Men Or Boys - Chapter 27

"Ready boys" Mortia shouted "aye" yous all balled back "if there's a beautiful dame walking your way" he sang "what do you say ?" He said pointing Jaques "oh hey pretty lady how do you do"his french accent now thicker "what does she says" Dum Dum kicked "I'm doing great but hey I'm the bait"you sang "what did she say" James sung "did you hear that right joe"Gabe deepened his voice in a joke "did she say she was the bait ?" Montgomery jumped in "ohhh that's right boys she may be great" Steve joined "but I'm the bait" you continued "for those damm Nazi Bastards" you all shouted ending in deep chuckles and laughs. "For our second night I may say we've done great so far" Gabe joined in "we've traveled through Switzerland borders through Italy border to just 30 miles way from Austrian Alps mile behind in three months so well done boys" Steve smiled folding the map back up.

You sat at the the small log area you guys had mange to set up without too much fuss you were polishing the guys guns you got it as punishment for losing a game of cards which Dum Dum cheated at all the boys had gone to bed all expect one.

He came and sat beside you picking up a gun and some polish "bit too slow for my liking" he said smirking "what that's suppose to mean" you grinned "you know what I mean" he laughed polishing the gun "I'll help you that way you wont be finished by tomorrow morning"he commented "I'm not that slow James"you furrowed you brows he just smiled about a hour passed and the shift in mood changed and you thought it was time to bring up the topic you've wanted to talk about since your last mission "Can I ask you a stupid question before we go on this mission"you said turning to Bucky."Shoot away doll"he said polishing his gun."not literally we need all the artillery we can get" he grinned at his dumb joke leaving you shake your head with a smile."It's not really a question more of a promise" you explained he wasn't looking at you but you dated right at him "if we're all on a mission and you have to kill me wether I've asked or you've been commanded promise me you do it"you said a pleading look in your eyes."What" he asked staring at you blankly."You have to promise me James if it saves you or save Steve or anyone else promise me you do it" you said grabbing his hand "you have to they're either going to use me for a life I don't wanna live a life of tourture and murder of innocent people living as a prisoner or use me to kill yous as a sick trap" you said a tighter grip on his hand."Doll you can't ask me to do something like that "James said staring into your eyes no tears formed it you could see the hurt in a such a question you've asked "I know you don't want to but you are the only one who loves me to understand why you have to you have to do it Steve couldn't he is too patriotic" you let out a small brief grin trying to lighten the conversation "but please promise me" you stared at him.you didn't hear a reply you just got a hand in your hair and kiss on the head.

Bucky Barnes wasn't a man of words he may say the cheesy but charming line but when it came to sincerity and seriousness he froze up unable to answer whatever the topic is about you noticed this about him from the past year you knew him he was a man of truth, love and joy never a man of pain,grief and hurt he never could be.

You woke up to the smell of smoke you heard yawning so you just assumed it was Jaques biting logs he always got up earlier then everyone since you were wide awake you mays well go outside and see him. "Ahhh if it isn't the most beautiful woman in the howling commandos"Jaques smiled "I'm the only woman in the commandos" you grinned "not true you have Dum Dum" he grinned "what are you doing up so early you need your sleep" he commented in a sort of father tone "once I wake up I can never get back to sleep" you answered "what are you doing up ?" You asked "I always wake up early I like to the sun reminds me of my village back in France"he said poking at the fire "I'm sorry to tell you this but the sun goes everywhere" you joked "no no no in my village they was a these beautiful hills with long and wide meadows on they remind me of something out of the imagination of a painter and on the morning if yous okie up early enough and we're able to get to the hill on time you could see the most stunning view of the sun rising it was breathtaking" he explained holding a small smile to the memory "that sounds amazing" you grinned "I've always wanted to visit France mainly Paris as it's the capital go to the top of the Eiffel Tower" you smiled "well maybe after all this lover boy will take you" Jaques said still poking at the fire " I doubt it he be taking some other girl now" you sighed "who else would Barnes take ?"Jaques looked up with a grin "his mother" you laughed at the joke hoping he hadn't caught on to what you said but by his smug face he had.

After a while all the boys had woke up all sat round the fire "Right guys are we ready were heading up the Alps we haven't got much time" Dum Dum expressed placing the sleeping bad in his bag "everyone ready and got everything make sure you leave nothing behind "Steve "yes Mr Rodgers now can I please get on the school bus so I can visit the museum" James joked "do yous any my permission slip from my mom " you asked to which Steve just rolled his eyes with a grin "why do we need be there for again ?" Jaques asked.

"To catch a train" you answered.

*Authors Note*

Wellllll.... Hiya beuts all looking mighty fine sorry for not uploading I've been really busy once again but I promise to get more on track and at least upload once a week but I hope yous are all having a lovely time just living and shit I also can't believe we're at 30k reads eeee I love you guys so much and again I love all your comments there absolute gems and just make me smile all the time aswell as you little library's whenever I see your titles for them I love it but honestly thank you guys so much for reading my writing that has really bad grammar and punctuation and some shitty storyline love yous cxxx