Rehnuma ( part 9)

"Ami ghazi hi kiun or itni jaldi kiun nikkah kardia tha apne mera

"Ami ghazi hi kiun or itni jaldi kiun nikkah kardia tha apne mera. ( ami why ghazi? And why did you get my nikkah done so early?)"
Amal asked mrs meena. She had her head in her mothers lap while mrs meena was continously raking her fingers in amals hair, it was the most relaxing therapy.

"Beta tumhare aba ki death kay bad tumhare chacha log tumhe mujhse cheen na len islye ye qadam uthaya." ( child, after your fathers death I was scared that your paternal uncles might snatch you from me, thats why I had to make this decision.)" Mrs meena said and took a pause. Amal held her hands and kissed them. She knew her mother was a strong women.

"Your fathers and mine was a love marriage and your fathers family was never happy about it,  after your fathers demise they were after you amal and I just couldent lose my only child and I knew no one for you is better than ghazan. " mrs meena continued sighing.

"isnt he?"   she asked amal questionably and she slowly nodded her head. She knew their terms were not good with her fathers relatives but she never knew they were the reason behind her abrupt nikkah.

"Kiya bat hai, khush to ho na amal? " ( whats wrong? Are you happy amal?)" Mrs meena said.

"Haan ami khush hoo."  she replied shutting her eyes tight.

___________

Her heavy bridal lehenga was sprawled on ghazan aqdus's bed. She was all dolled up for him tonight. Donninh some heavy makeup and a hairdo she was all ready for him to come in. Her heart beat was erratic. Since the day she had asked him for ruksati, the arrangements were made very quickly, all the households had gotten excited but ghazan had been silent, deadly silent one could say.
Looking at her henna filled hands she sighed. Both the sides had his name written, on the right side in urdu and the left in english, they both were very prominent. Sighing she smelled the mehndi and half smiled at the deep red colour.
....

Pulling himself together ghazan entered the room. The vibes of the room were romantic, very romantic. His bride all ready in a maroon lehenga for him was sitting on his bed, silently waitung for him. Looking at her he breathed deeply. She was a ravishing girl he knew that but today she looked out of the world. He wanted to keep on looking at her but he just couldent at the same time. The thought that she was forced into this because of the result of a weak moment betweem them was like a torture to his mind and soul plus his ego.

"Amal, why are you still sitting up? Go and change please." He said in his raspy voice. His voice was rasp because he had caught cold and right now he was having a bad headache.

"I, I was waiting for you ghazan." She looked up at him shocked. Deep down she felt betrayed.

"No need for these formalities. Pass me those medicines on the table please and go and get rid of all this." He sounded frustrated. Picking up the ibuprofen from the table she passed it to him and looked towards him before entering the wasroom. He had gulped two tablets together.