Jongho's Story - 0000110100001010010111010

*I hope you can guess what that says in the title <3*

This is Jongho's backstory taken in his POV and just offers insight into his background and how he became a member of ATEEZ. This does not affect the plot. Skip if you choose. 

"Look what I have, Jongho!" My cousin Alex came strutting in with another file in their hands. "Someone else you can work your magic on."

"Can't I have like a few hours to sleep?" I pouted.

"C'mon, you got this." Alex ruffled my hair with their slightly sweaty fingers. "Just this one more and you'll be done for a while. You know none of this works without you."

There they went. On with the guillting. Making me feel like I owed them something. Maybe I did, I mean, Alex is my cousin, and their family did take me in after my parents, well nobody ever told me what happened to them. But if I was part of this family, why should I be so indebted?

I picked up computer science like it was the alphabet or riding a bike. I was coding and decryption and even encrypting before I'd made it to junior high. Alex had the great idea of using my skills to make money for themselves, and sometimes I'd be allowed to keep a little bit.

Alex would do whatever it was they did, I never asked and they didn't tell me, but they'd come into my room with a folder of a 'prospect'. This prospect was someone who we were going to take money from. They were usually rich, and usually men.

What I had to do was hack into their bank accounts and take money out. I would make it seem like it was a bill they needed payed or some taxes that were deducted. Nothing too noticeably wrong. Sure, if it was someone really rich, I'd take more than enough out of that.

When I did get the money, Alex did something with it. Whatever they did with their share wasn't ever something I looked into. I was too busy working for them. But when I got some money, I always put that away in a little education fund for myself. With my skills, I could get into a good school and do something with what I know.

But today wasn't the day for that.

Alex laid the folder down on my keyboard and eagerly waited for me to examine it.

Upon opening the file, it looked like some kid. Or someone freakishly young. Kim Chanee the name read. And this guy was loaded. The file didn't really specify what it was he did, but I could tell I had free reign on this man's money.

"What do you think?" Alex asked me and shoved my shoulder.

"How the hell did you find him?" I turned and looked up at Alex, expecting a proper answer.

"The usual way. Word has it this guy can do you in if you wrong him. So I'd suggest being fast and quick."

Quick and fast are the same thing, dumbass, is what I wanted to say. "I'll do what I can." I say instead.

Alex hopped over onto my bed and laid down. "Ok, work your magic little buddy. Let me know when it's done."

"Why don't you learn how I do this so maybe you don't need me all the time. It's actually really simple-"

"Listen. I don't have to do this, but I'm helping you. Be grateful you're doing this. And I don't need to learn. This is a two person job. Mine is finding the people for you to steal the money from."

What the hell kind of answer is that?

My knuckled cracked easily and my fingers started to fly across the keyboard as I settled into my work.

It didn't ever take much time. But it took a lot of concentrating. One wrong click or key and you could let anyone know about what you're doing. One wrong click and you might not do something noticeable to them, but to another computer, oh hell yes. And you don't wanna start making that a habit or you'll be caught quicker than a sloth.