Yeosang's Story - Type A

A/N: This is a side story that just provides some background information on the characters, not entirely vital to the main story. You can skip this chapter if you choose to.

Yeosang's POV

"Thank you very much! This will go to a patient in need." I faked a smile to the patient who'd just spend 10 minutes in the back of this blood clinic van mercilessly giving their blood away.

"I've always wanted to donate my blood," they said, breathlessly.

Lucky for them, their blood was going to go to someone who was going to pay me a hell of a lot.

While I may have worked at the hospital, I knew more than most old crusty doctors yet they payed me barely minimum wage.

So? I started a little side business. I usually took this van out to get people to give up their bodily fluids for others. And I'd keep a little stash for myself.

This stash would be used when I exuded my medical skills on those that were into some shady stuff and didn't want to go to a hospital for fear of legalities.

Works for me.

More money in my pocket.

The patient exited the van and I closed the doors behind them.

Including their donation, that made 23 today. Naturally, I'd keep six.

My clock chimed the 4pm mark, telling me I needed to get the rest of the blood back to the hospital for proper containment and to clock in my hours for the day.

~~~

"That's great, Mr. Kang, thank you." The senior staff thanked me for my work and let me go on my way.

If you really wanted to thank me, give me a real title and some real money.

I scoffed and clocked out for the day.

~~~

My longtime buddy, Wooyoung was lounging on the couch of our shared apartment.

The sound on the TV was loud, so he was most definitely divulged into a video game after his 'hard day of work'.

He said everyday was a challenge, but winning fights came easy to him.

He had the size advantage, the training, the cocky grins and winks all in his favour. 

The only time he needed my help was when he took on a few too many men and they beat him near an inch of his life.

Wooyoung managed to drag himself to the door or our apartment where he passed out in a pool of his blood.

I pulled him in and fixed him up. I cleaned up the blood that led outside to our door with painstaking time and effort.

I'd be more upset with him if I wasn't thankful for his companionship and help when I was in times of need.

There were quite a few times when I'd be out on an evening 'mission', and Woo would tag along. People would insist they didn't have to pay, or try to pull a gun on me to scare me out of my well earned money.

That's where Wooyoung came in and got me every cent I deserved.

When I looked at Wooyoung in passing, I saw a nasty bruise under his left eye. He didn't seem very affected by it, but it looked like it must hurt like hell.

"I already put ice on it to take down the swelling, mom," Wooyoung whined without looking at me.

"I don't have time to take care of you tonight anyways. I got a call on my way home. I'm leaving now." I called out to him as I packed up my bag of medical supplies.