Silence is Bliss

*2 months later*

To start off, no I am not preggo.

But what happened in that time was something monumental.

Hongjoong 'properly' asked me to marry him. He said it had to be done right or it wouldn't be done at all, so I let him do whatever he wanted.

I wasn't expecting it. At all. I thought he'd do it out of spontaneity, but he actually had been planning out this whole event weeks prior.

An hour before sunset, Hongjoong asked me if I'd like to go out and around for a bit. Nothing unusual, since we'd spent plenty of evenings just walking and talking, and of course, people watching.

"Alright. Any dress code for this fine evening?" I asked innocently since sometimes we'd go out to a restaurant or just dress up for the fun of it.

"Whatever you want darling," He cooed, his voice smooth like butter.

"Intriguing. I'll be out in 10."

He waited patiently outside my- rather one of our shared rooms. If I was paying closer attention to his body language at the time, I would've seen that he was very fidgety. His feet would tap the ground in irregular patterns and his hands were folding and unfolding.

When I was ready, I looped my arm through his and let him lead the way.

His facial expression never strayed away from a smile or grin. Whatever kept his face in the happy position was where it was the entire evening.

We strolled out into the garage. The sun had set ever so slightly that walking up to Hongjoong's sleek, glossy black vehicle seemed more magical than it should. He opened the passenger door for me like usual and let me settle into the seat before closing the door and sliding into his own seat. There were a few times I tried to hold the door open for him to get into the car, and he'd step in like I was his chauffeur. But then when I would cross over to my own side, he'd dash over and open the door for me. Bugger.

"Where are we going?" I asked as I put my hand over his as the car clicked into gear.

"You'll see. We're going somewhere new." His eyes flicked to me briefly and then back to the winding road ahead of him.

The routes he took were all unfamiliar to me. And the longer we drove, the less human life we saw. The houses became fewer and the trees grew taller.

Right when I was going to ask him about where we were, Hongjoong's blinker indicated left and he turned into an old beaten down path. Weeds and grass grew straight up in a center stripe through the road. Green trees and many different wildflowers were spread out along the sides of the road.

"It's so quiet and... wonderful here." I admitted through a whisper.

"I though you'd like it." Hongjoong chuckled back lightly.

The loose rocks under the tires kicked out to the sides as the road kept going. It kept going and then it stopped so abruptly. "Now we get to walk." Hongjoong put the car in park and pulled the keys out of the ignition.

"Looks very forest-ee." I giggled.

"And just wait until you smell the fresh, the clean air."

He was right. The air smelled so much better out here in the wild. The wilderness. Where no person dare go. Except us of course.

I looked up at the towers of branches and leaves that decorated and covered up the sky that was slowly turning shades of pink, purple and orange in the most delicate of pastels. There could not be a more perfect night.