Higher Beings

I awake to the sound of Hongjoong's breathing.

He's breathing through his nose and it's making my hair dance. I smile and cuddle into him.

I fall back asleep.

Next time, I awake to his yawn. 

Fuck it sounds like a cute cat calling for attention.

"Morning sunshine," He whispers into my hair and kissing the top of my head.

"Pretty sure it's afternoon, but whatever floats your boat," Now it's my turn to yawn.

"This hair really suits you, ya know." He sits up and twirls my hair in his delicate fingers.

I pull him back down beside me. "No, stay with me longer." I add a pout to my voice.

"If I do, then someone is going to start looking for me." He pouts back.

"Five more minutes?" I stick out my bottom lip.

He pokes it and pulls me into his warm body for exactly another 300 seconds. Pretty sure he counted each second.

"Now I need to go..." He gets up off my bed and stretches, his shirt still unbuttoned and his face still stained from last night's... session.

I can't help but stare. He catches me and pulls me up out of bed. "You need to get up too. We have work to do."

Momentarily, I'd forgotten that I had this job to do and people to take down. 

"Fineeeeee." I walk away from him and into my bathroom to wash my face and get my day started.

I hear my door close, signaling he's left. Immediately, I miss him.

Fuck, I hate feeling.

~~~

Getting dressed and putting up my hair, I finally leave my room. It's 2pm, and I'm kind of disappointed that it's that late in the day. That leaves me with less daylight to plan out my devious plan to fool my parents.

I walk into the meeting room, expecting to be the last one to arrive. I'm not. Wooyoung and San are still missing.

"Where are the fuck buddies?" I ask everyone else.

"Doing exactly that," Yeosang says, sounding annoyed.

I sigh and sit back in my chair, seeing Hongjoong looking over at me. Just to tease him a little, I wink at him.

~~~

We wait for another eternity before a disheveled Wooyoung and San bust into the room.

"Have fun~?" I muse.

Wooyoung flips me off and takes his seat at the table.

"Now that we're all here," Hongjoong starts off, "We have a stealth mission to plan. Do you all know your roles?"

Everyone nods. Everyone but me.

"Wait. Everyone has roles?" I ask. Did I miss a meeting? Did I fall asleep during a meeting? Yeah, that's more likely.

"Yes." Hongjoong answers.

He explains that each person, although not in actual attendance at the event, will be present in some form. Jongho will be monitoring the event by hacking into the surveillance cameras. Seonghwa and Mingi will be out in a car in the parking lot ready to bust in at a moment's notice. San and Wooyoung have secured 'jobs' at the event. They'll be there to watch what's going on on the inside. Yunho and Yeosang will be in a separate car in the parking lot offering advice and whatnot.

"What we need to figure out today is how we're going to get close to the Min's as well as keeping them occupied." Hongjoong keeps going.

"What cool up-and-coming tech is on the market? Preferably something that can be used in deadly ways." I ask the group.

Jongho, looking up from his laptop for a moment, provides me with an answer. "This new program. It can be purchased either in a physical form, like a robot, or as an AI program in any device. Even in an ear piece. It's still in a trial phase, but very promising. It can offer insight into pretty much any topic, make purchases, solve problems like a calculator, sci-fi movie kind of stuff."

I snap my fingers and point them at Jongho like finger guns. "That's the shit they'd be into. Where is it being manufactured right now?"

"France."

"Good. Far enough away from here that nobody representing that would be at the event." I turn to Hongjoong. "How's your French?"

"Pas bon..." He responds in a disappointed tone.

"Then I'll have to give you some quick lessons."

Everyone else keeps discussing mafia stuff and I just write notes on my note pad in front of me.

Program - Higher Being
- Think of Sci-Fi and talk about it from there
- Made in France, randomly slip into French here and there
- Don't get caught
- Keep distance from brothers 
- Don't fall for hot men in suits
- Oui, oui, baguette
- J'espère que ce 'job' va bien

"Whatcha writing?" Yunho asks, peeking over at my notes.

"Noting at all." I casually cover my writing with my hand.

~~~

The meeting finishes and I'm just wandering around, thinking of different scenarios that could come to pass.

"Y/N? Is that you?" My mother could yell.

"Get her!" Could be my father's response.

Then I feel a tap on my shoulder. I turn to see an out of breath San behind me. He runs a hand through his hair and speaks. "Hey, Y/N."

"What do you want?" I ask, continuing to walk.

"How did you figure out about me and Woo?"

"The absences. The sweat always dripping from you both. The way you look at each other. The smiles. The way you act like nothing is going on. Everyone knows."

He goes pinker than his hair. "E-Everyone?"

"Yes, San. Everyone."

He keeps following me, neither of us knowing where I'm headed.

"You two seem good for each other," I finally say with a sigh.

He stops in his tracks, completely taken aback. "Y/N, do you have a fever? You never say anything nice! Did Joongie do this to you?"

With an eyebrow raised I turn to him. "Nothing's happening. Just thought I should... try.... and say... not mean things every blue moon."

He smiles brighter than the sun, gives me a quick side hug and runs off, calling out for Wooyoung.

"Woo-ah!" I hear him yell. I don't think he realises how loud he is. "Y/N said something nice! Do you want to hear!"

Then they're out of my earshot.

Stupid 'Joongie' making me all soft and nice. I should punch him or something. Maybe cut him again.

An evil smile forms on my lips as I start to think about Hongjoong instead of the event I'm dreading with every ounce of my being.

Stupid, stupid man he is.