Chapter 5 - Suspicious

- Clarita! Earth to Clari!! - Diego sang from behind me which made me jump and blush like mad at the same time - What happened? Why are you so happy?

- I told you! My friend just texted me, that's all - I replied then I quickly texted back to Rodrigo.

"Yes, I'd love to!"

And just as I replied his answer came instantly:

"I'll pick you up at 7pm"

After this I headed to Diego and sat next to him.

- Anyway... Why are you here? I know you said that because you were worried, but do you have any other reason to be here? - I asked him.

- Not really - he replied casually - You know I love spending time with you!

- That's cute...

Really! He's saying things like this to me when he has a girlfriend and this is why I was so depressed by seeing him with her when I wanted to be in her shoes and I still want to... But now Rodrigo really wants to help me out and making me happy so I'm giving him a chance to do it.

Diego's POV:

Clari acts weird today.

She seemed to be lying to me about the text she got and she got too excited about it... And I have a feeling it's not just a "friend" who texted.

I remember seeing her with Rodrigo yesterday more than usual and even Alfredo told me that he saw them hugging which is also weird and after a while I decided to ask her about it.

- What happened between you and Rodrigo yesterday? - I finally asked her.

- What do you mean?? - she mumbled, a bit nervously.

- I saw you two together more than usual... And I saw him nearby when I came here.

- Well... He lives nearby after all - she said - And anyway... We were just talking and nothing more. Nothing special happened...

- I see... As you say then - I mumbled while I kept on looking into her eyes and I could see she was definitely lying... But I really don't know in what exactly.

Later as we were talking another text she got, but at that moment when she was in the kitchen, making tea, but her phone was on the table.

It was from... Rodrigo?

But unfortunately before I could take a better look at it Clari came back so I couldn't do anything at the moment.

----- TIME SKIP -----

- Well... I have to go for now... - I sighed as I headed to the door and Clari came with me - But thank you for bearing me here though.

- It's no problem - she giggled - It was good to have you here... But soon I have to go and get ready to my meeting anyway so...

- With Rodrigo?

- What?

- I saw you got a text from him earlier.

- Oh... Uhm, yes... Something like that... - she mumbled, blushing slightly.

Her gaze had became weird. She looked sadly at me at this moment then quickly looked away as I was about to leave the house.

Something's not right here. She's acting weird and I want to know why...

Clari's POV:

God, Diego almost found out about us! What the hell am I gonna do if he starts asking?

I mean he really seems to care about me and stuff, but I just don't want to tell him about me and Rodri... Or atleast not yet since it isn't even his business.

Anyway... It's 5pm now and I'm meeting Rodri around 7 so I guess I should just get ready now and stop daydreaming about Diego who doesn't even care about me that way....