Preparations-Chapter 7

*1941 NYC*

*2 weeks later*

"Y/N hand me that screw driver would yah."You picked up the screw driver dangling it infront of howard "what do you say"You raised your brow howard lifted up his welding mask "are you being serious just give it so I can tighten this" he said holding out his hand with an annoyed expression on his face "your not getting this until you say the magic words"."I swear to god if you dont hand me that screw driver I'll take it off you myself"."oh will you now" Howard jolted forward ready to grab it but you was already 2 steps infront of him and you moved to the side making howard fall to the floor "arghhhh" howard said rubbing the back of his head while you try to let out "are you okay" but being stopped by your giggling you held out your hand letting Howard grab it to help him up but instead he pulled you down to be on top of him you let out a squeak making howard burst into laughter you shortly joining him."hem hem i am not intruding am i" just as howard was about to say yes you stood up bright in the face as howard turned leaning on one arm "no not at all jarvis I was just teaching Howard some basic manners"you smiled dusting down your dress "Please can you get out jarvis see I am already learning"Howard said giving a passive aggressive smile leaning back on the floor."very rude and impolite but he has made a improvement i have just received a call for you and Mr Stark you have a meeting at 11am tommorow it's to do with project rebirth I believe" he said setting down a tray with coffee on "Thank you very much jarvis"."I shall be seeing you two later at dinner goodbye"Jarvis said making a swift exit out the door "pass me that coffee would you ... please"Howard gave you a smirk.

"So who do you think our super soilder gonna be"You said sipping the coffee with your legs crossed on the chair "It could be anyone really we wont find out till the day of the experiment" howard now sat on the floor leaning his head against the metal table "He"ll be the new golden boy" You said smiling taking another sip "yeah we know and I bet the handsome and heroic man in america" Howard said rolling his eyes "dont be silly you take that one" You said standing up putting her cup of coffee on the tray Howard smiled"you also take the one for the easiest bruised ego"you said smirking his face quickly changing to an annoyed expression.

The pale door opened howard steping through "stressful day sweetie"."just the usual" howard said pouring a drink and strolling over to the young beautiful women sat on the bed taking a sip of the cold whiskey "well why dont I make it better for you" you said grabbing his shirt and pulling him down to the bed "god I love you Y/N"."I love you too howie" you said giggling as you pressed your lips against his.

"Y/N"

Howard jolted awake only to be greeted by his dark cold bedroom he sat up rubbing his face repeating "no no" before jolting himself back to be staring at his ceiling "come on howard she is your assistant just a normal women a women you can easily wooh anytime not that you just want to wooh her you would love to take her on a candle lit dinner date at the top of the Eiffel Tower oh for goodness sake howard stop it"he said turning over digging his head into his pillow and groaning "I fucking hate myself".

"Jarvis do you know where the coffee is"."Top right Cabinet 2 shelf Miss Paris"."Thank you your a life saver" you said retrieving the jar of coffee of the shelf "I do try my best"he said giving a goofy grin."Good morning Howard would you like a coffee ?"You said while pouring coffee into your mug"no I quiet alright thank you" howard said rubbing his face still tired from the night that had just happened."suit yourself then". You said with a smirk about 10 minutes had past and they all finshed eating there breakfast "the car is ready outside Mr Stark and Miss Paris"."thank you jarvis we will be going"howard said getting up from his seat.

It was about 5 minutes into the journey and Howard started tapping his foot nervously you had noticed unknown you was the one causing it you put your lipstick back in your bag and looked at howard seeing him staring out the window onto the busiling streets of NYC.You took a quick glance at him which then turnt into a long gaze seeing his jawline and cheekbones being perfect and the way his hair just looked perfect but effortlessly you moved your hand onto his rubbing your thumb on the back of his hand giving him a reassuring smile he turned to face you giving you a sheepish grin then staring at the car floor somehow you calmed his nerves the ones you had cause you knew how nervous he was first mentioning on the night he gave you a drunken kiss but you had always reassured he was up to it but you still knew he was nervous and afraid he wouldn't be able to do it they remind in this comforting silence untill the car had stopped and they heard Jarvis voice "were here early aswell"."thank you very much jarvis you picking up your bag from out the car walking round and into the building.

"Agent Carter here is a highly trained SSR agents she was based in England but got shipped over here to america for this unit in particular so she will be on stand but most likely caring for whatever man gets turned into project rebirth think of her like a nanny."The Agent rolled her eyes at this comment you noticing stopped in "hmmm no I dont think a nanny I think the only qualified Agent who is skilled enough at protecting our chance of winning this war" You said Agent Carter looking up smirking and then looking back down to hide it"so I guess your Miss Paris Howard Stark Assistant I think your the longest he has had one what are you married mind you that hasn't stopped him in the past" he said nudging howard who just nervously smiled and looked up "No I am not Married cause unlike you Colonel Wright I rather focus myself on my work and not my romantic relations"
You said turning on your heel then sitting at the long table "so would you like to carry on with the business or moan about some pathetic thing that happened on the base ball or at the bar last night" Agent carter looked up at you in shock she couldn't dare say anything like that "you dont have the right to speak to me like that"the old man blurted harshly at you making rise from your seat "actully as a matter of fact I do and can you see you want this war winning and you want it winning by america so your way of winning it is with a super soilder and  i believe we have the other half to that super soilder equation and that is making the machine so the test subject dosnt die and this actully comes out successfully and who else are you going to get to build cause as far as I know there is no other mechanic in the world who is better than Mr stark and as his assistant you need me too so therefore I do have the right to speak definitely when you put me and your other high skilled colleagues down"you said slamming the file on the desk before sitting back down all face were stunned especially howard cause this was the most attractive he had saw you "shall we continue ?" You aksed with a grin toward howard "so starting off with the machine we can ...." the rest of the meeting had passed quiet quickly and everyone was clear how confidential this project was and how much work would be needed to be put into this project for it to actully succeed and create the super soilder who would save america .

*Authors Note💙*

Hope this isnt to late I have just been getting distracted then coming back and doing little pieces at the time but I mean progression right but serious thank you all you lovely people who read this and vote i love writing it for yous anyway bye guys  xxx