Home - Chapter 31

You were left for weeks by yourself Peggy check regular actually daily for that matter Steve did check but that was very rare with him being Captain America and all he was needed and you guess he grieved similar to you you guessed he grieved by being alone something you done you enjoyed being alone.

You really did.

Your mind could wander to where ever and what ever you dreamt of you could be calm and free from peoples questions and apologies or condolences your voice could be rested you didn't have to answer people questions or explain the mission details over and over again and you wouldn't be so blind to others offers and advantages.

But the phone rang you lifted from the sofa your robe tied tight round your body "Hello" you let out "hello Y/N it's Peggy how are you ?" She asked like always "I'm good yah know as usual" you smiled it was silent for a second "good good what have you been up to ?" She asked again "nothing much" you replied dryly there the silence was again "well I'm at the base now incase you feel like coming anytime soon just notify me I'll come pick you up we could grab a coffee or a tea" she continued blabbing on telling happy stories from work she really did try to help she would tell little jokes and offer to help you and ask how you were doing almost everyday but she couldn't really do much but be there for you "yah know you don't have to check on me all the time Peggy I'm okay I've had time to get over it I'm fine" you confessed to her silence there it was again it was something which lingered with you these past weeks lurking behind your every movement "ohh okay I'll see you soon" she sweetened her voice something you noticed she done more around you you guess it was to be optimistic to bring some sort of spring to you it was kind and thoughtful but did nothing "I'll see you soon.... thank you Peggy" the phone fell silent.

It wasn't easy to not be reminded of James you were living were you,him and Steve lived just a while ago now it was just you and Steve but he was busy so now it was just you. The kitchen was bare you didn't bother to shop there was no one to cook for but yourself and you didn't really have a appetite that much and as suspected weight and muscle dropped of your body something you weren't happy about but something you left clouded at the back of your mind the bed wasn't made left the same from when you guys rushed out the house after waking up late you slept on sofa you were gonna make it when you got back you and James but ...

It was dark the apartment it was cold and it wasn't that cozy home which it once was it was something lost something empty somehow despite nothing gone ...

You lifted from your seat and played the record player it was something to fill the silence something to fill the hollow laughters which linger in the house so far away to reach but so close to hear those memories where something which painted the walls but now they had been stripped away from you stripped away with no warning and you were there left to with no paint or tools you were left to do it alone.

You venture your way back to the sofa and sat there you sat there and just stared forward you were sitting in the middle of the sofa the tv static highlight the deep bags under your eyes highlight the yellow tone formed in the corner of your eyes your eyes blurred black with forgotten mascara the only sound to be heard was the faint voice from the record player.

We'll Meet Again
Don't know where, don't know when
But I know We'll Meet Again
Some sunny day
Keep smiling through
Just like you always do
'Till the blue skies drive the dark clouds far away

Your mind went tired so you just sat there staring forward tears barely escaping your eyes only to slowly fall down your face and crash into your lap as the music continued.

So will you please say hello
To the folks that I know
Tell them I won't be long
They'll be happy to know
That as you saw me go
I was singing this song
We'll Meet Again
Don't know where, don't know when
But I know We'll Meet Again
Some sunny day....

*Authors note*

Hiya guys you all look very handsome and beautiful as per usual hope your all doing well and looking after yourself if not please do you deserve goodness well let me tell you I cried while writing ha it is not good idea to listen to sad music while writing this stuff but I did it anyway why ? You may ask cause I'm dumb af and enjoy crying over emotional character lives yah know gives me a bit of story arch anyway this chapter is short and I'm really sorry I didn't want it to drag with it being all soppy and shite so I wanted it short and simple but I hope you enjoyed it it's a bit different to what I write again I'm not that good and writing sad stuff I one of those awkward people who struggle to express emotion so this may be awful so I apologise is it once again really sorry and always thank you all so much for your lovely comments and votes and messages they always make me laugh and smile and I always try and reply to them cause they are very precious to me as are you guys yous make me genuinely laugh and smile and enjoy writing this little story and as always love you all xxx