Twists and Turns

He holds me on his soft lips.

I, for some reason or another give in and kiss him back.

We stay like that until my breath hitches and I pull back.

"You stupid-" I start but get cut off by Yunho who breaks into my room.

"There's an emergency..." Yunho trails off as he sees the tangled mess of Hongjoong and I.

I jump off Hongjoong and help him up.

"We're on our way," Hongjoong says with a grunt.

Yunho nods and disappears into the hallway.

"We're not done with this," Hongjoong says to me with a stoic yet smirky face.

"Oh yes we are. We will never speak of this again." I retort and flee out of my room, Hongjoong trailing far behind.

I make it to the meeting room way before Hongjoong does and sit in my usual seat.

"So what was that that I interrupted?" Yunho whispers to me.

"Nothing," I whisper back.

"Oh sure, you guys were all-"

I cut him off by kicking my foot into the side of his shin.

He shuts up.

Eventually, Hongjoong makes his way in, clutching his side. He takes a seat and Jongho clears his throat.

"We've managed to break in to one of the Min's spending accounts." Jongho announces.

"One of them? How many more are there?" Hongjoong asks.

"At least four."

"There's six." I interrupt.

Everyone turns to me.

"Six. They each hold an account for normal necessities. There's one for their cover-up lawyer business. They each hold one for paying off and accepting payments for people and the last one, the one I'm assuming is the most secure, is the one they use for their dirty deeds. Which one did you get into?"

"The normal one..." Jongho says queietly.

"That's a start," Hongjoong says. "It will give us a clearer image of what the Min's do as normal people. Hopefully, it will help us gain some information to hack into their other accounts." 

Jongho nods and sits back down. He looks a little bit embarrassed that he didn't contribute as much as he thought. 

Stupid morals. Now I have to make him feel better.

"I think congratulations are in order. Nobody else, not even me was able to gain access to my parent's normal spending accounts." I clap a little.

Jongho looks up at me, a little more preppy now.

Everyone else claps a little, even Hongjoong.

"So is that a wrap?" I ask, getting out of my chair.

"You can't just call an end to the meeting-" Hongjoong says but everyone gets up and leaves.

"Buh-bye." I say to him and make my way to the door.

Before I can close the door behind me I hear a grunt. 

"Need some assistance?" I offer.

"That would be nice. But are you capable of such a feat?" Hongjoong groans out.

"You're right. I'm not. Enjoy your crawl."

I go to close the door again but he stops me again.

"Wait, Y/N. Can you please help me back to my room."

"Well, since I do love it when you beg, I suppose just this once." I very clearly avoid bringing up the elephant that is our brief little kissing session we had mere minutes ago.

And with that, I sling his arm over my shoulder and help walk him out.

The walk back is silent, but I can still hear him thinking. And every so often, he looks over at me.

I must be quite the hottie to have captured the attention of the leader of the most dangerous mafia. That or he's a hoe desperate enough for anything.

~~~

After a painstaking 15 minute walk which I can do myself in three, we make it back to his desolate room.

"Here's your lounge, sir." I say and help him sit on his bed.

"Thank you, Y/N. Really."

"Damn, you must be in a lot of pain to be able to use manners."

"And you must be exceptionally distraught if you're being more sarcastic than usual."

I mock his tone and repeat his words. "What's it to you?"

"You're going on another job aren't you?"

"Maybe."

"When do you leave?"

"Tomorrow."

"What is it?"

"Animal fighting ring."

"How many?"

"Nothing I haven't handled before." I say with a smirk.

"If you need backup, just ask. We're your team now."

I look at him with an eyebrow raised.

"I'm only here because you kidnapped me."

"True. But-"

"I work alone. Like Batman." I shrug.

"But Batman has Robin-"

"Shut up."

"Y/N, I'm being serious. Say what you want. You're part of the team and you have access to whatever you need."

I cross my arms. "Is this all because of that kiss? Is this how it usually works with girls for you?"

Anger washes over his face, and I realise I was wrong.

"You think I tried using you to get something from you? I've done it with other people yes, but I'd never do anything to wrong or harm my team. You'd know that if you ever actually opened up with other people."

Fuck that hurts.

"And this," I gesture to him in all his glory, "is exactly why I don't open up. Because it only ever backfires."

I storm out of his room and into mine where I end up crying. Again. 

He keeps making me feel things. I hate him for that. I also hate that he's making me open up myself to new experience. Like a parent would. Stupid. 'YoU'rE nOt My DaD!'

It's better if I just leave now.

I stop and think for a moment if I should consider Hongjoong's offer. Probably, but because I'm a stubborn bitch, I won't.

~~~ 

By the time all the lights are out in the city, I'm trekking my way through the slums. With only the soft pattering of my feet to keep my company.

A/N: This was baddddd. Like probably one of the worst thing's I've written in a while. It's also unedited. Also a filler. It will get more chaotic and dramatic. Just wait till stupid man's wound heals up.