Green Lights

Waking up in my own bed wasn't what I had expected. I thought I'd be back in that hospital bed, waking up from a nightmare and that my brothers would still be alive.

Hongjoong sits on a chair beside me, clutching my hand in his. His eyes droop as well as his hair. Once he sees my eyes open, his posture straightens and his eyes light up.

"Y/N, how are you?" He asks impatiently.

"Fine... I think." I respond while attempting to sit up.

Hongjoong puts a hand on my chest, stopping me from moving. "You need to lay down and rest for a while."

I roll my eyes in protest. "Let me sit up."

"No. You can lay down."

"I want to sit up."

Hongjoong sighs, letting go of my hand and takes off his shoes. The thin blanket that covers me he lifts from the side and slides under it and on top of me. Hovering above me, he looks down at me with caring eyes. He presses a light kiss to my brow and lays on top of me, his head nestled into the crook of my neck.

"You're laying down even if I have to make you." His breath is warm on my neck.

"Well, I guess this is a nice way to relax. I won't complain."

I wiggle my arms out from under him and wrap them around his back. His back muscles tense up and then relax at my touch. I gently rub my fingers up and down his back. The feel of the fabric under my fingers feels so familiar.

"You only slept for 14 hours straight this time," Hongjoong whispers.

"Oh thank god, I wasn't out cold for a few days again," I whisper back.

"I don't know what I would have done with myself if you were asleep that long." He chuckles softly to himself.

"I'm sure the boys would've kept you on your toes."

I don't have to see his face to feel his eyes rolling. "Ugh, you're right."

"Like usual."

Hongjoong sits up on top of me, never taking his eyes off me. "We've removed the remains of your brothers and laid them to rest alongside your parents. Jongho has already started the process of transferring the assets over to you. Seonghwa is gone to the 'estate' and is settling some things there that we think you'd rather not deal with."

I nod slowly. "It means a lot to me that they're all helping when they really don't need to."

Hongjoong's hand comes down and brushes my cheek. "They're your friends. Your family. Of course, they're going to help." He then tucks some stray hair behind my ear smiling widely at me. "And they're taking a cut of the money. They're greedy that way."

I can't help but smile. It's not like I need all that dirty money, and they deserve some anyways for all their help.

They've invested so much of their time and energy into this. Not because their boss wanted them to, or because they were asked to, or because of their friend. They knew what the right thing to do was.

Anything they want from my new fortune, they can have. If they took it all I wouldn't care that much... besides the fact that I wanted to put that money towards helping people that were hurt by my family.

"You're okay with them taking a cut for themselves?" Hongjoong asks shyly.

"Of course," I answer without hesitation. "They've worked hard at this for so long they deserve something. My parents had a lot of cars, they can take those, they can take the valuable art pieces, or whatever else they want. If they want money, well I have a lot now, so I'm willing to share."