By blood she is one

You know that deafening sound of bright white lights that happens when you wake up after having been concussed? Yeah, well that's what I'm hearing. As well as burly men yelling at everything around me. Curses spewed, glasses thrown and the follow up of that glass shattering. 

I can hear it... but my eyes won't open enough for me to see it.

Everyone is either pacing or shifting in their chairs that they're tied to as well as me.

My hands are bound firmly behind my back, and my ankles are wrapped together. I can feel matted and dried blood and dirt all over my face and my arms. I can only imagine the state everyone else is in.

Before, when all the lights had been turned on in this small, cramped cottage, it still felt cold. Now everything is burning up, sweat dripping from every pore in my body as these boiling lights rain down on me.

"What the fuck do you even need her for? She's done shi-" A loud slap resounds and pounds through my ears.

That sound is enough for my eyes to fly open and see Jongin's hand red from slapping Hongjoong across the face.

"Welcome back to the land of the living, princess..." Jongin teases with a coy smirk.

"Step away from him, and everyone else now and I'll do whatever the fuck you want." I order as loudly as I can, even though my voice is pitchy and cracks.

"Y/N, you are in no place to make demands."

"Then kill me here. Oh wait, Mommy and Daddy would be mad at you then..." I add as much pout to my mouth as I can but it hurts like a fucking bitch.

Jongin's jaw squares and he takes a step closer to me.

Looking me over, probably assessing the damage he's done, he grabs my hair firmly by the roots and tugs my head up to look at him. I use all the strength I can to avoid crying out in pain.

"By the time Mommy and Daddy are done, you're going to wish I was the one to kill you. You'll be begging for your death."

Without a thought, I spit a mixture of saliva and blood in his face.

He staggers back, looking positively disgusted. Good.

"Fucking bitch."

"I can't believe you'd say that about your own sister."

"I would never say that about my own sister." He wipes his face with his hands then wipes them off on his pants.

My mouth hangs open, lost for a retort.

I'm not adopted, am I?

No, that'd be too cliche.

He must see the confused look on my face because he answers the questions in my head. "Why do you think I've resented you all this time?"

"Because you're an intolerable asshole who spews bullshit with each breath?"

Now it's Haechan's turn to take a step forward. "You're the only biological child of our parents."

My eyes widen slightly, and my head tilts as I take in this new information. Oh, that makes sense then.

"Lucky me then. That means I get all the money when you all die by my hands."

A hard hit with... I think a bat tells me I may have stepped a bit too far with that line. With all the pain and numbness, it's hard to tell what I'm feeling.

"Leave Y/N alone. I can offer you more than she can." Hongjoong butts in.

My head flings over in his direction to give him a look of confusion. "Joong, as much a love that you're trying to be that cliche overprotective boyfriend, this is my fight, not yours."