Chapter 12 - Confession

Clari's POV:

We started working today and everything seemed normal until it was time for the "Germangie" moments to shoot.

Diego acted really weird when he arrived to the set and didn't even talk to me until he had to.

- Diego...

I tried to communicate with him, but no use as we had to start, but as soon as we finished and we were alone I decided to not to let him go until he tells me the truth.

And it surprisingly worked!

- Fine. I'll tell you - he groaned and I swear he scares me when he acts like this.

He stepped in front of me and looked into my eyes with his big, brown ones and said:

- Why Rodrigo?

No way... He knows!

- Why him?!

- D-Diego... - I stuttered as I had no idea what to say and his sadness just left me even more speechless.

- Clarita... Maybe this isn't coming as a huge surprise, but I always loved you... From the beginning...

- O-Of course... And I love you too...

- No... I'm not talking in the friends way...

- What?

- You heard me... - he smiled sadly - Everytime... When we need to kiss on scene... My heart is beating so fast and till now I didn't understand the reason behind it...

- No, please...

- Clara, I love you... I fell in love with you...

He said it. He actually said it!

But why now? Why?!

- D-Diego...

- I know you love me too, Clari! - he literally begged as he touched my cheeks gently - Please...

For long seconds all I could do was to listen to what he's saying, but then I pushed him away from me.

- Diego... You can't love me... You just can't... You have Annalise...

- I don't love her the way I love you... Please, believe me...

- No! Diego, I can't believe you!

He stood there, frozen.

- I've been suffering for the past... Almost 3 years by now, trying to not to feel the way I feel towards you, but I just couldn't... And now... Now you're doing this to me! Now that I think I found my happiness!

- You only think?

- Wha... Don't! I love him and he loves me! He never hurted me even once, but what did you do?! You always just ignored me whenever I tried to tell you how I feel!

- Clari...

- Don't! Just... Don't! Please! - I hissed as I stormed out as far away as I could.

Diego's POV:

What... Just happened?!

I actually confessed her my real feelings and she rejected me like that?!

Why...?

She actually said she loves me, but she doen't want to be with me at all.

Why am I so pathetic?! I should have stayed quiet... I keep hurting her with all this... And this is the least I want to do...