The Ramadan story ( part 1)

Sydney

Sydney.... three days before the flight to Pakistan....

"Are you still sure dad, that this is a great idea. Because none of this is seeming okay to me."  A boy in his early twenties asked his father in a thick australian accent.

"Ofcourse it is my son, you will love it over there." Forcing a smile his father replied because deep down he had no idea as to what awaited ahead. So to play safe he was sending his son over first.

"Then why arent you going with me?" Squinting his eyes he asked.

"Ah, I , I have work here. I will join you soon." Stuttering he said and the boy chuckled.

"Save it dad! I know you are afraid of dada jee's wrath and are sending me to calm him down." The boy said.

"Atleast I am scared of my dad and look at you here quarelling with me!" Trying to sound intimidating Mr haroon aka as Noah's dad said.

"Yeah yeah!" Waving him off the boy retired to his room.
This all was feeling wierd. Since he had grown up he had never visited Pakistan ever. He had never met or known his grandfather, yes his dadi would often talk to him over video calls and also he was familiar with his uncle meer who had made all this setting and was adamant of calling his elder brother haroon to pakistan this year at any cost.

________________

Pakistan!

"Rida main kal arahi hoon tayar rehna, biryani shiryani, zara korma waghera bana k rakhna."
Shiza said over the phone and rida smiled at her.

( rida I am coming tommorow, make some biryani shiryani or korma for me)

"Jee aya noo , har dam aao."
( most welcome).
Rida said welcoming her. She loved this cousin of hers, a bunch of naughtiness.

"Aray yar suna hai humara aussie cousin araha hai. Haye koi 20, 25 saal baad dekhenge . Uske peda honay ka gift bhi to nahi tha dia humne ..."
Shiza said like a gossip queen and rida smiled at her mischeaves.

( dude i have heard our aussie cousin is also coming. Like we will be seeing him after 20 or 25 years , we havent even given him a gift on his birth haha?)

"Haan bus guest room set kar rahi thee per dada jee upset the k chachoo kiun nahi arahe. " rida said pouting.
She loved her grandparents and lived with them like their daughter as everyone was busy in their lives. She was also studying medical while staying with them.

( yeah i was setting the guest room but dada jee is upset as why uncle haroon aint coming himself)

"Haan wese wo late kiun arahe hain? Nana jan kay chitrol se darte hain...?"
Shiza giggled

( yeah why is he cominv late? He is scared of grandpas beating?)

"Sudhar jao larki or ye batao Tumhara room bhi set kardoona. ?" Rida inquired.