Gin

We all bring our temporary belongings into the cozy cottage, or safehouse as they all claim it to be. Everyone settled away into their rooms with their roommates. Some laughter can be heard as well as fighting with pillows and yelling.

Wooyoung and San unsurprisingly share a room. Jongho and Seonghwa split another and Yunho, Mingi and Yeosang take the biggest room. 

"So wait, there's not even a TV here?" I ask, my hands on my hips is disbelief.

"Nope. Aside from heat, electricity and hot water, we're going old school," Hongjoong explains to me with his hands behind his head and a stupid smile on his face.

"Well that sucks ass, but I understand why."

This place must be making it's own electricity and have a well. Otherwise, the bills have to be paid in someone's name and that can be traceable. 

When I was taken on a tour of the little place, all of the curtains we're drawn close and from the outside, this place looks unlived in. Or like ghosts currently reside in it.

I didn't need to bother asking why. Having been on the run myself, I know that one of the best ways to keep out unwanted visitors is to make it looks like nobody's home.

Even so, the weather was still nice out here and it would be nice to let in some natural light or clean up the place a little bit.

"What do you do for food here?" I ask, since my stomach has started to fight me for food.

"Cans, garden outside, and hunting as well."

"You hunt?"

"It's not too much different from people." Hongjoong shrugs, taking off one hoodie to replace it with another.

"Interesting thought process."

I shake my head at him and step out of our room into the rest of the cottage.

With a deep inhale, I smell roasted vegetables from the kitchen.

Please be good veggies, not those nasty ones.

In the kitchen, with an apron tied tightly around his waist, Yeosang stirs some chicken in a frying pan and seasons some veggies.

"I don't need help, if that's what you're here for." Yeosang mutters out.

"You should know me well enough by now to know that I don't like helping out all that often." I cross my arms and lean on the wall behind him. "What are you making?"

"Food."

"Really? I had no idea." I roll my eyes behind him. "What kind of food, dipshit."

"One that you will eat without complaining."

"You're not in the mood for talking, I see that. I'll leave you to your lonesome."

With a sigh, I turn on my heel and leave him alone. He's not in the mood to divulge any part of his mysterious past right now. While I respect that, it's also annoying since he and everyone else knows pretty much everything about me.

I peel back the drab curtains an inch to look out at the dreary world I'm currently living in.

There's still no sign of the weather deciding to go bad, so I decide to stalk out the property. Obviously, without telling anyone.

If I let someone know, Hongjoong would be right up my ass telling me it's safest inside or insisting to tag along with me. Which would only worry him more.

Better to leave him blissfully unaware.

I slip out through the side door I saw on my way in and close it as quietly as I can.

Stupid place hasn't been lived in for eons, so of course the door squeaks and groans as I move it.

Turning to face the outside, I take in a deep breath of the forest air.

Only on the few vacations I tagged along with my family did I see the vast wilderness our world has to offer.

Trees of all kinds and sizes touched the sky, their branches and leaves blowing softly in the humid breeze. I could hear assortments of buzzing. Bees, mosquitoes, big flies that hovered near the ground.

And chirping. I wouldn't be able to name any of the birds that made up the chorus of sound around me, but it's lively and beautiful. 

I smile up at the world around me and feel a pool of dread fill me up as well.

I'll probably never see this view again. 

It's only a matter of time before they catch me.

The can't find me here. We made sure of it.

But it's them. They always find what they're looking for.

Maybe... they just won't. Maybe they'll give up.

Who the hell am I trying to fool. They never give up.

I kick at some stones in front of me, not realising they're bigger than I had anticipated.

My toes bend at odd angles and I bite down hard on my lip to avoid screaming out in pain.

A second later, my tongue tastes the ever-so-familiar coppery tang of my blood.

I step out of the vicinity of the stones and out into the first trees that make up the dense forest.

The trees envelop all of my senses and I find myself stepping a bit deeper into the safety of green trees.

Branches break and snap below my feet and leaves crunch and fall to the mossy ground.

My mind loses itself in the expanse of this new world I almost miss the breathing behind me.

"Come to apoligise or tell me what's actually going on with ya?" I say, stopping in my tracks to Yeosang behind me.

"Maybe shut up and I'll do both." He steps up to my side and gestures forward. 

We take a small trek deeper into the wooded area to a small clearing where an old, red chipped bench sits.

We sit on either side and I cross my arms waiting for him to open up.

"The others know, and they haven't judged me. I'm only asking for you not to as well." He looks down at his fiddling fingers.

"That's a fair request. Now spill."

SORRY I WAS GONE FOR SO LONG AND GOT LIKE SO MANY READS!?!?

I'M ALMOST AT 600 READS???? WOWOWOWOWOWOW THANKS TO EVERYONE SOOOOOO MUCH!!!!!!

I had a whole lot of school shit going on, but now it's over. So I'll only be gone because of work and other summer endeavours. 

Side note, your girl here may or may not be with a dude? It's a little complicated but it's something.

I've planned out some more  chapters so they should be coming out soon-ish.

Love, Makenna <3