I've Saw You Once Before...-Chapter 30

*1931*

It was a gloomy day out in New York but even so the boy now stood at his door his ma urging him to put a coat on he just dismissed her with a kiss on the cheek telling her he'll be back for dinner just 12 blocks to go and he'll be there and then the sky rumbled he looked up the sky we're grey and begun to leak it was on small raindrops so he allowed it and kept walking forward but then it got heavier and the heap of books in his hand started to get darker the boy after fast placing them under his shirt and running as far and fast as he could but he only mange to reach 8 blocks before he got tired he stood under the closes shelter panting checking again to see if the books had any damage none but a few rain drops he could cause damage to these books his family didn't have the money to pay them back if he did he regained his breath and wondered out onto the streets running hoping to get there before his shirt soaks through finally he saw the old wooden doors which outline the place he was so frequent to visit.

"Ahhhh hello Mister"the old woman smiled "hi Mrs Doreen I've came to return these books along side pick up someone new ones" he grinned placing the heaps of books on the desk "ahhh safe keeping from the rain smart thinking" she smiled "I'll run them through the system go and sit yourself down dry off" she spoke in concern "okay thank you very much Mrs Doreen" the boy wondered off grabbing books that best suit his interest sitting at a secluded table really he could sit at any the full place was secluded just him and Mrs Doreen the library keeper not many people are keen to visit the library on a Saturday morning time past quickly as it normally did

"Excuse me"he looked up readjusting his glasses to see a small girl stood in front of him her hair in pigtails and her hands behind her back "may I please borrow that book right there beside you" she requested politely he looked beside him "intermediate chemistry ?" He mumbled "yeah sure" he passed the book over "thank you very much" she smiled "do you mind if I sit with you I'll be quiet I'm by myself and two people are better then one" she spoke incredibly fast "yeah sure you can sit down"he smiled "thank you again" she sat opposite to him opening the book after a few moments she looked up to the boy "are you okay ?" He asked his eyes still on the book "urmm I don't know your name ?" She spoke with a sheepish smile "my names is Walter" he answered lying it wasn't fully a lie as that was his middle name he just didn't want to give a random stranger his name "mines Y/N" she held out her hand "well you have to shake my hand you always shake a persons hand especially if you're wanting to be a big business man" she smiled "how did-" he looked beside him to the books which were related to how to be a good businessman "ahhh" he smiled.

After a few moments the boy removed his glasses rubbing his eyes to then place them back on pushing his glasses up from the centre "why don't you take them off ?" She asked "cause I need to be able to read " He answered her silly questions "have you ever tried to read without them ?" She asked another question "why would I try and read without them I've needed glasses my whole life"he explained "well you eyes seem pretty sore you might have outgrown your glasses and beside you look handsome with no glasses on" she explained a small smirk on her lips at the ending sentence "that is the stupidest thing I've heard" he looked back up "fine" she turned her head back to the book after a few moments of quiet she leant back on the chair her eyes looking under the table "I like your pants" she smiled but the boy thought she was being mean as he usual got picked on for his dress sense so he just ignored the comment "although I would have worn black a belt then you would look even cooler and you wear suspenders I like suspenders they make people look very professional" she smiled Howard just grinned back she reached over to his face he blushed for a moment to how close she came to him but it was quickly gone and replaced with furrowed brows as she stole his glasses "my dad had glasses but now he has a eye patch he done the exact same thing with the tape in the middle" she went off again "do you live round here ?" He asked "just I've never saw you at school or even anywhere for that matter" he went into further detail "no I live in Another state with my mother but we can down for my aunties birthday " you smile holding the boys glasses up "you suit no glasses it gives you a mischievous look but in a good way" she smiled "right well can-" before he could finish a shout was heard and the girl in front of him jumped.

"Y/N MARIA PARIS" he assumed this was the girls mother "what do you think your doing running off like that do you know how worried I was- who's glasses are they ?" You mother stopped abruptly "urmmm mine ma'am" she turned to see the small boy behind her "give this boy his glasses back Y/N you don't just take things" the woman shouted the girl handed other the glasses quickly "I'm so sorry about that come on we're going back to your aunties" the girls mother exclaimed "can I please grab some books ?" She asked "what books are you grabbing exactly ?" She sighed with an eye roll "just some chemistry,physics and engineering" she tried to butter up her mother "i don't see why your wasting all your time on this when your a girl Y/N you know fine well women who get into men's work don't get anywhere" she explained not in a disapproving or disappointing way more in a protective I'm telling the truth way "i know mom but we will just have to see" the girl smiled skipping away into the filled book shelves.

Once again the same boy now a older with his ruffled hair and glasses free walked to the library like he always done smiling and winking at dames who walked past earning a giggle and doe eyed flutter from each one he was 18 something his parents never expected him to live this long with all the dangerous experiments he done "hello Mrs Doreen how are you today" he smiled resting on the desk "I'm doing great Howard like every other day you ask me how are you ?" She smiled "I'm doing good I've just sent my letter in for university" he gleamed "oh that's fantastic news I'm sure you'll get in" she grinned "I hope so" he said with a nervous giggle "well when you come back home for a break tell me how the library's are"she giggled "trust me no library will beat this one" he smiled to the old woman "always a charmer" she laughed the library had no one in as per usual so he sat in his usual spot studying away he decided to grab a different book feeling as though the heap he had beside him wasn't enough and he need one more.

Engineering...engineering is what the familiar girl on the other side of the book shelf was had been looking for the past 20 minutes she had read plenty of them almost all but they were still some that had been left unread some knowledge that she could use.

Howard was searching for chemical type books books which taught the reader the property's and understanding of how powerful it is it just so happened to the that the chemical and engineering section were back to back one another ... but he found the book he needed and sat down he was back to studying away.

Another 10 minutes passed and he picked up on the conversation taking place not hearing it before being to engrossed in his notes "Thanks Mrs Doreen I'll see you when I see you" the girl smiled "bye Y/N dear" the old women waved at that moment Howard turned around recognising the name but all he saw was her curls swing as she left the door in a preppy manner he shook his head and went back to studying.

*Authors note*

Right this is a complete different style that in normally write so it maybe be bad I was going on a sort of frisk yah know but I found this idea cute and I wanted to put it in as a what if... I didn't know if I was going to get this out in time because I've been ill for the past 3 days so I was a bit worrying but I feel better now so hopefully it goes away completely cause then that would just be fantastic so I hope that yous enjoy this chapter and also thank you all for reading and voting and leaving kind comments I really appreciate it I love yous xxx