paper work" you joked "I don't why you were out baby sitting Howard I've been running round barely catching a break" she laughed "well how bout I take some of your paper work I get my done fast anyway" you smiled "because of  being Starks secretary ?"
She question smiling "old habits" you smirked. "Carter,Paris" you heard Chief Cooley call you two over to the 3 men mumbling over photos you stared to Peggy stood beside you nudging her when her anxiety shown on her face "settle a bet for us" Chief grabbed the picture "that Joe DiMaggio ?" He asked turning it around Peggy's face lit up in relief "I don't follow boxing" she smiled playing it dumb "leaving chief Cooley to laugh pulling the picture out of his hand you took a closer look "hmm no it doesn't seem to be him" you muttered looking up seeing jack grin "I told you Carter wouldn't know who DiMaggio was ?" Jack sighed "I still think it's him" Cooley walked off grinning "believe me I think I'd know if I was in the same room as Joe DiMaggio" jack raised his hand "how do you figure ?" Cooley called "you would sense the presence" you smirked seeing jack handing money to Sousa leaving your face to drop "you bet against me how'd you be sure ?" Peggy raised her brow "I wasn't that's why they call it gambling" Sousa smirked "did you catch anything else ?" You butted in staring down at the photos layer out on yeh table "nothing definitive couple shots of the blonde but she really know how to duck a camera not one clear shot of her face" he explained "tough break" Peggy breathed out "nobody's lucky forever I'll find her" he said staring at the photos.

"Did you that rattling last night outside ?" You asked Peggy starting to eat your breakfast "yes" Peggy answered staring at the newspaper "great now I know I haven't went insane" you continued with your meal "morning girls" molly the blonde haired part time nanny who was one of your was now sitting beside Peggy "someone had a late night" Peggy commented leaving you to stop eating and stare "what time did the cat drag you out" Julia snarked with a grin "let's just say I didn't exactly get dragged out" molly grinned leaving you pat your mouth "molly you didn't" Angie warned "what can I say Jimmy is very persuasive" she giggled "and very nimble" Peggy added "yeah next time he comes up the pipe tell him to be quieter I though I was going insane" you advised the blonde girl giving her a toothy grin "that's if there is a next time" Angie muttered "you gotta a guy Peggy ?" Julia asked "I'm afraid I'm married to my work at the moment" Peggy informed "what about Mr fancy ?" Angie questioned finishing up buttering her toast "who's that ?" You asked raising your brow to Peggy "yah know the guy I've seen around the automat nice suit,nice car,nice shoulders" she smiled "oh no he urmmm he's just a work colleague" Peggy cleared her throat "ohh so he's yours" Angie pointing her toast to you the question made you giggle "no I like them tall dark and handsome" you grinned "don't we all" Julia added "well we better getting going Y/N we don't want to be late" Peggy nudged you leaving you to place you napping which was rested on your lap onto the table "good day ladies early birds and all that" pushing your chair out to leave "Ohh Miss Carter, Miss Paris please sit this will only take a moment" Mariam said he cheeks redder with too much rouge today "In 1925 the great Harry Houdini performed at this very building" Miriam announced "oh Houdini that's never good" you sipped the tea yous er just about to leave "many women stood spellbound and watched as he escaped from hand cuffs, straitjackets and chamber trunks" you eyes were now pointed to to molly who face said it all "but the one trick he could not pull of was ascending the stairs" leaving her hand to point to the stairs "it's a simple rule ladies no men above the first floor" he eyes now dug into Molly who head remind down staring at the table "Molly bone please go to your room and pack your things" everyone looked to the poor blonde she stood up tears threatening to prick her eyes "Miss Fry please" she let out "I hope you hand a splendid evening because it will be your last at the Griffith" the old woman's voice filled with spite pointing her callous hands to the door leaving molly to quickly rush out "let her be an example for the rest of you this institution is not unlike Fort Knox or Alcatraz whether by forced or trickery this building is impenetrable" Miriam now stood behind Angie chair and her eyes focused on you as though those words were aimed at you. "Pfft can you believe that" Angie finally let out a breath "I don't actually no building is impenetrable" Peggy got up grabbing her jacket which was your signal to leave to.