False Hope-Chapter 11

"New found American hero"Howard smiled to himself staring at the newspaper with Steve's photo on "its a shame he's wearing women's shorts"Howard smiled at his little joke. Looking down at Y/N body still laid their breathing and healing but silent "hmmm you never eat your soup Paris" he stood up grabbing the bowl of soup placing it in the trash can "it's alright when you wake up well get a nicer meal or maybe make some ourselves" he stood at the end of your bed holding on to the metal railing "he hem Mr Stark the Paris report came back" Howard turn to see Jarvis stood in the doorway "So what bullet was it" he asked desperately "well that's what they said I should tell you" he said walking in the room "Take a seat Mr Stark please" Jarvis said gesturing to the chair "erm well the bullet that hit Miss Paris was a normal bullet the thing which is keeping her in this coma is the coating on the bullet"Jarvis said looking at Howard "what do you mean coating ?" He said "the bullet was coated with some sort of chemicals we don't know if she gonna wake up from the coma Howard" Jarvis said staring at the floor waiting for Howard's answer but their wasn't one he just turned to Y/N hand and stared at it laying peacefully on the bed.

*4 months later*

"James Barnes sir"he said shaking howards hand "please call me Howard" he said with a smile "so it seems your Steve right hand man" howard spoke moving round his workspace "indeed i mean I owe my life to him and you and Miss Paris he said looking at howard "I really am sorry about her I was going to visit but I felt like it would be inappropriate since I have only met her once" he said placing his cap in his hands "you met her ?" Howard said raising his eyebrow "i wouldn't call it a meeting more like a quick conversation as she rushed up to the stage on your Stark expo she did looking breath taking in her dress" he said with a grin on his face "ahh yes the expo she did look beautiful" he smiled at the memory."MR STARK MR STARK"Jarvis ran into the room nearly tripping over his own feet "she's woken up" Jarvis said staring at James and Howard.

"Y/N Y/N" Howard called bursting in the room.There you were after 5 months of laying silent you were there with your eyes open and a smile on your lips he ran to you squeezing you clutching onto your stroking it hair before pulling out and holding your face smiling deeply "howard calm down" you said "what are you doing I've only been knocked out for 2 days" you said "2 days Y/N you've been out for 5 months  you got shot" he said looking face "I know that silly but 5 months it can have ...".two men came in the room Jarvis and James "MISS PARIS YOUR OKAY" Jarvis said throwing his hands in the air before bringing them down patting his suit "excuse me"he said coughing but still having a grin on his face "couldn't let a dame like you go now" James said smirking "ahhh Sargent Barnes how are you recovering ?"you said smiling to which you got confused expressions "what do you mean recovering" howard said staring at you "He was kidnapped by Hydra Howard how can you not remember ?"you said pulling the quilt from over you "the question is how do you ?" Howard said concerned "because I was in the lab room with you when you told me" you said standing up "woah woah Miss Paris please lay down and rest " jarvis said concerned "Im fine my wound has heeled" you said standing up perfectly fine "wait what else do you remember" James said intrigued  "nothing really just being in the lab with Howard all the time and Peggy visited now and again so did Steve and you Mr Jarvis now that you mention it I dont really remember leaving the lab most have been tired" you laughed "Y/N you've been in the hospital in a coma for 5 months after getting shot by hydra agents peggy was never in my lab neither Steve in the 5 months they have only seen you is  at the hospital the same with me and we didn't even know about James rescue till 2 months in your coma".

Hearing Howard's words you sat back slowly onto your bed "Fi..five months in a coma i..i..i was in a coma for five months"you said unsure. Bucky walked over to you "Doll you need to take it slow okay i know this confusing and a shock for you but your here now awake i mean were all here alive there still a war going on everyone around you is happy and healthy"Bucky told you placing your hands in his you give a small smile at buckys calmness and postivity. Howard shot a look at your two hands feeling a jealous feeling on his chest and mind he just stared at you and the way you smiled at bucky . Just then Howard realised that weren't his and you had absolutely no clue how much you meant to him.

Howard give up .

He never gave up cause you didn't notice the way he stared at you or the way he boast about you to people he never gave up cause you weren't in love with him he gave up cause he knew he wasn't good enough for you he knew you deserved a man like James or Steve a good men, well moral-ed men and good role models and amazing father figures someone who was capable of caring for you and being there instead of  letting you down.So he left.He left walking down the hospital hallway he walked down a thousand times over these pass five months with his hands in his pocket and his hair tousled he just kept walking until the sound of Jarvis calling Mr Stark faded.

He got in his car drove home with his head empty of feeling and a cold feeling in his chest he went in his home and drank until the cold feeling left. He picked up the phone and dialled a previous fling of his this was easier for him and better for you.

Howard knew he wasn't meant for you and yet deep down he still had hope that you would see him trying .

*Author Notes*

Omg I can't believe how many reads and votes this has thank yous all so much it I wrote this little chapter cause I hadn't wrote for this story in a while I'm still trying to write my new one i know I've been off for a while but truly thank you all for supporting this I really do appreciate it and as always love you guys xxx