Familia

The next morning, we're all called into our meeting room.

By the time I get there, everyone is laughing at the fact that Hongjoong has a nasty cut on his neck from my knife.

"Shut up, it's not funny." He pleads.

"Uh, yeah it is," I counter. "I snuck into his room without any issues and then coulda killed him right there. But the poor baby was begging for mercy, so I let him live."

"Didn't you almost kill him when you first got here too?" Mingi asks.

"Yeppers."

I give a little bow and sit down in my usual spot beside Yunho.

"ANYWAYS, not to change the subject, but we have more pressing matters to discuss." Hongjoong says trying to stifle the little giggles escaping everyone. "In six months time, we'll be taking down the Min Dynasty. We still have a lot of planning to do. Jongho, what do you have so far?"

Jongho places a crisp folder onto the glass table. He opens it to reveal a small stack of papers. "These are bank statements that we were able to decrypt from the past 10 years."

"Why is it so small?" Hongjoong asks.

"That's what she said," I whisper so only Yunho can hear.

Yunho bites down on his tongue to avoid laughing.

"It's small because these are only surface payments. Grocery shopping, clothes, real estate investments, things like that. We're having a hard time getting into the deeper payments. But the good thing about what we have so far is that it shows us their pattern and where they've been. And where they tend to go."

Hongjoong nods. "Do we have anything else?"

"I'm getting closer to hacking into their security system," Jongho admits to the team.

"That's good. The quicker we get in there the quicker we can get more information."

I raise my hand. "Question."

"Yes?"

"So, I have no problem with us taking down my family, but two things. Why are we doing this, and how will them being out of the picture affect me?"

Hongjoong sighs. "We're getting rid of them because they're causing too much trouble and frankly getting on my nerves. Where it all leaves you, that's for you to decide."

"I hate my parents as much as the next person, but I'm not gonna go killing them for sport. There's something you're not telling me." I cross my arms and sit back in my chair.

"See that's where we're different."

Bullshit. He's keeping something from me.

"Ok then, Mr. Secrets." I shrug my shoulders.

He raises his hand like he's about to yell. But then he puts it down and looks at me with a smirk-like smile. "What did I tell you last night?"

"When? Before or after the sex?" I answer with a smirk of my own.

The rest of the men gasp. 

San speaks up. "Joongie! What did you do?"

Hongjoong looks like he's embarrassed. Good.

"We didn't have sex. She's just being an unbearable asshole."

"Ok sure." I respond and wink at San.

"Fuck, ok this meeting is over. You can all leave." Hongjoong instructs. 

I get up to go. 

"Not you," he points at me.

When everyone leaves he points at the chair for me to sit down.

"Ooh, why? Have I been a bad girl?" I pout and put my hands to the sides of my face.

"Y/N just sit and listen for fuck's sake."

I sit and fold my hands on top of the table.

"If I tell you why I want your parents gone, will you be less insufferable?"

"I don't make promises I can't keep."

He rolls his eyes.

"Yes." I reply after a moment of silence.

"Your parents have caused more grief in this country than any disease or act of violence ever has. Your parent's have affected everyone in some way or another. For me... well... it's the reason I'm 23 and leader of ATEEZ."

"I always assumed you took out your own family, given your reputation."

He slams his hand on the table and I'm surprised it doesn't shatter.

"All you had to do was reply in some form that wasn't that!"

"You know why I use this facade, asshole?" I get up out of my chair, and approach him.

Now I'm standing in front of him. Our faces inches away.

"Because I can't let anyone know how I feel all the time. I look like a stone cold bitch, and I do really well with the act, but I'm fucking not. I used to be as sensitive as they get."

He looks at me quizically. 

"Yeah, of course I'm sorry you lost your family because my parents are a parasite to this world. Is that what you want me to say?"

"Yes. That's all I wanted. Was that too hard?"

"Yes! It fucking was."

I find myself shaking after my mini rant.

I try to reach for my knife, the only thing that grounds me, but my hands are shaking too much.

"Y/N?" He looks slightly worried, hand extending.

"Fuck off. I'm fine. If I could move my hands I'd slit your throat right now."

He nods and walks out of the room.

I just stand there frozen. 

That little bit of emotion that I showed really took it's toll on me.

Next thing, I'm on the floor in a little ball. Sobbing.

I haven't cried since I made my first kill.

I haven't let myself feel. 

Stupid short man getting under my skin and making me emotional.

~~~

I sit there until I fall asleep in the room.

Nobody comes to look for me.

Nobody ever has anyways.

A/N: Sorry this chapter is le crap. Kind of a filler to keep things moving.

Y/N is someone who really bottles up her emotions. The only things she can express confidently are sarcasm. Hongjoong made her open up.