Your back - Chapter 45

"Who's the broad ?" The man with cap asked staring at you "my assistant" Jarvis glad the briefcase tighter "a butler with an assistant ?" The skinnier one raised a brow "a business assistant" Jarvis added "alright your lucky your pretty but don't be blabbering" the one with cap winked at you to which you just smiled "you'll get the package when we get the money" the skinny one added Jarvis lifted the suitcase on the table taking a out a wad of cash and throwing it to the man "one grand bills" he smirked "you ever even seen these" he turned to his accomplice "I can assure you that is legal tender and far easier to transport then 50 thousand singles" you slowly nodded at the two men "we would believe you if we saw an extra two hundred of them" he placed the wad down "hey hang on boys that was not the agreed on amount"you chimed in "and how would you know" the skinner one questioned "I know a fair deal when I see one" you answered "I don't care but what I do care about is Mr Mink and he does not a smuggle goods into this country for free Mr Jarvis" he spoke before Jarvis butted in "now the inherent value of any commodity or service should really have no thing Jarvis became quieter as the man with the cap pulled out a gun leaving you to gently move Jarvis behind you and a warm sensation appear in you wrists "you were saying ?" He nodded his head and the skinner one smirked "look 50,000 American dollars that was our understanding" you raised you head "50 was for the delivery the extra hundreds for us to keep my trap shut and I got three guys outside that agree with me" he began to move his hands pointing in opposite directions "I'm incredibly sorry but I can't agree to such pardon my language extortion" Jarvis finished raising his head high to which you turned back glaring at him for his weak words "it's not extortion it's a shake down you could hand me the money or he can hand me the money" he pointed to his buddy beside him "very well I have a further 50,000 in here it's all I have take it or leave it" Jarvis clicked the opening button turning round the case "count it" the man with that hat order his buddy "sorry your counting the random in-front of us ?" Jarvis asked in shock "are we not trusting enough" you quirked you brow "our boss is a very precise man" he shook his head "your manners cease to disappoint" Jarvis dripped the comment in sarcasm just as the man opens the case a green smoke emerged feeling a piece of fabric places over your nose a mouth and Mr Jarvis face dug in your back cloaking his face with you shirts fabric pulling you back quickly the smoke disappeared and before you could do anything to the man he was already on the floor with Peggy stood above him "you two drive a hard bargain" Peggy let a small grin appear.

"Hopefully our package is intact" Jarvis sighed " I would complain if it wasn't" you added earning a glare from Peggy she unlocked the lock sliding the heavy door open to revel Howard playing pool he lifted up a smile now on his face "ahhh if it isn't my favourite foreigners" Jarvis looked at you "he classes anyone born outside New York as foreign" you whisper to which Jarvis just nodded in agreement "did mr mink have his minion black mail you ?" Howard asked "indeed sir" Jarvis placed his head down "you certainly know how to pick your business partners" Peggy judged "well Mr Minks is a greedy black market smuggler sure but he got me back into the country and he's predictable in his greed" he smirked "sounds a lot like someone" you muttered "I like predictable and I like greedy" Howard finished before picking up a whit ball and throwing it with forced behind your head hearing a body fall to the floor leaving you,Jarvis and Peggy to turn "and I was so close to running the table" he shook his head to which you grinned. "We need to move it won't be long till Mr mink sends more goons" you began walking off the clacking of your and Peggy's heels echoing "where you parked Jarvis ?" Howard asked "right out front sir" he turned to Howard and smiled.

Getting in the car Howard slumped down under the window to avoid any notice from others  leaving his knees resting against yours what was suppose to be 30 minute shut eye turned into Howard babbling as per usual "so how are you two getting along ?" Howard directed the question to the two people in the front "Peggy's tried Anas goulash ? Peggy Jarvis know you can do 107 one arm push ups ?" He smirked "Howard you came back to New York City risking notice from every American intelligence agency why ?" Peggy questioned the man "the thrill the excitement the stupidity" you listed options leaving Howard to prod his knees in further to yours a smirk on his face "let's get back to my place we'll have some sherry I'll explain everything" Howard began to try and see out the window "Jarvis stop the car" you let out quickly to which he did "residence is only a block away  what's the matter ?" Jarvis turned to you before you could answer Peggy beat you "that man there waiting for the bus that agent Yow" she pointed "and you see that sadden parked right near that fir hydrating that's agent Henry take a big left" listening to your orders Jarvis turned the car left "there my least known property dummy corporation hold another" Howard explained "and another dummy corporation holds that company" you sighed looking out the window "the only people who know about that property is me, Jarvis, Paris, Lana turner, Jane Russel-" Howard was cut off by your sarcastic mutter of "not many then" and Peggy warning "you do realise our coworker Ray Krzminski was killed why you were out galavanting" Peggy turned back around with a huff " I wasn't galavanting" Howard went to defend before you interjected "they blame you and there out for blood they will find out every single thing about you even undug details that no one knows they have your bank details your records and property all in one file by now ready to flick at a wrist so maybe showing up unplanned wasn't your best action to plan" you turned to the man "so where can I hide" he interjected then Peggy turned to you to which you rolled your eyes "take a right up ahead" Peggy directed Jarvis.