Bonus Chapter: House Hunting

"What do you think about this one?" Hongjoong asks, sitting on my right. His left hand holding my thigh, his right hand scrolling through house retail websites.

Hongjoong and I spoke, and while we love this place, it would be nice to actually have a place of our own, especially if we end up having any kids. It would not be the best to have them grow up in this environment. The seven other men in this place are great, but loud, overbearing, and too violent for young children. And sometimes, too much for me as well.

"No. Too small. Next one." I roll my eyes at Hongjoong's choice of a house. A small, 2 bedroom, 1 bathroom house. If our plan is to raise a family, that house will not satisfy us for very long. "I still think it would be better to look in person rather than online. Let's just hire a realtor. It's not like we're having hard financial times right now, or like ever for that matter."

His face turns from the computer screen to me. "Yeah, but wouldn't it be much cooler to say that we found our own house without the help of some hired professional."

"Who are you competing against?" I ask. 

"Mingi bet a lot of money that we couldn't find a house on our own."

"You bet money on a house for us?"

"Not nearly as much as he did. Well, I guess they did, they all have a pool of money to share if they win."

"So its seven to one, and you somehow put in less money than them?"

"Ok so maybe not. But, anyways, I'm sure we can find a house on our own. We don't need somebody's help, honey."

"For the record I'm not okay with you just casually betting money on a big investment of ours."

"I think you'll be more than happy with the money we get from them when we win. We can use it for a bunch of things. Invest it, put it into a trust fund, go on a very expensive trip, or use it for any renovations."

"That does sound a little tempting."

"I thought you'd say that."

"I'm still not entirely happy about this, but, this does seem a little interesting."

***

We kept looking at houses online for hours. Several hours, ones that I would like, Hongjoong didn't. And ones he would like, I wouldn't. We just couldn't seem to agree on one singular house. I gave up and wandered around, needing to stretch my legs after sitting for so long.

"Where are you going?" Hongjoong has asked, swiveling in his chair.

"To take a breather. You should do the same, we've been sitting there for hours." I responded as I walked out of the room and into the common areas.

I spot Yeosang sitting by a fireplace, a book in his hands, open. His index finger trailing the words on the page and he muttering them along to himself. I huff a little laugh. It is always interesting to see Yeosang so focused. I tend to see him focused on other work, so this is new.

I stand in front of him and try to catch a glimpse of what he's reading. Once he sees me though, he shuts the book closed a little to rapidly. I raise an eyebrown at him.

"If you're reading smut, its nothing to be ashamed about. I read some out loud all the time." I say jokingly.

"God no, its not that." Yeosang laughs. "Just, a hobby thing of mine."

"What kind of hobby. What type of book is that?"

"Lore."

"Lore? About what? What are you a superfan of?" My smile, or more like smirk grows incredibly wide as I become eager to find out what Yeosang is such a fan of.