Chapter 37 - The final show

Today is the final show of Notti Sul Ghiaccio and Mehmet and his partner was the last couple that lasted till now beside me and Marco which was really annoying as this time we had to perform 2 choreography and one of them we should do with the other one's partner.

Also I have my birthday today and Marco has already surprised me this morning with some flowers which was really cute from him, but I really wish Diego to be here as well.

I miss him so much.

He'd never miss my birthday even if we wouldn't work together that day.

He always came to surprise me and spend time together with me, even when he had Annalise and it was really surprising, but I never asked him if she was jealous because of this... I didn't care.

- Clara, focus! - said Marco, snapping me out of my thoughts - We need to be ready for tonight, you know!

- I know! I'm sorry... - I sighed deeply, but he just smiled.

- Miss him, huh?

- Yeah...

- You'll see him soon. I'm sure he'll watching you tonight as well!

- Yeah... - I smiled a bit - Thank you, Marco...

- It's nothing. We're friends after all - he said as he pulled me into his arms and hugged me tightly - Don't be sad now... It's your birthday today after all! We'll win tonight and we'll be having a huuuuge party! What do you say?

- Sounds great! - I giggled as we continued working together.

----- TIME SKIP -----

That evening I was so excited and even Mehmet seemed to be normal as he was nice the whole time while we were practising.

- I'm sorry for being an asshole at the beginning - he said - I had some problems and I couldn't bear anyone near me.

- It's okay, I understand you - I smiled - I've been in the same situation...

- Oh really?

- Uhm... I don't really want to talk about this now...

- As you wish... Anyway... - he now held his hand out - Good luck! You'll do great!

- Good luck - I smiled as we shook hands - And we will do great!

- Yes - he smiled.

After this conversation I went back Marco to get ready and soon it was out time to perform and I was more upset than ever, but Marco quickly calmed me down.

----- TIME SKIP -----

After our performance all the jury was really satisfied with us as well as the audience.

We were the first ones to perform so it was still Mehmet left with his partner then Marco with Mehmet's partner (A/N: I didn't think about a name so don't be mad xD) and just then it's my turn with Mehmet.

While I was waiting for my next turn we had a little break and Milly, the presenter of the show came up to me.

- I didn't even wish you a happy birthday just yet - she said - Happy Birthday and good luck as well! As I heard the jury was very satisfied with you and Marco.

- Thank you and I'm glad - I smiled - But... I don't know how will this go with Mehmet though...

- I don't think there will be any problem as it seems like you can get along with anyone... Even with him!

- Yeah...

- Don't worry so much - she smiled then she quickly went back as it was time to continue the show.

This feels a bit weird as she has never been coming to me even once... Maybe it's because of my birthday only, but I don't know...

----- TIME SKIP -----

The last performance has finished too and now there came some guest stars to entetrain the audience while we're waiting for the votes.

I wasn't really paying attention to anything until one point when Molly called out...

- As some of you know... Today is Clara Alonso's birthday! - she said - And some people wanted to surprise her a bit for this day!

And just as she said that I saw them coming...